Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

So three options for the Merkava: Tank, Modern Armour, or Mechanized Infantry.

Tank: early enough to be of use, but not historically accurate and would feel odd.
Modern Armor: Historically accurate fit, but of little use to the player, especially now that Modern Armor upgrades into GDRs.
Mechanized Infantry: Not a tank per se, but definetly fits the Merkava's survivability.

So, Merkava ideas as a replacement for Mech Inf:

1. Can move after attacking (perhaps also starting with Blitz).
2. Starts with Survivalism I and II (possibly Cover as well)
3. Starts with March.
4. Combat bonus while within your borders (maybe Medic I as well).

I think an early Religious themed unit will suit Israel well.
Early unit ideas for Israel (name of unit dosen't matter at this point). Ideas taken from early posts as well as from my head:

1. Converts cities to your religion after conquest. Or has the missionary/inquistor ability. Best replaces a Classical Era unit (to make sure you have a religion)
2. Combat bonus equal to number of cities with your religion OR equal to the number of followers of your religion. Best replaces a Classical Era unit (to make sure you have a religion)
3. Great Prophet replacement that acts as a great general. +10% combat strength to adjacent units, Terror for adjacent enemy units. Perhaps an ability to 'bombard'? One bombardment equals one use of the Prophet's abilities. Could be a rather powerful attack.
4. A unit that recieves a combat bonus near cities with your religion.

My original UA idea gave you line of sight in cities with 3+ followers. However, to give Israel a 'Mossad' niche, how about this:

Your religion spreads 50% farther and 25% slower. Your spies are 25% more effective in cities with 3+ followers.

Good combination of Religion and Spying if I do say so myself :D

I like your ideas.
Mossad definitely worth mentioning. Which could be part of Diaspora UA or something like that. (Spy efficiency increased in same-religion cities)
And Religion/Spy/Economic combo is good.
Synagogue could be also replacement for temple which provides extra cash % (like one of Piety SPs)

I suggested Modern Israel.

I haven't an idea for the UA:

Modern Israel:
leader: David Ben Gurion or Yitzhak Rabin
UU1: Merkava. Replaces Tank. 400 pruduction, 75 strength, 5 movement, 3 golt maintenance. Promotions: Can Move After Attacking, 20% Bonus vs Armored Units.
UU2: Palmach Warriors. Replaces Great War Infantry. 350 production. 53 strength, 2 movement. Promotions: 50% vs Gunpowder Units.

I'd love to see a Portugal civilisation for this game!

Leader: Joao II.
UU: Ginete (replaces knight). Lower attack strength (18) but able to fire javelins from two tiles away. Weak to pikemen.
UU: Carrack (replaces caravel.) Can move two extra tiles per turn and has higher attack strength.
UA: Portuguese Traders: Any luxury resource connected on a different continent to your capital that is not connected on home continent grants double happiness bonus. +10% bonus to ship production.

I like your ideas.
Mossad definitely worth mentioning. Which could be part of Diaspora UA or something like that. (Spy efficiency increased in same-religion cities)
And Religion/Spy/Economic combo is good.
Synagogue could be also replacement for temple which provides extra cash % (like one of Piety SPs)

Thanks:). Perhaps early UB and late UU? Synagogue ideas:king:

1. +10% gold in city. -OR- +1:c5gold: per follower of your religion in this city.
2. +1:c5science: per follower of your religion in this city.
3. Tiles that have a :c5gold: yield of 3 or more produce 1 :c5faith:.
4. +1 :c5gold: -OR- :c5science: per :c5faith: produced in this city.

When I was looking up UB ideas for Poland I came across Fortress Synagogues. Perhaps a fortress UI that produces :c5faith: and later (modern era) produces :c5food: ala turning into a Kibbutz?

Fortress Synagogue and Kibbutz: Available at Construction. +25% defense on tile. +1 :c5faith:. +1 :c5food: on desert tiles. +1 :c5food: and +1:c5production: upon discovering Plastics.

