Civ 5 Art Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like having the silver "CI" and then the golden "V".

Alpha Centauri is not an official part of the Civilization series, and Call to Power was not made by Firaxis.

seen at an angle

perhaps we could add perspective to it

Attachments

• civ5a.png
    civ5a.png
    293 bytes · Views: 428
I like Dark Jedi06's () and embryodead's ().

Here's my submission, incorporating the new hexagons:

Embryo, cut up #3 so its just ciV and you have my vote

Here's mine, 2nd with a more textured V. 3rd is the more used look most people have been doing that copies cIV trend. 4th has swapped colors that the [civ4] sports.

Attachments

• Civ5icon.gif
    Civ5icon.gif
    650 bytes · Views: 398
  • Civ5icon2.gif
    Civ5icon2.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 372
  • Civ5icon3.gif
    Civ5icon3.gif
    242 bytes · Views: 379
  • Civ5icon4.gif
    Civ5icon4.gif
    244 bytes · Views: 364
I made a few new ones...the second and third are the same, just the last one is in JPEG format because it doesn't change the color...if anyone could explain to me why saving an image in GIF format causes it to place a bunch of seemingly random colors on the canvas and/or how to avoid this I'd much appreciate it.

Attachments

• Logo3.JPG
    Logo3.JPG
    882 bytes · Views: 292
  • Logo2.GIF
    Logo2.GIF
    969 bytes · Views: 295
  • Logo.GIF
    Logo.GIF
    938 bytes · Views: 304
Just shrink my avatar.. job done :D

Here's mine, 2nd with a more textured V. 3rd is the more used look most people have been doing that copies cIV trend. 4th has swapped colors that the [civ4] sports.
Civ Fuehrer is close to my design concept shown below. Not very artistic, as I don't have those skills, but see if we can tuck the CI into a large V in a more aesthetically pleasing fashion than what I have below

Notes: This was a Castellar font at 72 size, in 200%, 300% and 400% horizontal stretch to generate the various V's. The 400% stretch is probably too much, the 200% not enough.

Of course, anything with a large "V" has appeal to me! :lol:

dV

Something like this, for a small pic I like it simple:

I think Agrippa's is spot on: it's clean, elegant, and civ-worthy. The colors differentiate the Civ from the V. And the font reminds me of the brush strokes of chinese characters in a copy of the tao te ching I had years ago

Thought I would collect some that I like in one place, and comment ...

Alright, here's my first submission.

And then I thought, you know, the V is so iconic… why not just make it a giant V?
So here's number two.

I think Ancestral's first one may look too much like our current Civ IV icon, but I do like the idea of the Civ V icon having a large and dominant V, as his second idea does.

Something like this, for a small pic I like it simple:
By making the C and I much smaller than the V, I think Agrippa avoids looking too much like the Civ IV icon. But are there other options for the placement of the C and the I? I think having two V's is redundant and a 5 is not classical enough, so those designs are not my favorites.

I like f35acepilot's CIV5. Here's two that are slightly different from each other:
A different version of the lone, large V. Could stand alone, or could have smaller C and I added in some manner.

HEre's mine -
Hmm ... domimant V with a globe instead of C and I ... I like the novelty.

How's this?

The large V in a hex ... how would that look with a small C and I? Maybe one on each side ... see below.

This one caught my eye ... the second v is redundant, but what if the I were moved to the right of the dominant V, to generate CVI? The large "last name" inital in the center is a typical monogram style, and the I could be changed to another identifier for each expansion pack as they come out.

Civ Fuehrer's first two are a template for my CI inside the V idea ... if he removes his redunant small v, and centers his CI in the notch of the broad, large V, what would that look like?

I made a few new ones...the second and third are the same, just the last one is in JPEG format because it doesn't change the color...if anyone could explain to me why saving an image in GIF format causes it to place a bunch of seemingly random colors on the canvas and/or how to avoid this I'd much appreciate it.
How would this look with less horizontal stretch, and a small C and I on each side? (You see my theme here, how can we implement a CVI idea?)

Nice work, everyone! :goodjob:

dV

This looks cool, I look forward to posting an icon.

I played with putting in the C and I...again I've got the jpeg and gif...

Attachments

• Logo4.GIF
    Logo4.GIF
    1,013 bytes · Views: 275
  • Logo5.JPG
    Logo5.JPG
    908 bytes · Views: 271
  • Logo6.GIF
    Logo6.GIF
    977 bytes · Views: 276
I agree with da_vinci, someone make one with CVI in the middle of a hex. The V should be like the one in the Civilization 5 logo.

EDIT: Great work Chimera! I like your first one the most.

Like this?
That's the idea, thanks!

I played with putting in the C and I...again I've got the jpeg and gif...
Hmm ... looks like the CI inside the V may be too small to see easily. On the others, try the C in the SW corner, and maybe the C and I a touch larger?

I agree with da_vinci, someone make one with CVI in the middle of a hex. The V should be like the one in the Civilization 5 logo.
Ahh ... the whole CVI inside a hex, nice thought!

dV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom