Civ3 PBEM

it looked like SGL's are turned on. Anyone want to discuss not using them (they are quite unbalancing).

I'm OK with not using them - since there are no scientific civs, taking them away doesn't hurt anyone more than anyone else. Or we could just say that they can only be used for Scientific Golden Ages ;).

Can they be used for Minor Wonders? That might make them alot less unbalancing.

I've seen the Pyramids built pre-3000 BC and Pyramids & ToA built pre-2000 BC in a couple of HOF games. That kind of luck is pretty tough to beat.

GPS to Chamnix.

GPS to Calis

Barbs are set to sedentary - one person requested this, and no one requested otherwise.

I am not complaining or something. I just wanted to know for sure...

As for the SGL. Maybe everybody agrees that the later they are used the less unbalancing they are...so we could agree that nobody uses them before the Middle Ages?!

Furthermore I think, the Pyramids are the worst wonder, if built too early so nobody should use the SGL to create them, but this would be included in the rule above...

Do you guys agree?

So far the SGL options are

1. Minor wonders only
2. Not until MA and cannot build Pyramids
3. Normal behavior (whatever that is)

Any other opinions?

By not until MA, are we saying only MA wonders, or everyone must be in the MA, or the user must be in the MA? I think not before a certain date would be clearer.

But for simplicity, my vote goes to a rule that we just cannot use SGLs to rush Great Wonders.

Originally Posted by Chamnix
But for simplicity, my vote goes to a rule that we just cannot use SGLs to rush Great Wonders

I'll third this

GPS to Chamnix.

I agree with Chamnix, no Great Wonders can be rushed by SGLs.

GPS to Calis

GPS to Chamnix.

And I finally remembered to send the save to gbno1fan as well this turn. sorry about forgetting until now.

And I finally remembered to send the save to gbno1fan as well this turn. sorry about forgetting until now.

That's fine. I haven't had the chance to open any of the saves yet anyway, but hope to put out some spoilers for the lurkers soon. Does anybody want to email me some of your overall strategy or anything else for the spoiler thread?

gbno1fan: I'll send you a little something tomorrow

GPS to Calis

GPS to Chamnix.

Top Bottom