[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Meteor strike? I'm guessing that is part of the Apocalypse scenario.

What about Disease, Trade Companies(Corporations) things like that...

If this is the last set of content that we get for VI, I hope they add some sort of unit between musketmen and infantry. I know that to some that might be a small, unnecessary addition, but it bugs the hell out of me that we jump from a unit using a rudimentary musket to a WW2-style infantry model. Something like line infantry or riflemen or something would be very welcome.

Regardless of the extra leader we seem to be getting, the content calendar makes it clear that there are going to be 8 new civs. We've got the Mayans, Gran Colombia, and Ethiopia thus far. For the remaining five, I think that Portugal is nearly a rock solid guarantee. If so, I think some of the likeliest candidates for the other four would be:
  • Byzantium
  • Babylon
  • Vietnam (new inclusion, fan favorite suggestion)
  • Italy/Italian city state (Venice was very popular in V, Genoa has references in Vanilla game files)
  • Celts/Iceni (there was concept art from a Civ artist last year of a female who looked like Boudica)
  • Another North American native tribe (V had the Iroquois and Shoshone, so I somewhat expect VI to at least match that number)
  • Morocco
Personally, I'm predicting Portugal, Byzantium, Babylon, Vietnam, and a NA native tribe.

I have to admit, I have somewhat mixed feelings about the new "season pass". I am suffering from severe Civ 6 burnout, to the point where I didn't finish the last couple of games I played, several months ago. I am frustrated by a few of the core aspects of the game, namely how unrewarding large cities are, and by how much long the game drags on long after the winner has been determined.

On the other hand, I am happy to finally see the Maya and Ethiopia, and Gran Colombia is an intriguing addition. My hope is that these civs along with other new content will refresh the game enough that I want to play it again. I do think that the civ/leader designs from the last expansion was pretty great, and several of them significantly changed how you play the game.

Last edited:
Aren't they just going to rework Teddy and CdM, especially since DLC 2 is likely focused on espionage.

I don't think so. It would be weird to just waste the art. Besides, the abilities do not sound like reworks. Catherine seems to lose her spy focus entirely and is instead related to luxuries.

And how would we play if your Catherine became permanently different from my Catherine? It goes against the modular vibe of the whole expansion.

If this is the last set of content that we get for VI, I hope they add some sort of unit between musketmen and infantry. I know that to some that might be a small, unnecessary addition, but it bugs the hell out of me that we jump from a unit using a rudimentary musket to a WW2-style infantry model. Something like line infantry or riflemen or something would be very welcome.
WWII infantry is riflemen, tho.

I don't think so. It would be weird to just waste the art. Besides, the abilities do not sound like reworks. Catherine seems to lose her spy focus entirely and is instead related to luxuries.

And how would we play if your Catherine became permanently different from my Catherine? It goes against the modular vibe of the whole expansion.

Ed tweeted that if you get the Persona Pack, both versions of the leader are available to choose from.

WWII infantry is riflemen, tho.

Well, yeah, in that they use rifles. But I meant akin to the rifleman unit from V that was uniformed like a soldier from the latter half of the 1800s.

Ed tweeted that if you get the Persona Pack, both versions of the leader are available to choose from.
I hope they will fix the problem that appeared with Eleanor, being that both versions of the same leader can appear as AI opponents in the same game.

Hmmm I don't see the Frontier pass anywhere on the Steam store. How will it be sold? Only separately? Can I buy the DLCs beforehand in one pass just like the Deluxe edition when Civ just got released?

There are so many new possibilities that I just guess we will have two season packs, so my guess is

City states mean entirely new city states. Bolivar was a great person and is likely the newest leader of Colombia. They're going to replace him.

1. Maya + Colombia (we know that) (Lady Six Sky + Simon Bolivar)
2. Ethiopia (we know that) (Zara Yaqob or Menelik II)
3. Gauls / Iceni (includes female leader Boudicca + Vercingetorix)
4. Byzantium (religious + naval bonuses) + new Italian city states. (Could be a female leader)
5. Kublai Khan (dual leader Mongols / China) + Mughals is what i'm going for. (Nur Jahan)
6. Burma or Vietnam. (Trung Sisters)

Season pack 2
Portugal (female leader)
Benin or Ashanti (female leader)
Nepal
Burma, Vietnam or Siam (female leader if Vietnam)
Iroquois or a new Native American civ like Powhatan, Tlingit or Apache (female leader if Iroquois)
Austria, Bulgaria, Switzerland or Goths (female leader if Austria)
Babylon
AssyrIa or Palmyra (female leader if Palmyra)
Alt leader for Egypt (or outside chance for Russia)

I really don't like the idea with alt version of same leader if we are keeping both versions anyway. It would be much better if we would receive just another leader for this civ. Almost each side of efford required for this is the same.

I really don't like the idea with alt version of same leader if we are keeping both versions anyway. It would be much better if we would receive just another leader for this civ. Almost each side of efford required for this is the same.
I agree. I wish they would've just focused these resources on new leaders or new civs. The only real bummer of this announcements.

See, that's the thing. They're not. If you check Eleanor, they are very similar and all the animations are the exact same.

I still wonder about this double pack civ. IMHO they should be somehow connected, not only geographically; I would see Portugal and Morocco (some mechanics with Age of Discoveries?) or Byzanthium and Bulgaria (Balkan Slavic were't presented yet).
PS. And I hope Hebrew will appear one day as a very old and still existing nation (if Israeli is controversional or too modern)

Has anyone gotten word about whether the new civs will use R&F/GS mechanics? The Season ticket website seems to state that the new Civs will not.

I would be super disappointed if they added a bunch of new civs but couldn't use any of the new game mechanics. That's super limiting to their design.

Edit: Just read a linked interview in the thread. They are only using core systems.

See, that's the thing. They're not. If you check Eleanor, they are very similar and all the animations are the exact same.

I agree. It's going to be exactly like Eleanor. Just a reskin and new background art with an alternate leader ability rather than a different civ. Much less work than giving us Lincoln and Napoleon (though they would be awesome).

I hope they will fix the problem that appeared with Eleanor, being that both versions of the same leader can appear as AI opponents in the same game.

They can? I have never ever had this happen, and just yesterday I was modding some files and noticed she has a particular variable in the files which is specifically supposed to prevent this. I have no idea if it works, of course...

There will be no third expansion. Anton Strenger has literally said it here: https://www.pcgamesn.com/civilization-vi/civ-6-new-season-pass-details?amp

"Q: Can you rule out a third expansion for Civ VI?

A: At this time we don’t have any plans to build a third expansion."

That is not at all "there will be no third expansion". That being said, I don't see why the current logic of "it would bloat the game" would change later, so I think we are not getting a third expansion. But this doesn't prevent them from doing another season pass like this one when there are some civs people are still clamoring for by the end!

Back
Top Bottom