City health bug

void_genesis

Prince
I was just playing the latest version (3.10) and I noticed a couple of odds quirks. That said it was one of the most fun games I have played in a while. I was on track for a science victory with the maya, going wide. During a war with russia and portugal I noticed portugal sidle up a few ships to my biggest science producing city and just seemed to sit there for about five turns. I thought they were hesitating to attack since they would take too much damage. At the end of the five turns I look and see the city health go from full to almost zero. I didn't have time to get any troops there to defend.

Even for other times I was attacking or being attacked I noticed the city health jumping all over the place like crazy.

The other things- the policy to reveal the whole map didn't work at all.

Log reports might help.

Firstly was this late-game? Had Flight been researched? Could it possibly an animation error with their bombers not showing up? Had you changed ANY settings with regard to combat animations, 'Quick Combat' that sort of thing? Were these ships bombarding your city or were they "just sitting"?

I am asking blindly here as I have not seen a report like this before. Just off the top of my head stuff.

All information you can provide is helpful.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I don't have a log.

The game wasn't using quick combat or movement. It took place about mid game (galleons vs my city). I had noticed city health jump around a little before settling at a reasonable value during attacks before, but never seen the city seem perfectly healthy for multiple turns before crashing. It is possible it was just the AI milling about before launching a proper assault. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if it happens again.

Top Bottom