Civ5Replay files, am I missing something?

Xentropy

Chieftain
So I was disappointed to see the lack of a Replay when finishing games. However, I just noticed a Replays directory with .Civ5Replay files in it for each game I'd finished. I looked all over the game for a way to view these but didn't find anything. Is there a way to view these, or are these generated as an abandoned feature, or are these a planned feature they just didn't have time to finish which will be enabled in a future patch (and allow us to view these replays once that patch comes out)?

No replay ?

Oh nooooo

Useful comment? :rolleyes:

Interesting you found this. Civ is the perfect game for having replays, I'd love to watch a few from the really hardcore players to see how they manage their armies and cities. It would help me learn loads.

Starcraft 2 offers replays and the amount of tactics you pick up from these is invaluable.

The more I read these forums and play civ 5 the more I believe 2K forced an early release of this game. I can't wait for official expansions and some high quality mods. Civ 5 is just the foundation.

In FPS games demos are just the snatched network code send/received when playing. Therefore the playback is an actual simulation of the game.

What i 'm trying to say is, mayb you can "connect" to it somehow .. or host a game (if such thing is possible) and somehow load it via that menu.

Don't have the game yet, just trying to throw in ideas since it doesn't seem to be obvious.

I tried loading a file in a network game but it doesn't offer a file browser that you can use to navigate to a different directory. So you can't reach the replay files, it must be a feature never intended to see the light of day or being added in a future release.

Top Bottom