Desert Mined Hill tile after Plastics = +25% defense, 5 :c5production:, 1 :c5food:, and 1 :c5faith:. Add in Petra and Desert Folklore and you got yourself a cool UI. ;)

After playin around with everything, I think this is my Israel civ of choice. Funny, it went from Ancient/Medieval Israel to Medieval/Modern Israel. Oh well:

Civ: Israel
Leader: Solomon (though i'm open to just about any leader)
UA. Dispora: Religion spreads 50% farther and 25% slower. In cities with 3+ follower of your religion, your spies are 25% more effective and you gain line of sight.
UU: Merkava. Replaces Mech Inf. Begins with Survivalism I and II. +15% combat bonus while within empire's border. Additional combat bonus of +15% if on or adjacent to Fortress Synagogue/Kibbutz.
UI: Fortress Synagogue/Kibbutz. Available at Construction. +25% defense on tile. +1 :c5faith:. +1 :c5food: on desert tiles. +1 :c5food: and +1:c5production: upon discovering Plastics.

What do you guys think?

1. +10% gold in city. -OR- +1:c5gold: per follower of your religion in this city.

When I was looking up UB ideas for Poland I came across Fortress Synagogues. Perhaps a fortress UI that produces :c5faith: and later (modern era) produces :c5food: ala turning into a Kibbutz?

Fortress Synagogue and Kibbutz: Available at Construction. +25% defense on tile. +1 :c5faith:. +1 :c5food: on desert tiles. +1 :c5food: and +1:c5production: upon discovering Plastics.

After playin around with everything, I think this is my Israel civ of choice. Funny, it went from Ancient/Medieval Israel to Medieval/Modern Israel. Oh well:

UA. Dispora: Religion spreads 50% farther and 25% slower. In cities with 3+ follower of your religion, your spies are 25% more effective and you gain line of sight.
UU: Merkava. Replaces Mech Inf. Begins with Survivalism I and II. +15% combat bonus while within empire's border. Additional combat bonus of +15% if on or adjacent to Fortress Synagogue/Kibbutz.
UI: Fortress Synagogue/Kibbutz. Available at Construction. +25% defense on tile. +1 :c5faith:. +1 :c5food: on desert tiles. +1 :c5food: and +1:c5production: upon discovering Plastics.

What do you guys think?

I like this one for Synagogue

i like UA, you could also make UA "Zionism" not Diaspora
Religion spreads 50% farther and 25% slower. In cities with 3+ follower of your religion, your spies are 25% more effective. +1 faith per 2 religion followers in foreign cities.

About UU you could use Maccabiah, Palmah or Merkava.
I like more idea of Maccabiah - Spearman unit that have no terrain penalty movement cost, less effective vs mounted and have +10% attack vs cities (really fits history)

Desert Mined Hill tile after Plastics = +25% defense, 5 :c5production:, 1 :c5food:, and 1 :c5faith:. Add in Petra and Desert Folklore and you got yourself a cool UI. ;)

What do you guys think?

Merkava is a tank. The replacement of mech inf. is not good.
Solomon isn't suitable to the time of Merkava and Kibbutz.

My suggestions to Israel:
UU1: Merkava. Replaces Tank. 400 pruduction, 75 strength, 5 movement, 3 golt maintenance. Promotions: Can Move After Attacking, 20% Bonus vs Armored Units.
UU2: Palmah Warriors. Replaces Great War Infantry. 350 production. 53 strength, 2 movement. Promotions: 50% vs Gunpowder Units.
I haven't an idea for the UA.

Another civ is Khazars (Khazar Khaganate)
It was really big, there many stories and legends, and leftovers on the planet Earth, many plased named after Khazars, there is books written, and it was very interesting civilisation, and this civ addopted many different religions during its existence
Dunno what UA would be but something may be connected to multiplicities of religion in city? Civ that benefits from religion well when does not found it (lets say have effects of founder belief of religion which is major within empire?) + something more + extra own belief they can pick if more than 90% of their pop converted to some religion, must be at least 3 religions

Muslim sources report that the Khazar supreme court consisted of two Jews, two Christians, two Muslims, and a "heathen" (whether this is a Turkic shaman or a priest of Hungarian or Slavic or Norse religion is unclear), and a citizen had the right to be judged according to the laws of his religion.

There are a few problems I see with having modern Israel as a civ:
1) Modern Israel is only about 60 years (120 if you count the Zionist movement), and if you focus only on that, then your leaving out about 3000+ years of its history; and regarding this, ultimately what ever UU you give them will come too late in the game to be useful or fun (at least IMO).

2) Modern Israel is very, very controversial, and will bring attention that no game or company would ever want, even if it's just in the game as DLC.

