Civ 3 Complete On A UHD Monitor

Anytime I try more than 1440, I cannot read the names or any text. I suggest trying something like 19xx by 1028 and increasing, if that works.

I have an HD monitor attached to an adjacent machine, which I use for its own suite of functions, e.g., keeping various investment overnight indices up on its HD screen. I was already planning on moving those investment functions onto the "UHD Machine" as I literally run 6 layers of security there, which paranoia actually began with the burning of the Great Library, now so incomprehensibly many years ago. I'd rather switch my Civ stuff over, rather than confusing myself as to which machine is plugged into which screen, and going through the arguably simple processes of throwing even a couple of switches to get to where I wish to be. (I also do have another HD monitor in storage, but not enough desktop space for it.)

:dunno:

Hmm, well monitors have multiple inputs so you could plug the HD into both computers assuming you don't need to use both at once. It would need to be set as the primary monitor for Civ3 to run on it though.
I keep one running pretty much 24/7 with trading and macroeconomic info.
Hey wait, where's my first comment? Did this thread move? How did I get here?
[pimp] "They" wanted your pixels.

One slightly odd thing you might try. I found after a windows 11 upgrade, I needed to run Conquests.exe with XP compatibility mode enabled to get any of the "Video Mode" resolutions to work at all. I could then switch off XP compatibility mode after that first successful run. I assume it must write something to the registry or something? Very odd.

This sounds like the opposite of your issue though. For me, keepres=1 was fine but I couldn't change the resolution with "Video Mode" until I did that. I do only have an HD monitor though, so that might explain it. Anyway, thought it was worth mentioning.

One slightly odd thing you might try. I found after a windows 11 upgrade, I needed to run Conquests.exe with XP compatibility mode enabled to get any of the "Video Mode" resolutions to work at all. I could then switch off XP compatibility mode after that first successful run. I assume it must write something to the registry or something? Very odd.
"VeryOdd" is my middle name :yup: - I'll give it a shot.
This sounds like the opposite of your issue though. For me, keepres=1 was fine but I couldn't change the resolution with "Video Mode" until I did that. I do only have an HD monitor though, so that might explain it. Anyway, thought it was worth mentioning.
I did try "keepres=1" to no avail, Which does work on my (attached to a different machine) HD monitor.

:thanx:

Top Bottom