Resource icon

[GRAPHICS] Civilization IV Remaster 1.7.3

yeah i thought so , even the clouds is something, no one had ever done prior to you , so thats an achievement !

another thing i forgot,
is there an option to enlarge the size of the star of the capital?
i think its only in the exe.
maybe some font or maybe adding an overlapping other larger icon.

yeah i thought so , even the clouds is something, no one had ever done prior to you , so thats an achievement !

another thing i forgot,
is there an option to enlarge the size of the star of the capital?
i think its only in the exe.
maybe some font or maybe adding an overlapping other larger icon.
The star texture is in Civ IV Remaster\Assets\Art\Interface\citybar\citybar_star.tga. You could edit it with paint .net with dds plugin yourself. I put it on the left side because otherwise it would sometimes overlap the city text label if the city name is too long. But I encourage you to experiment. It's a lot of fun.

another note,
merging only the stuff for the terrain and city becomes a bit entangled cause its now a larger mod.
So @tomekum you don't comment your code you change/add? That would be really helpful for us and you too in the future when you no longer remember what you did and why.
(I haven't checked the code yet though, so sorry if I'm wrong).

So @tomekum you don't comment your code you change/add? That would be really helpful for us and you too in the future when you no longer remember what you did and why.
(I haven't checked the code yet though, so sorry if I'm wrong).
There are not much added code in SDK, just a code to properly display city name and production on city bar. There is more code in shaders to change the fog of war to clouds but it should be self explanatory. As I said before, every change I make is commited with appropriate comment so one could check what has changed in github repository for the mod.

Okay, so I installed your mod but I see no clouds and city growth and production numbers are missing.
The smaller resource/unit bubbles and units look rather nice tough :)
To install cloud shaders you will need to do the following:
1. Find shaders folder of your Beyond the Sword installation. For steam users it's usually
C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Shaders
2. Backup original FXO folder inside folder from point 1
3. Copy FXO folder from Civ IV Remaster.7z archive (modded FXO is located in /Shaders folder) into folder from point 1 (override existing files)
4. Play the game

The city growth and production numbers missing is probably some bug, but I cannot reproduce it. F1rpo also had this issue. Maybe its a matter of different exe version of BTS. Did anyone have this issue as well? I wonder if it's common.

The smaller resource bubbles are part of Taurus mod by f1rpo :)

To install cloud shaders you will need to do the following:
1. Find shaders folder of your Beyond the Sword installation. For steam users it's usually
C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Shaders
2. Backup original FXO folder inside folder from point 1
3. Copy FXO folder from Civ IV Remaster.7z archive (modded FXO is located in /Shaders folder) into folder from point 1 (override existing files)
4. Play the game
Okay, I totally did that and nothing changed:
EDIT:
Sorry, my bad! I accidentally copied it to Civ4's folder and not to BtS :wallbash::hammer2:
It looks great! :clap:
1673867796916.png

Last edited:
Are you sure? Could you show me the screenshot of your FXO folder with modified date column? It should look something like that:

Note that you need to override shaders in "Beyond the Sword" folder, not the vanilla Civ4 folder.

View attachment 650884
Sorry, it was my mistake. I edited my post at the same time you wrote this one.
Now let's see if it works with my mod too...

Sorry, it was my mistake. I edited my post at the same time you wrote this one.
Now let's see if it works with my mod too...
Great :) It should work fine but note that the texture used for clouds are taken from the \Assets\Art\Terrain\Textures folder. So to have uniformed clouds you should make your textures for grassland, plains etc. be the same. The specific files used for clouds are the ones which name ends with *detail.dds. So grassdetail.dds, desertdetail.dds etc.

Last edited:
Started working on God Rays selection cursor but unfortunetelly everything behind godrays is distorted. Well... not everything. But I noticed that things rendered by shaders and not visible behind godrays, so for example water waves. Here is a quick video of how it works now:

Link to video.

The city growth and production numbers missing is probably some bug, but I cannot reproduce it. F1rpo also had this issue. Maybe its a matter of different exe version of BTS. Did anyone have this issue as well? I wonder if it's common.
I've found the problem I think: The DLL checks GRAPHICOPTION_CITY_DETAIL before inserting the countdowns. That's the "Detailed City Info" option on the Graphics tab of the Ctrl+O screen. I didn't have that option enabled. Should arguably not be optional now that the progress bars are gone.

Good call on the Grassland and Plains textures; looking less like Humankind now. Having taken another look at my Carthage screenshot, I also agree that the pavement looked odd on the mod's terrain.
Yeah, your beautiful clouds don't work with my beautiful terrain :sad: [...]
That's ... interesting; like some color-shifted NASA photo of the moon's surface. :p

Top Bottom