Civ 5 brings out the worst in people

This is nothing compared to what people in EVE do :lol:

... Oh boy, wouldn't you all enjoy Crusader Kings II! :mischief:
I'm a bit calmer overall... But sometimes, SOMETIMES! :cringe: Freaking Augustus, stop settling your cities in MY territory!

Yeah sometimes I find myself playing & realize that I just killed an entire dynasty just to prove a point...

I covet Shaka's capitol. So I built a city next to Assyria, gave it to Shaka and took his capitol. Assyria later committed genocide.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Theodora converted one of my cities with her GP. I told her to stop and she said no, muttering something about the one true faith.

I burned her civilization to the ground and renamed Constantinople to Istanbul.

....why am I hearing echos from 1453??? ;)

Theodora converted one of my cities with her GP. I told her to stop and she said no, muttering something about the one true faith.

I burned her civilization to the ground and renamed Constantinople to Istanbul.

I cannot stop laughing hahahhahaa

Hyper-runaway Iroquis were sending threats to me for half of the game for doing some innocent warmongering and buying up all the city states. It wasn't really the fact that they were so dominant but the fact that Hiawatha was telling me how I suck every 5 turns.

I Gunboat diplomacy'd his CS allies. Then I invaded in the Atomic Era and nuked all his cities within Atom Bomb range. I took his capital and he used his only nuke to nuke his former capital.

Then I pillaged his only source of uranium with a paratrooper and mopped up his last cities with fresh reinforcements.

It felt so good.

I've also sometimes declared wars just to stop enemy prophets and missionaries from converting cities.

I was playing with Rome in an Europe map. I was, together with Attila and Catherine, the strongest. I took Marrakech(under protection of Siam and Greece), and that grudge was kept by both. Greece took one of my cities, so I signed a peace treaty and build a new army. I crushed Argos, signed another peace treaty, got frigates and privateers, took Athens, Corinth and Knossos, after that we signed a peace treaty in which I got my city back. He was left with just Sparta

Then Ramkhamhaeng decided to attack me, after which I took all his coastal cities with my navy. He gave me one city and I accepted.

After that Arabia and the Inca's fought each other, the Inca's erased Arabia from the game, but the Inca's only had a few cities left, which I took, and then my eye fell on the two other big guns

I decided to kill Catherine, but Moscow was in the top right corner, and she had an infinite amount of cities in front of Moscow(she took Babylon and China). I asked my loyal friend Attila(yes, we were friends) to help me destroy the Russians. Since the Huns were going for domination and only Cathy, Attila and I had our capitals, they happily agreed. We destroyed the Russians, but Moscow wasn't reached, and I had reached nukes. Then I pulled the nastiest trick I had done in all my civ games. I took 75% of my army to the capital of the Huns, waited till the Huns took Moscow, and I send my nuke to him before he could declare war on me. The capital fell in 2 turns...

I had forgotten one thing, the Inca's still had their capital, and before I knew it they attacked Rome, took it, and guess what? I lost.

I invited Pachacuti into a 1v1 match, and surrounded his capital, and kept producing more units, and when he declared war I kept waiting for his units, no settler allowed to pass through the area. He managed to squeeze one through and took a natural wonder... I now hate the Inca's

I had forgotten one thing, the Inca's still had their capital, and before I knew it they attacked Rome, took it, and guess what? I lost.

I invited Pachacuti into a 1v1 match, and surrounded his capital

Nice story, but how did the Incas win? They didn't have all the capitals, and you still had yours, didn't you?

Oh, I see.

Yeah sometimes I find myself playing & realize that I just killed an entire dynasty just to prove a point...

I have done terrible things. Terrible horrible awful things. Civ has mass killing down to a clean science, but nothing compares to the "look your brother in the eye while you watch him die" things you do in Crusader Kings II.

In a game that has nuclear weapons, why aren't there biological and chemical weapons as well???

I've also sometimes declared wars just to stop enemy prophets and missionaries from converting cities.

Me too. I hate that they can stroll into your territory. I'd like to have the inquisitor actually shoot them in the face and post it on civbook.

I nuked Sweden in the last turn of a game because he wouldn't be my friend and declared war on me. Apparently, my warmongering of Austria and the Celts didn't sit well with him. Turned out Polish troops got caught in the blast so I ended up at war with them too. Too bad for them I won the game...

on one of my very first games Dido backstabbed me whilst i was at war already and quickly took my cities causing me to lose the game. now every time i see dido in game i go out of my way to destroy her, her cities, and any civs that she allied with. once i just constantly nuked her for no reason. well after she had enough.
god i hate dido, i hate dido so much.

Top Bottom