CIV Gold (revived!)

Sounds good!
I'm using a slightly modified version of civ gold in nearly all my games. The biggest problem I have with it is that in platy builder you can change the yields of a plot but that doesn't get saved if I save the map. It works in a normal save game file but for me that gets worthless in multiplayer since you can't access the platy builder in multiplayer..

Sounds good!
I'm using a slightly modified version of civ gold in nearly all my games. The biggest problem I have with it is that in platy builder you can change the yields of a plot but that doesn't get saved if I save the map. It works in a normal save game file but for me that gets worthless in multiplayer since you can't access the platy builder in multiplayer..
You could create a custom terrain. For example lets say you want the one of the grassland plots next to Washington produce 1 extra :food: and :commerce:.
All you have to do is go to Assets/XML/Terrain/CIV4TerrainInfos.xml, copy the entry for grassland and paste it below, then all you have to do is maybe rename it to Grassland 2 so you don't get confused when placing it and change the <YieldInfos> to 1 extra food and money.
P.S. I haven't added Platy Builder next because it will interfere with a lot of the python files and will require a lot of merging.

You could create a custom terrain. For example lets say you want the one of the grassland plots next to Washington produce 1 extra :food: and :commerce:.
All you have to do is go to Assets/XML/Terrain/CIV4TerrainInfos.xml, copy the entry for grassland and paste it below, then all you have to do is maybe rename it to Grassland 2 so you don't get confused when placing it and change the <YieldInfos> to 1 extra food and money.
P.S. I haven't added Platy Builder next because it will interfere with a lot of the python files and will require a lot of merging.
Thank you! I will try just that this weekend. Maybe me and my friend can play my Europe scenario now! :D

Looking foward for the enormous and colossal size maps
Yes that is a problem. I remember downloading a mod that added 2 more map sizes but I deleted it a long time ago. Another problem is if the enormous and colossal mod doesn't give me access to the source code I won't be able to merge it with the 100 Civ DLL. Anyway if I do find it I will definitely add it!
Currently working on merging CIV Gold Revived with Mercenaries, Inquisition, and Lawyer.

Hello fellow Civ fans!
I have taken it upon myself to revive this old dead project. As far as I know CIV Gold is abandoned. I have improved Civ Gold a lot but only for my entertainment like adding Inquisition, Lawyer, Wonders, New Civs, so I think I should upload the Project for people to have as well.

>>>Devolper Thread (Become a Developer!)<<

First of all this is a Community Project, if a fellow civ fan wants to create a Unit Set/Wonder/Civ/LH that does not exist in Civ Gold and gives me permission to use it I will of course use it. By the way if you do choose to create something then it HAS to be Modular.​

Here is a list of things I will add for sure:
-Inquisition (Removes Religions)
-Lawyer (Removes Corporations)
-Totally reworked Civic graphics, I am using the Civic Mod but sadly I forgot who created it so please let me know
-Platy Builder replaces Worldbuilder and Platy pedia replaces Civilopedia
-Some new civs including those created by me
-Varietas Delectat (the one from DoC so there is also art style for Slavic civs, East Asian, and African)
-Advanced Civ (if it has a 100 civ DLL or if I get the Source Code for Merkava's 100 Civ DLL)
-Some small python and XML improvements by me (like Camel bonus, more improvements etc..)
-Forts with Culture
-Maps can get 2 Sizes bigger, so after Huge comes Enormous and then Colossal

Things that are in the current version of the mod:
-platypings Giga and Mega pack: 120 New Wonders and 40 new Projects
-Scrolling Scoreboard
-Yakut civ
-100 Civ DLL
-10 New Religions
-Earth Evolution 2 python map (finished)

Anyway here are some ideas that I'm not sure if I should do so please comment below on which features are worth and worth not.
-On the Rhye's Earth Map an RFC Concept of Civs Spawning Historically but ONLY on that map. For example if you play on Fractal map or you choose Earth 1000 AD scenario then Civs won't spawn. Also this will not be really Rhye's and Fall of Civilization because I don't want it getting to complicated so only Barbarian spawns, historical Wars, and Historical Spawns (no UP no UHV's etc...)

Credits are in the download page!
Please feel free to post your ideas, as I said this is a Community Project so any ideas are welcome any opinions and any help!

This mod is amazing. I love playing this mod!
Thank you for creating this amazing masterpiece!

I'm not sure if you are thinking of updating the mod and adding new things to it but if you are, I have some ideas.

New Civ ideas:

Taiwan
(Or Chiang Kai-shek as leader for China)
Bosnia
Switzerland
Belarus
Confederates
Rhodesia
Libya
Modern Egypt
(Or add modern Egypt leaders to Egypt)
Syria
Afghanistan
Sri Lanka (Or Ceylon)
Yugoslavia
Oman
Cornwall
Slovakia
Azerbaijan

New Leaderheads for existing civs:

Boris Yeltsin - Russia
John F Kennedy - America
Chiang Kai-shek - China
Enver Hoxha - Albania
Tito - Croatia (Unless Yugoslavia is made)
Trudman - Croatia
Milosevic - Serbia
Hockener - Germany
Ceausescu - Romania
Thatcher - England
Obama - America

Another idea, create South Korea and North Korea as separate civs to Korea and add Kim Jong-Il to the North Korean Civ.

