City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Gazebo,

I've loved your mod in the past, but since moving onto G&Ks, I can no longer construct your diplomatic units. I get access to the buildings that increase production, but never the option of building the diplo units.

The wonders that give free envoys end up giving me that number of settlers.

I am running The Communitas Expansion, R.E.D, and Cultural Capitals.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Gazebo,

I've loved your mod in the past, but since moving onto G&Ks, I can no longer construct your diplomatic units. I get access to the buildings that increase production, but never the option of building the diplo units.

FYI I am running R.E.D, Cultural Capitals + a lot of other mods along with SCD and have no problems.

\Skodkim

Gazebo,

Do the units appear in the civilopedia? If so, do they have 'free' as their cost? Try clearing your cache and see if you can construct the units. If the units are not appearing in your civilopedia after this, let me know.

Mr Gazebo, It has been a very long time. I am very excited to see that you continue to update this mod even now - almost two years after your initial build. I had lost interest in the game about a year ago, but with an expansion out, it had rekindled my interest in civ again.

This was my one essential mod to Civ 5 in the past - and I cannot believe that it will be any different now. I'm about to play a single vanila game again - to see what's been updated - and then your mod will likely enter my playlist again. It actually, just on paper, doesn't appear too much has changed in the mod in the past 12 months. I guess a designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

All the best Mr Gazebo. I'll likely be get in touch once I've given the updated mod a try.

TFR

Mr Gazebo, It has been a very long time. I am very excited to see that you continue to update this mod even now - almost two years after your initial build. I had lost interest in the game about a year ago, but with an expansion out, it had rekindled my interest in civ again.

This was my one essential mod to Civ 5 in the past - and I cannot believe that it will be any different now. I'm about to play a single vanila game again - to see what's been updated - and then your mod will likely enter my playlist again. It actually, just on paper, doesn't appear too much has changed in the mod in the past 12 months. I guess a designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

All the best Mr Gazebo. I'll likely be get in touch once I've given the updated mod a try.

TFR

Welcome back! CSD is still alive and kicking, though, as you said, I really see no need to dramatically modify the mod or add entirely new features for now. Once we have better access to Civ 5's internals I'll be able to make the changes I've been considering for some time. For now, though, CSD adds just enough to be relevant, but not so much that it gets in the way of vanilla gameplay or other mods.

Meanwhile, I will push out a new update in the next few days that allows players to turn gold gifting on and off (for players and the AI). I was hoping to finish it in July, but work got in the way.

Also, no one ever expressed interest in NIGHTS compatibility, so I don't think I will work on that (as it would probably be quite a bit of work). Feel free to shout at me to do it if you really want it.

Take care,
G

Gazebo,

Having exactly same problem. Tried to play by only your mod in the MODS folder but the same problem stays. If it helps royal emissary (unlocked by agriculture) costs only 1:c5production: by my civilopedia and seems to be better than diplomat which it upgrades to...

Every other diplomatic unit costs a reasonable amount of :c5production: by my civilopedia

Edit: Nevermind. I was wrong. Runs perfectly most of the time. In that save though there was that problem.

Having exactly same problem. Tried to play by only your mod in the MODS folder but the same problem stays. If it helps royal emissary (unlocked by agriculture) costs only 1:c5production: by my civilopedia and seems to be better than diplomat which it upgrades to...

Every other diplomatic unit costs a reasonable amount of :c5production: by my civilopedia

Edit: Nevermind. I was wrong. Runs perfectly most of the time. In that save though there was that problem.

Make sure you clear your mod cache whenever you add/remove mods from your mods folder. :)

Also, the Royal Emissary is better than a diplomat, but you can only get them from the Summer Palace wonder.
-G

I have not used this since buying G&K but since Thal updated the Unofficial Patch to work with it would this wonderful mod be able to run without conflict with Thal's patch...?

I have noted this...

.....support for Gods and Kings, Thal's VEM/UP and, lastly, bonuses related to the UN.

So would that include his latest build 34 of the UP....?