I like this one for Synagogue

i like UA, you could also make UA "Zionism" not Diaspora
Religion spreads 50% farther and 25% slower. In cities with 3+ follower of your religion, your spies are 25% more effective. +1 faith per 2 religion followers in foreign cities

To be honest, I don't believe that the UA should be called either: Zionism because of the negativity that it's associated with (or was), and Diaspora because it is a negative aspect of the Israeli/Hebrew civilization.

It just seems like it would be in poor taste to use either of them as the UA (Diaspora possible more so then Zionism, and I apologize if I sound condescending at all, I don't mean to and am just trying to offer some good feedback to these ideas.)

I came up with this UA sometime before G&K and posted it in this thread:

:c5culture: Social Policy trees unlock an era earlier. Receive a free :c5goldenage: Golden Age whenever a :c5culture: Social Policy tree is finished.

Now after G&K is out, I've expanded the idea...

:c5culture: Social Policy trees unlock an era earlier. Receive a free :c5greatperson: Great Person whenever a :c5culture: Social Policy tree is finished. The received :c5greatperson: Great Person is dependent on the finished :c5culture: Social Policy tree.

Tradition - Great Artist
Liberty - ? (Not sure, the finisher already gives a free GP and another would make the tree even more OP)
Honor - ? (One policy already gives a free great general?)
Piety - Great Prophet
Patronage - Great Merchant
Commerce - Great Merchant (policy already gives an admiral)
Rationalism - Great Scientist
Freedom - Great Artist
Autocracy - ? (You probably already have a great general late-game)
Order - Great Engineer

Randomly stumbling across a programme on the Cherokee and there amazing aptitude for assimilation I came up with this idea for a UA:

Gain a tech bonus when trading with another civilisation (something similar to Korea's wonder bonus and interfaith dialogue, not sure on the numbers to keep it balanced and probably shouldn't be activated until a certain tech to prevent mad slingshots through the early cheap techs) and techs researched by neighbouring civs (or DoF civs?) are 33% cheaper beaker-wise.

or another idea I had was "can build the UB/UU of civs with a DoF" though may be too OP!

What you guys think?
And anybody got ideas for UUs/UB??

(EDIT: just noticed my amazing aptitude for alliteration :crazyeye:

There are a few problems I see with having modern Israel as a civ:
1) Modern Israel is only about 60 years (120 if you count the Zionist movement), and if you focus only on that, then your leaving out about 3000+ years of its history; and regarding this, ultimately what ever UU you give them will come too late in the game to be useful or fun (at least IMO).

2) Modern Israel is very, very controversial, and will bring attention that no game or company would ever want, even if it's just in the game as DLC.

To be honest, I don't believe that the UA should be called either: Zionism because of the negativity that it's associated with (or was), and Diaspora because it is a negative aspect of the Israeli/Hebrew civilization.

It just seems like it would be in poor taste to use either of them as the UA (Diaspora possible more so then Zionism, and I apologize if I sound condescending at all, I don't mean to and am just trying to offer some good feedback to these ideas.)

I don't think you are condesending at all. :) Honestly, I was initially staying away from modern Israel (see my original post two pages ago) and tried to focus more on ancient to medieval Israel. I think my original intentions for Dispora was just to do something different than 'Promised Land' and other biblical UAs (I'm not anti-religion or anything, I just wanted to steer away from the obvious choices). However, once the ball started rolling and it became apparent that I could include a lot of Modern Israel into my orginal idea, I just couldn't resist.

I've seen many many Israel ideas in this forum and their mention always winds down to posts stating 'inappropriate', 'controversial', 'not a snowballs chance in hell'. I agree, but man do I have fun thinking up Uniques for Israel.:p

@orikos
I understand completely. Yes the Merkava is a Tank, but I would argue its use is far different than that of their other contemporaries. Its design places suvivability as top priority. It has more storage space in the rear to act as a command station, a medic bay, troop transport, or what have you. Mech Inf would simply fit the role better, but as you said it is not Mech Inf.

20% combat bonus to Armored Units is not a good bonus. It is not a tank killer, its a tank survivor. I would suggest a Tank replacement with a defense bonus and Medic I.

Forgive me if something almost like this has already been suggested; I've mainly read the summary post at the start and not all of the ~75 pages worth of posts.

