Civ 5 brings out the worst in people

Egyptian settler walked about 30 tiles away from their capital to and settled their second city in a place I plan to create my second city, few tiles away from my capital.

They never see the light of Classical Era.

Gajah Mada robbed me a technology. I asked to not do it again. He did it again. I forgave me. Did it again. I publy denonced him. Did it again.

I looked at it's army, looked at mine, crushed Ahmad al-Mansur.

"Pleaaaase, do not steal my technologies. This is really bad."

Washington took an ancient ruin that I was right next to, so I cleansed his cities with atomic fire.

Worst thing about AI popping a ruin right next to U is that unless it is the unit upgrade, U never know what they got......and the thought that they might have nailed some 3rd tier tech early on....just.....makes.....me....think.....bad....things. I have wrought terrible vengeance upon civs without ever knowing what they popped from that ruin. Only at the end of all the carnage do I pause and ponder, perhaps it was just "35 gold" or a "map of useful oceanic territory".

Worst thing about AI popping a ruin right next to U is that unless it is the unit upgrade, U never know what they got......and the thought that they might have nailed some 3rd tier tech early on....just.....makes.....me....think.....bad....things. I have wrought terrible vengeance upon civs without ever knowing what they popped from that ruin. Only at the end of all the carnage do I pause and ponder, perhaps it was just "35 gold" or a "map of useful oceanic territory".

...or even more useful...a map of the area you have already fully explored....

...I suppose my favourite is a map which suddenly shows the Great Barrier Reef and I'm playing as Spain.... this just happened in my next to last game when I was exploring at about Turn 3 with my settler... 1000G plus a fairly closeby place to drop my first city.... That game is now on-hold....it just got too easy.....;)

...or even more useful...a map of the area you have already fully explored....

...I suppose my favourite is a map which suddenly shows the Great Barrier Reef and I'm playing as Spain.... this just happened in my next to last game when I was exploring at about Turn 3 with my settler... 1000G plus a fairly closeby place to drop my first city.... That game is now on-hold....it just got too easy.....;)

Whoa... exploring with settler for 3 turns.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Oda Nobunaga asked for me to spare some of my luxury resources. He lasted for the next 20 turns.

Autocratic William denounced me for not betraying Freedom Hiawatha. So I beseiged his second city, pillaged his tiles, and captured the city. Then I bargained for a Dutch settlement in the peace deal, and gave it to Assyria, who promptly burned it to the ground.

Mayans. freaking mayans. I had the perfect game, then I see at least 4-6 missionaries, and a great prophet headed to my cities, I have 600ish faith and get an inquis for my capital obviously. they convert a city, I ask them not to do such things, they say they will continue to do such things. and they do, over and over and over. I was too busy to care trying to push into when I like to attack(late mid game), but when that came, I left them with 1 city, and surrounded their city with missionaries

Whoa... exploring with settler for 3 turns.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Search for "Spanish Gamble" on reddit. They use settlers for exploring for 15 turns. And wins. ;)

As for bad things I did...

In my current game as Spain, I started on the east end of a continent. I was exploring for natural wonders and have found the Great Barrier Reef, but it was on the west side, with Poland in between. Nonetheless I've still settled there, and Casimir was not happy and asked me to stop settling close to him. I greedily refused.

Very soon after I've found we're the only ones on the continent. The continent was big enough for each of us to build 5 to 6 cities and co-rule together. But hey...why not rule the whole continent all by myself? Besides, Barcelona is not feeling safe so deep behind another civ's lines. So I started to spam chariot archers and teched for catapults. DOW time.

I destroyed Poland with ancient blitzkrieg, and with ancient tanks i.e. chariot archers. This is my first time actually using them and they're AMAZING. Poor Poland never had the chance to resist. I wiped them off the Earth in like 2000 BC. However, the animation of he declaring lost to me made me realize how bad a man I was.

Anyway I feel so happy ruling a whole continent and have a world dominating religion. Time is not always peaceful though. I've DOW'ed on Attila twice, once for spotting a great prophet of his somewhere in the ocean and a bunch of missionaries on another side of the ocean, so I decided to destroy them all to prevent their religion from spreading. Another time for seeing him settling on MY continent. I DOW'ed on Siam too because I saw he sent a settler onto MY continent. In order to distract him I bribed first Attila later Mongolian to attack Siam. I think I may one day attack him personally because he's the hardest cultural nut to crack in my CV strategy. No one touches MY continent, MY religion, or MY victory.

Better to sell the resource then just give it away.

Um, yeah, but... he just asked. It's not like there's any adverse diplomatic impact from just saying 'no' and forgetting about it. I'll bet the Salvation Army volunteers with their little ringie-bells all duck for cover when they see you coming...

On about Turn 20 i declare war on a nearby Civ. I steal his worker and head back to my Capital. On about Turn 30 the Civ wants Peace Traety.

Um, yeah, but... he just asked. It's not like there's any adverse diplomatic impact from just saying 'no' and forgetting about it. I'll bet the Salvation Army volunteers with their little ringie-bells all duck for cover when they see you coming...

LOL! Nuking the Sally Army - now surely that's got to give a big Diplo hit...

Shaka, my closest neighbor, met me for the first time.
Never did he see the Renaissance Era.

Top Bottom