I have not used this since buying G&K but since Thal updated the Unofficial Patch to work with it would this wonderful mod be able to run without conflict with Thal's patch...?

I have noted this...

So would that include his latest build 34 of the UP....?

Should work. See mod details on the Steam Workshop for instructions on how to turn UP support on and off (is on by default, as CSD and UP do not modify the same files).
G

...ah excellent, and most appreciated.

Thanks again for your wonderful mod and sharing it with us.

BTW - I think that you are referring to G&K support and not the UP support as that is noted within the steam workshop :)

...ah excellent, and most appreciated.

Thanks again for your wonderful mod and sharing it with us.

BTW - I think that you are referring to G&K support and not the UP support as that is noted within the steam workshop :)

That may be– I have not looked at CSD in a few weeks due to work. Sigh...
I know I keep promising the next version will come out soon - but it will!

Hello Gazebo:

First thank you for making this really really fun mod! I just have an unit model issue here: in some versions, the diplomatic unit showed as spearman instead of the single settler man; while in many other versions, it showed correctly. Do you have any idea on this issue?

Thank you!
xxhe

Hello Gazebo:

First thank you for making this really really fun mod! I just have an unit model issue here: in some versions, the diplomatic unit showed as spearman instead of the single settler man; while in many other versions, it showed correctly. Do you have any idea on this issue?

Thank you!
xxhe

Make sure you clear your mod cache whenever you add/remove mods from your mods folder.

Make sure you clear your mod cache whenever you add/remove mods from your mods folder.

I didn't know this before...Could you tell me how to clear the cache? In Civ4 it's holding the SHIFT, but I don't know what should I do in Civ5:goodjob:

I didn't know this before...Could you tell me how to clear the cache? In Civ4 it's holding the SHIFT, but I don't know what should I do in Civ5:goodjob:

Navigate to documents/my games/civilization 5/cache and delete the files in this folder. It should work after you do this. You will have to re-enable (check) your mods when starting a new game or loading a game. Deleting the cache does not break saved games.

Take care,
G

Gazebo

I'm seeing a solid crash during save loads (both autosave and normal save).

I am using it with a few other mods. Yet another Earth, RED, CIVUP

This is in god and kings, using the CSD version that is on the workshop, other mods are updated.
Tried clearing cache. Logs are not showing me anything interesting.

A tricky part of this, is if I save right at the beginning it will work fine, but if I play for a while and then save it hits the constant crash state.

Gazebo

I'm seeing a solid crash during save loads (both autosave and normal save).

I am using it with a few other mods. Yet another Earth, RED, CIVUP

This is in god and kings, using the CSD version that is on the workshop, other mods are updated.
Tried clearing cache. Logs are not showing me anything interesting.

A tricky part of this, is if I save right at the beginning it will work fine, but if I play for a while and then save it hits the constant crash state.

Yet Another Earth is just a map script, right? Also, does this CTD only start when you add CSD to these three mods? I'll look through CSD today if I get some time and see if I can find anything that might be causing this. My guess is RED (if only because I haven't studied it much, unlike CIVUP). In the meantime, sorry about the CTD- I know mod compatibility can be frustrating.
G

Yet Another Earth is just a map script, right? Also, does this CTD only start when you add CSD to these three mods? I'll look through CSD today if I get some time and see if I can find anything that might be causing this. My guess is RED (if only because I haven't studied it much, unlike CIVUP). In the meantime, sorry about the CTD- I know mod compatibility can be frustrating.
G

I have isolated it down to adding in CSD.

Hmmm red is possible maybe something to do with units and unit formation.

Oh no need to apologize it happens.

Just a quick update: CSD is still alive, I've just been busy with real life (bah!) as of late. I have encountered a few nasty crashes here and there (especially with mods that incorporate revised unit artwork, such as RED) as well as with CSD by itself. Trying to work through these problems before I release the next version.
Cheers,
G

I never had any problem with CSD and R.E.D. in my games, I don't know what could be the issue here. Any other mods combined ?

Top Bottom