Well the thought occurred to me that while Manifest Destiny is an overall good UA for the Americans (and any President from Thomas Jefferson on) something a bit more interesting could be done to represent the UA of George Washington:
A New Cincinnatus: In addition to constructing a citadel Great Generals can be consumed to construct a Retreat on a preexisting Plantation, Pasture, or Farm working Wheat replacing them. A Retreat provides double [triple with the Freedom Social Policy tree finisher] the bonus from the Improvement it replaces (it increases the bonus from technology double[triple] with the base Improvement) and also provides {+2 :c5culture:, or +1 :c5culture: and +1 :c5gold:, or +1 :c5happy:}.

Can anyone else think a Civ that this UA would be good for under a different name; maybe couple with a second part that gave a bonus under certain conditions like fighting a war declared on you, or by you; liberating a city state, or razing a city state for a large boost to getting a great general. A similar effect and concept as the Cherokee White Peace Chief.

Huh, a Civ that goes around razing CS so its Great Generals can retire as farmers or ranchers.

Another orphaned UA involving a great person building a new type of improvement that popped into my head: it's a bit of a rehash of something that's been in a previous Civ game but having Great Merchants being able setup some sort of resource colony. It could set-up culture border in a radius of 1 (but does not push back another boarder), doesn't increase social policy cost, gives a small bonus to defense but can't defend it self from being pillaged, effectively has a harbor when built on coast, gives access to a worked (or built on) luxury or strategic resources in it's radius, and a worked (or built on) bonus resource will give part of its bonus to the Capital.

Or just a UA that lets Great Persons setup a new CS.

I wrote these ideas about Brazil for the 2k games forums; actually some of them are just improvements of old ideas, but I'm sharing them so we could consider updating our current suggestion (at least the Pará Destroyers UU, which are Scottish after all).

First Combination:

UA: Pragmatic Equidistance. Each city produces a small amount of :c5gold: Gold, :c5science: Science or :c5culture: Culture per turn for every ongoing Declaration of Friendship, Research Agreement or Mutual Open Borders, respectively. +15 :c5influence: Influence resting points with neighboring City-States.

UU: A-29/Super Tucano. Fighter replacer. Cost: 375 :c5production: (same); Ranged Combat: 50 :c5strength: (up from 45); Range: 8 (same)
An aircraft that specializes in air support against ground targets, especially those in rough terrain. In addition to the Fighter’s standard abilities, it starts with Bombardment I (+33% :c5strength: Combat against Land Units) and the first two Barrage promotions (+30% :c5strength: Combat against Units in Rough Terrain). However, it’s weaker against other aircraft, since it gets reduced Bonus vs Bombers/Helicopters (75%, down from 150%).

UI: Biofuel Plant: Unlocked with Biology. Improves Wheat, Bananas, Sugar and Citrus.
Yields +1 :c5production: Production; additionally, each food yielded by the resource and terrain is replaced by +1 :c5production: Production and +1 Oil; +4 :c5gold: Gold after Ecology is researched;

Strategy: The UA clearly benefits from Wide Empires and gives Brazil a solid advantage towards Diplomatic Victories. The UI initially gives a Production boost and some Oil; later, when you’re in the way to unlock the United Nations, it also gives a significant Gold bonus, which will be extremely useful in gaining influence with City-States. Since the UU requires Oil, it benefits directly from the UI, and as a late game unit it could be useful in liberating City-States and conquered Civilizations, also helping in achieving victory.

Notes: The UA should be initially strong, getting relatively weaker as the game progress. The Super Tucano UU comes as late as the USA’s B17 and Japan’s Zero, but the Biofuel Plant comes too late if compared to others UIs and UBs. I don’t think there’s something intrinsically wrong with this, as long it’s balanced. If it seems overpowered, mind that the Gold bonus activates only after Ecology is researched, and think of a river, a vast flood plain and lots of Polders on it.

Spoiler Reasons :

Wikipedia itself gives an idea why the Super Tucano could be a nice UU. The thing really has a “Barrage” promotion in real life, so it is used extensively by Brazil to protect the Amazon and is also sold for a lot of tropical countries. Brazil is pioneer in Biofuels and alternative energy, and it’s an everyday thing, so the proposed UI is a nice option.

