• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ3 Conquests chat with Firaxis & BreakAway Games

Sorry to be late to the party guys! I got married and haven't been civving much, but I'll be #28!!

lateralis

Originally posted by lateralis
Sorry to be late to the party guys! I got married and haven't been civving much, but I'll be #28!!

One reason why petitions aren't so viable is that they can sometimes reflect a lower number than reality for a given product. So far, you guys have managed to duplicate the previous 'count the Mac users' thread, but this time only with a showing of (so far) 28 people. To be honest, a port of Conquests isn't going to be judged by the feedback received in this forum, it'll be judged mainly by sales of the PC version of the expansion pack. It's much easier to get an accurate estimate of the number of Mac buyers from the PC number than it is from petitions or posts in a forum thread. Just FYI. :)

Originally posted by Brad Oliver

One reason why petitions aren't so viable is that they can sometimes reflect a lower number than reality for a given product. So far, you guys have managed to duplicate the previous 'count the Mac users' thread, but this time only with a showing of (so far) 28 people. To be honest, a port of Conquests isn't going to be judged by the feedback received in this forum, it'll be judged mainly by sales of the PC version of the expansion pack. It's much easier to get an accurate estimate of the number of Mac buyers from the PC number than it is from petitions or posts in a forum thread. Just FYI. :)

You're right of course Brad. And, I believe everyone here figures as much. I know I do these days. ;) I'd say this is more or less a "Rah-Rah" thread, sort of like sweet-release.

Hello,
Just hoping that tending this Apple tree won't turn fruitless.

The Happy 29er. :p

Guess I'm 27. I was waiting to get up to my age, but I may not live that long - 27 isn't even halfway there.

Originally posted by gfeier
27 isn't even halfway there.
But you're 31 really. 31 is half way to mine ;)

well I guess I will post 32 then... since that is my age for a few more months at least.

It is kind of depressing to see that we have so many fewer mac gamers here than we did a couple of months ago when a similar thread was posted and it got up to ~110. If only we could get 40 or 50 mac people submitting a GOTM... wouldnt that be amazingly cool?

Count me in... and make that 33!

I hope there is a lot more Mac users out there wanting the Conquests game, other than the ones listed here?!

I'll be 34. Brad is probably right. It makes me angry though to not have the multiplayer version of this game. I don't buy games anymore unless I can play multiplayer, but with Civ III it didn't even occur to me that PTW wouldn't be ported.

As it is though I've managed to get my hands on Civ III and PTW for the PC and will soon be playing on a slow Thinkpad. I'm just sick of playing the computer (Monarch). At least we have games like EUII and Hearts of Iron available also.

BTW Brad, how many different game forums do you follow? I've seen you post at insidemacgames.com and now here.

Originally posted by msosa01
I'll be 34. Brad is probably right. It makes me angry though to not have the multiplayer version of this game. I don't buy games anymore unless I can play multiplayer, but with Civ III it didn't even occur to me that PTW wouldn't be ported.

With my schedule, I'd love to have PBEM.

Originally posted by dojoboy

With my schedule, I'd love to have PBEM.

Yeah, that would be awesome. I'm currently relegated to playing Solace PBEM, but its way too simple. Going to start playing War: Age of Imperialism in search of a more challenging PBEM.

Originally posted by AlanH

But you're 31 really. 31 is half way to mine ;)

It seems to be my fate to be the second oldest fart on every game board I post to. ;)

37, the numbe that somehow, if you ask someone to pick a number between 1 and 100, gets picked more often than most... :D

Top Bottom