Civ 4 Lucky Moments

Infantry#14

Emperor
I feel like starting a new thread sharing civ 4 moments when you are blessed by the RNG.

I'll start w/ a game I played last week: World Map as China (Epic, Emperor)

1) My warrior started north to my settler and I was able to rushed GK by turn 4. (I believe he has a warrior by turn 5/6)
2) I got Buddhism from Toku. Got open borders w/ him and he hadnt mine the copper on turn 75. I rushed 2 galleys w/ 4 chariots. When I landed, he had 2 axeman in capital and he JUST finished building the Temple of Artemis! :goodjob:
3) Have Asoka settled the IndoChina region, cleared the jungles and liberated them (as well as India proper) from him. Meanwhile, I expanded into Siberia.

Had a game where HC on the Alpha continent (I had been dealing with isolation) was going for the culture win while I was in the middle of building a spaceship.

One of his Legendary culture cities was coastal. It was also the closest coastal city to my continent. He thought three or four infantry was sufficient garrison :D

And, just as my invasion fleet was massed and ready to go, what's that I spy? Oh, your entire fleet is now parked in that city? Thank you, HC!

Many, many Incans died that day........

This is from a really old game that I actually posted many years ago...

I was playing as Rome on Emperor level. Popped a hut on turn 2 for Bronze Working and soon thereafter...

Yup. Iron Working as Rome in 3820 BC. And there were 2 Iron deposits fairly close by...

My greatest luck was invading an IMM AI capital with a sole axe and winning at 8.8%. I had much greater luck in HoF, but I actively seeked sought for it! This time, it happened without intent. And that's real luck to me.

Post.

Then, russian nation was destroyed at the hands of two axemen.

Interesting enough, another attempt from someone else made a warrior rush and won... :eek:

This is from a really old game that I actually posted many years ago...

I was playing as Rome on Emperor level. Popped a hut on turn 2 for Bronze Working and soon thereafter...

Yup. Iron Working as Rome in 3820 BC. And there were 2 Iron deposits fairly close by...

Not to mention riverside capital with lots of floodplains just screaming for cottages ! Very lucky start indeed ! ;) + fairly good amount of forests to chop rush too ! No way You can loose now ! :D oh and corn toooooo ! haha wow ;)

Not to mention riverside capital with lots of floodplains just screaming for cottages ! Very lucky start indeed ! ;) + fairly good amount of forests to chop rush too ! No way You can loose now ! :D oh and corn toooooo ! haha wow ;)

That is a good question for emporer players... would you:
A) farm and mine the crap out of Rome, do a fast early REX to about four cities, then just churn out Praets to the despair of everyone on the continent? or...
B) cottage Rome, expand slower, beeline construction, and go on a praetapult rampage?

It kinda depends on the distance to another Civ ;) If they are close then I would choose option A (though Im only seeing one .. possibly 2 hills there ), if they are far away than I would choose option B , either way is a pretty good start ;) (If another Civ is on another continent then obviously cottages ;) )

If you guys want to try it yourselves, the save is in this old post.

It's a Warlords game (BtS hadn't come out yet), Continents map, Emperor level and Epic speed.

The save is from after the Iron working hut was popped.

Old thread post with save

Top Bottom