CIV 3 Decade Awards: Design competition

I don't suppose we'll have a contest to see who wins the "best design for civ III decade award" award to give to the winner of the poll as well?:lol:

Of course, the one who designs that one too should get an award, and the one who designs his award...ad infinitum:crazyeye:

Maybe we should submit a sort of badge like the ones the moderators have…?

I still insist that people get a bonus user title or a badge like those forum staff get.

What is to stop a person who won a nobel, to win a regional contest as well? (or be named honorary citizen of a society). In other words you just have to choose which of the two will be displayed, and in your case you might be "forced" to keep your mod-badge, instead of a red one of Cthulhu.

Well, it's a nice thought. But I think the general view is that there shouldn't be badges that resemble staff badges but aren't, so it's unlikely that any would be allowed for a competition such as this.

I still insist that people get a bonus user title or a badge like those forum staff get.

I disagree, the number of nominations, and the number of votes is very underwhelming. It is pretty much the nomination makers voting with a few extra. I don't think a badge is worthwhile when there is not sufficient participation taking place from the community as a whole. Even regulars on here missed making a nomination or didn't complete the whole nomination, and it was a month long.

I agree with tom. This is too localized of an event to grant a site-wide bonus that is for now reserved only for staff. Besides being potentially confusing, it adds to the idea that this is some kind of competitive better-than-you accolade rather than a celebration of our accomplishments.
I do think the decade smiley should be added to the official smiley list though, as Kyriakos mentioned.

Top Bottom