But why should Brazil have a Diplomatic Advantage? Here are some reasons:
  • It shares its border with 10 of the other 12 South American countries, but most of its borders were defined through peaceful negotiation. It has always been a regional power; Imperial Brazil would systematically intervene in Plata’s Basin politics to assure its hegemony, while Republican Brazil generally seeks cooperation and integration with its neighbors.
  • In the international scenario, Brazil has been elected more times to the Security Council than any other U.N. member State (tied with Japan). It seeks to be a permanent member of the Council, and such claim is supported by several countries. In the U.N., it has participated actively and even leaded some Peacekeeping Operations.
  • Brazil has a long and somewhat consistent diplomatic tradition, avoiding an automatic alignment and privileged relationship with a Global Power, always keeping a “pragmatic equidistance” from which the converging interests of rival powers should be (and were) exploited, while potential international partners shouldn’t be excepted due to ideological differences.
  • The country had several “great diplomats”, such as Baron of Rio Branco, patron of the Brazilian Diplomacy and Rui Barbosa, prominent figure in the Hague Convention of 1907. No Nobel Prizes yet, but if you ask me, Sergio de Mello was on the right way.

Second Combination (Improving some previous ideas of yours):

UA: During “We love the King days”, cities produce +1 :c5gold: Gold, +1 :c5production: Production and +2 :c5culture: Culture for every 3 of its Citizens. Tiles with a resource on it cost 2/3 less :c5culture: culture and :c5gold: gold.

UU: Bandeira. Musketman replacer. Same attributes and costs.
An armed expedition specialized in moving through jungles and forests, capturing natives and securing valuable resources. Starts with the Woodsman promotion (Double movement rate through Forest and Jungle), gains +15% :c5strength: Combat when fighting within 2 tiles of a Luxury Resource and converts barbarians into workers if they’re defeated inside an encampment.

UB: Sambodrome. Theatre replacer. Costs no maintenance. +3 :c5happy: Happiness, +2 :c5culture: Culture. +3 :c5gold: Gold after flight is researched.

Strategy: The UA benefits from Tall Empires, as long you’re able to fuel it with the demanded resources. Chances are that you’d have to expand, so the UU comes in handy; if you’re expanding through war, it gets a significant combat bonus; if you’re expanding peacefully, it could escort your settlers to remote locations where barbarians still wander around, defending the civilians while getting some free workers for the recently founded cities.
If you’re able to stay as a small empire, peacefully trading the resources you need and allying with CSs, the UB is a small push toward Cultural and Diplomatic Victories. If you did expand too aggressively, you’ll have to see what is easier to pursuit. A daring option would be to try to control at least one source of each available resource in the map, which would cause your cities to enter in a perpetual WLtKD. That wouldn’t be an easy thing to do, though.

Spoiler Reasons :

The Sambodrome is basically the Carnival as a UB, and the Carnival is arguably the most recognizable element of the Brazilian culture. About the Bandeirantes, they're responsible for expanding and exploring Brazil's territory, discovering gold, suppressing rebellions and today they're sort of national heroes. The nice thing about the UA (I can’t think in a good name for it) is that while it represents Brazil as a civilization essentially driven by natural resources, that doesn’t happen without demographic, economic and cultural outcomes, just like the cycles (Sugar, Gold, Rubber, Coffee etc.) Brazil went through in its History. And I think it’d be a nice and different civ to play with, that’s important.

Alternative Uniques:

UU: Dragoons of Independence. Lancer or Calvary replacer. Same attributes and costs.
Good at defending national territory and attacking nearby enemies. If properly maneuvered, it could be deadly against invading enemies, as it starts with Nationalism (+15% :c5strength: Combat in friendly territory; does not stack with the Nationalism policy) and ‘Border Struggle’ (+25% :c5strength: Combat when attacking across national borders; +2 :c5moves: Movements when crossing it for the first time in a turn).

UU: Pracinha. Infantry Replacer. Cost: 320 :c5production: (down from 375); Combat: 60 :c5strength: (down from 70); Movement: 2 :c5moves: (same).
A cheap and initially weak infantry whose strength is greatly improved the longer it stays in enemy territory. Starts with Survivalism I (+5 HP healed per turn outside of friendly territory and +25% Defense), and for every turn inside enemy territory it gains +1 :c5strength: Combat, up to +25 :c5strength: . Bonus resets after 10 turns outside of enemy territory.

