[Changes you have made]Russia

Rod

King
Hi,

this is on request from kairob and another in the thread "changes you have made .. "

I thought it could be interesting to other people as well, hence I didnt want to spam the original thread.

This is now a WBSaveFile which contains following changes :

1) Changed Caucasus

I was always upset that Baku is located north of Caucasus in RFC (and is all desert). Hence I shifted the Caucasus one tile north and created 2 plains (Aserbaidchan and Georgia)

I named the spots Baku and Tiblissi and I gave forest to Georgia

2) Added Kazan

I also always wanted the Tartars to be somehow represented in the game, as they were a big threat to the young Russia.
For a start I added an independent city Kazan for the 600 AD start, but I am still trying to get it run as an event (the simple solution in Barbs.py seems not to work)

3) [Out of Russia] Ponta Delgado

I forgot to mention one other change I did looong back. I was always annoyed that Ponta Delgado got so huge. I mean it is small island in reality.

I figured that this because of early settlement by Portugal (right from the start). Hence I changed the sea around Ponta Delgado into ocean.

The effect is interesting (and unexpected). Portugal is now founding its second city in Africa and then goes directly for Brazil (ignoring Ponta Delgado)... this is not such a bad thing , you know :)

Just place the file RFC 600 AD modified.CivBeyondSwordWBSave into Public Maps

the corresponding City name file is CityNameManager.py , put it into the Assets/Python Folder

!!!! The CityNameManager.py is from the RFC optimzed Version !!!!

if you have no idea what I am talking about then please dont mess around with your folders but just leave it

The code is not commented so far, if you want I can add more changes (only to map) and dynamically update this thread.

Attachments

• RFC_Russia.zip
    98.7 KB · Views: 91
The Kazan thing should possibly be implemented into general RFC. Or alternatively a city named Bulgar by 800 in that same region.

Top Bottom