Also same with Germany, create West Germany with Adener and East Germany with Hockener.

These are just ideas, but if you are considering making more changes please tell me what you think ?

This mod is amazing. I love playing this mod!
Thank you for creating this amazing masterpiece!

I'm not sure if you are thinking of updating the mod and adding new things to it but if you are, I have some ideas.

New Civ ideas:

Taiwan
(Or Chiang Kai-shek as leader for China)
Bosnia
Switzerland
Belarus
Confederates
Rhodesia
Libya
Modern Egypt
(Or add modern Egypt leaders to Egypt)
Syria
Afghanistan
Sri Lanka (Or Ceylon)
Yugoslavia
Oman
Cornwall
Slovakia
Azerbaijan

New Leaderheads for existing civs:

Boris Yeltsin - Russia
John F Kennedy - America
Chiang Kai-shek - China
Enver Hoxha - Albania
Tito - Croatia (Unless Yugoslavia is made)
Trudman - Croatia
Milosevic - Serbia
Hockener - Germany
Ceausescu - Romania
Thatcher - England
Obama - America

Another idea, create South Korea and North Korea as separate civs to Korea and add Kim Jong-Il to the North Korean Civ.

Also same with Germany, create West Germany with Adener and East Germany with Hockener.

These are just ideas, but if you are considering making more changes please tell me what you think ?
Great ideas! I'll probably not do all of these things at once but I'll add some of the civs you suggested today and update the mod today hopefully, and I forgot to add the awesome map by @GreatLordofPie :lol:

1.1 update!
Added Taiwan and the EarthEvolution2 map (also added Taiwan to it).
Also the installer is fixed since it didn't work for me yesterday when I downloaded it!

1.1 update!
Added Taiwan and the EarthEvolution2 map (also added Taiwan to it).
Also the installer is fixed since it didn't work for me yesterday when I downloaded it!

Thank you ! downloading it now ! ;)

Will there be more updates soon ?
Also, I forgot to mention, Venice should also be considered as a civ ! ;)

Thank you ! downloading it now ! ;)

Will there be more updates soon ?
Also, I forgot to mention, Venice should also be considered as a civ ! ;)
I'll try to update it at least once a week from now on, and in each update I'll add 1 or 2 new civs. I was thinking Sri Lanka or Oman and Venice in the next update.

1.2 Update!
Switzerland added and in the Earth Evolution map as well.
Credit to @dacubz145 for creating the Switzerland civ.

Nice one!

I look forward to the next update!

One thing though, when I'm playing sometimes the civilization that I'm playing as
revolts and the message says: "People are angry at your villainy."
Is that a new thing? I've just never noticed it before.

Quick Question:

Under the path Assets\Modules there's a folder called "Custom Civilizations" with the original civilizations from Civ Gold. Then you have a separate folder for Yakut directly under that path, and then you have another folder called "Custom_Civilizations" (with an underscore) that contains just Taiwan. Is there a specific reason for this, or is it just what works?

Quick Question:

Under the path Assets\Modules there's a folder called "Custom Civilizations" with the original civilizations from Civ Gold. Then you have a separate folder for Yakut directly under that path, and then you have another folder called "Custom_Civilizations" (with an underscore) that contains just Taiwan. Is there a specific reason for this, or is it just what works?
The reason is that the custom civilizations are modular, so they have a specific path, like Assets/Modules/CustomCivilizations/TheCivFolder/ (this is an example not all modular civs need to have that path)
Each modder usually makes their own path, so for example the Civ Gold Revived developers chose to make a folder called Custom Civilization and put each civ in there (so that path would be Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/NameofCiv). When I make modular civilizations I usually just make their path be Assets/Modules/TheNameoftheCiv, so that's why the Yakut civ is not in a folder.
The Taiwan civ was made by Dumanios (I think), and he chose to put his modular civs in a Custom_Civilizations folder.
One could change the xml files and change the paths to be Custom Civilizations so all civs would be in the same folder but I just feel like it doesn't matter that much.
Nice one!

One thing though, when I'm playing sometimes the civilization that I'm playing as
Maybe it might be this, World Considers You a Villain?

Nice one!

Sometimes? Every single game seems to go into a period where unhappiness goes off the scale (usually with the Great Depressions) - +26 villany, for example. Cities plummet to population one and it takes forever to get back from. I wonder if there's some wonder that exacerbates that or if turning off espionage would help (but it seems to be across the whole civ at the same time. It makes some games unplayable. In general, the Great Depression mechanic is one of the most frustrating things I've come across in any game. Is there an easy way to turn it off?

Also, in one game towards the end every time I drafted, my cities increased in size by around 6000. As I had the Palacio de Pena, there were no drafting limits, so I made an enormous army in a couple of turns. Before I could get them across the ocean I'd diplomatted a victory (I had 99% of the world's population, around 10bn). No idea how we got to that position.

I loaded the Civ Gold revised 1.2
It works on BTS on random maps
but when i tried to use a map from a scenerio (say for example Africa) the program ends

Also, how do I get access to any additional maps for Civgold revised

Hi,

Thank you for the updates on this amazing MOD.

I have a question however, during the game my civilzation kleeps suffering a "great depression" even tho my citizens were happy and I was in a golden age. How do I switch the great depression effects off?

Also a slight bug, the barbarian cities have modern architecture from the beginning of the game.

Thank you

Top Bottom