UB: Sambodrome. Opera House replacer. Maintenance: 2 Gold. +4 Culture. +1 Happiness. +1 Culture for every 2 Citizens during “We Love the King” celebrations.

UB: Soccer Stadium. Stadium replacer. Maintenance: 2 Gold. Doesn’t require previous Happiness buildings to be built. +4 Happiness. +1 Gold for every 2 Citizens. (Meh)

UI: Biofuel Plant. Unlocked with Biology. Improves Wheat, Bananas, Sugar and Citrus.
Yields +1 Production; additionally, each food yielded by the resource and terrain is replaced by +1 Production and +1 Oil. Each Biofuel Plant built reduces the cost of researching the Ecology Technology by 20%. Ecology is unlocked prematurely when 5 Plants are built. (Too weird)

Alternative UA components:
  • Starts with the Monarchy policy, which also gives +1 Culture in the Capital. This additional bonus is lost when you adopt Republic, which has its effects doubled.
  • Adopting mutually exclusive policies branches doesn’t invalidate their effects.
  • Reduced diplomatic penalties from religious, ideological and diplomatic alignment.

I think there's a strong consensus on biofuel for Brazil.

I have to hand it to you, you have given a very impressive amount of thought and detail in your ideas, certainly more than myself.

I like your first combination the most, especially the Biofuel Plant and its abilities. Seriously, well done.

Hey, thank you!

I prefer the 1st combination as well. Civ V is already too dangerous in the earlier eras, with all those Jaguar Warriors, Slingers, Maoris etc. And some people (perhaps I'm speaking only for myself) is unable to neglect/postpone infrastructure and build an army instead; in these cases, all those Ancient/Classical UUs are rarely used systematically. That's why I like to play with America, or even with civs whose UUs unlock in the Renaissance or later, such as the Ottomans and the Dutch.

The Biofuel Plant would be perfect with a Corn resource. Bananas and Citrus are rather far-fetched.

Tweaked Israel ideas.

Ancient - A bit gamey, but fun. ;) Places emphasis on Great Prophets.
Leader: Moses (a stretch)
UA: Promised Land - Lose 50% :c5faith: when you produce a Great Prophet (instead of 100%) prior to the Industrial Age.
UU: Ark of the Covenant (based off of Nyanko's idea) - Great Prophet replacement. Begins with Terror (-10% combat rating to adjacent enemy units). New Religious action (4 total uses): All adjacent enemy units take a 15:c5rangedstrength: attack. Recieve faith from defeated units adjacent to the Ark.
UU2: Canaanite Warrior - Replaces Spearman. Strength 11. Move 2. +2% strength for each follower of your religion within your capital (max 30%).

Classical / Medieval - Faith Based
Leader: David
UA: Dispora: Religion spread 50% farther and 25% slower. You have line of sight in cities with 3+ followers of your religion.
UB: Synagogue: Replaces Temple. Recieve +1:c5faith: on tiles that yield 3+:c5gold:.
UU: Maccabee (Sophocles' idea): Replaces Swordman. Has 16 rather then 14 and cities captured by a Maccabee convert to that player's region, if they have one.

Modern - Faith, Spying, and Turtle Uniques
Leader: David Ben-Gurion
UA: Mossad: In cities with 3+ followers of your religion, your spies are 25% more effective and you gain line of sight .
UU: Merkava - Replaces Tank. Begins with Survivalism I and Medic I. +15% combat bonus when on or adjacent to Kibbutz.
UI: Kibbutz. Replaces Fort. Available at Construction. +25% defense on tile. +1 :c5faith:. +1 :c5food: on desert tiles. +1 :c5food: and +1 :c5production: upon discovering Plastics.

Medieval / Modern - Mixed Batch
UA. Zionism: Religion spreads 50% farther and 25% slower. In cities with 3+ follower of your religion, your spies are 25% more effective and you gain line of sight.
UU: Merkava. Replaces Tank. Begins with Survivalism I and Medic I. Additional combat bonus of +15% if on or adjacent to Kibbutz.
UI: Kibbutz. Replaces Fort. Available at Construction. +25% defense on tile. +1 :c5faith:. +1 :c5food: on desert tiles. +1 :c5food: and +1 :c5production: upon discovering Plastics.

Tweaked Israel ideas.

UA: Promised Land - Lose 50% :c5faith: when you produce a Great Prophet (instead of 100%) prior to the Industrial Age.
UU: Ark of the Covenant (based off of Nyanko's idea) - Great Prophet replacement. Begins with Terror (-10% combat rating to adjacent enemy units). New Religious action (4 total uses): All adjacent enemy units take a 15:c5rangedstrength: attack. Recieve faith from defeated units adjacent to the Ark.
UU2: Canaanite Warrior - Replaces Spearman. Strength 11. Move 2. +2% strength for each follower of your religion within your capital (max 30%).

UA: Dispora: Religion spread 50% farther and 25% slower. You have line of sight in cities with 3+ followers of your religion.
UB: Synagogue: Replaces Temple. Recieve +1:c5faith: on tiles that yield 3+:c5gold:.
UU: Maccabee (Sophocles' idea): Replaces Swordman. Has 16 rather then 14 and cities captured by a Maccabee convert to that player's region, if they have one.

You could mix and match these ideas for funs.
The Arc of the Covenant idea came from reading a tale about how the ancient israelites carried their arc into battle, before it was captured by the Philistines. The arc served a purpose similar to the great generals of CiV leading and inspiring their armies, and according to legend, smiting its foes with pestelence and such. Maybe add a line, 'Will deal 50 damage to any unit that destroys the Arc', to represent the plauges that befell the Philistines after its capture (according to the tales). But to be fair, i think it would be a better Great General replacement than a Great Prophet replacement, since Prophets are a big part of ancient Judaism.

As to the Brazil idea; I like the Biofuel plant improvement. They should go with it.

I have been meaning to post this up last week but managed to forget, and I did some tweaking to the UA to make it better - my Portugal idea;

Portugal - João II
Age of Discovery - Scouts gain 1 :c5moves: Movement and Naval units gain 1 Line of Sight. Double :c5gold: Gold from discovering City-States.
---
Possible Unique Elements

Carrack, replacing the Caravel; 3-4 mased ship, large and provided lots of room. Used by the Portuguese and Spanish for exploration. Very likely.
- +1 Movement
x Consider ability to carry units

Stats;
135 :c5production: Production
(120 + 15)
20 :c5strength: Combat Strength
5 :c5moves: Movement
(4 + 1)
-Promotions and Bonuses-
Extra Sight 1
(+1 with UA)
Withdraw before Melee
Can Carry 1 Scout
-
Cassador, replacing the Musketman; Light infantry with strong attack but little defence. Possible.
- +4 Strength
- Defence Penalty

Stats;
150 :c5production: Production or 300 :c5faith: Faith
28 :c5strength: Combat Strength
(24 + 4)
2 :c5moves: Movement
-Promotions and Bonuses-
-1/3 Strength when Defending
-
Ribauldequin, replacing the Cannon; Organ gun cannon, used to break infantry and cavalry lines. Range for the cannon was lesser than most.
- Bonus against Mounted and Gunpowder units
- -1 Range

Stats;
185 :c5production: Production or 370 :c5faith: Faith
14 :c5strength: Combat Strength
20 :c5rangedstrength: Ranged Strength
1 Range
(2 - 1)
2 :c5moves: Movement
-Promotions and Bonuses-
May Not Melee Attack
+200% Strength vs Cities
No Defensive Terrain Bonus
Must Set Up to Ranged Attack
NO Limited Visibility
(This penalty is removed due to the Ribauldequin's small range)
'Organ Gun' (+1/3 Strength vs Mounted and Gunpowder units)

How is everything here? Especially the double gold bonus and the Ribauldequin unit with its balancing act of bonuses and penalties.

Tweaked Israel ideas.

Modern - Faith, Spying, and Turtle Uniques
UA: Mossad: In cities with 3+ followers of your religion, your spies are 25% more effective and you gain line of sight .
UU: Merkava - Replaces Tank. Begins with Survivalism I and Medic I. +15% combat bonus when on or adjacent to Kibbutz.

Medieval / Modern - Mixed Batch
UA. Zionism: Religion spreads 50% farther and 25% slower. In cities with 3+ follower of your religion, your spies are 25% more effective and you gain line of sight.
UU: Merkava. Replaces Tank. Begins with Survivalism I and Medic I. Additional combat bonus of +15% if on or adjacent to Kibbutz.

I like Zionism/Synagogue/Maccabee mix...

Top Bottom