[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Considering he and Abraham would be roughly contemporary that seems...difficult. :p While I'd love for Babylon's theme to be based on Babylonian Jewish music, I'm fully expecting yet another variation on the Hurrian Hymn to Nikkal. It already worked so well for Sumer and Phoenicia so why not do it again? :p
If this is what you're refering to, it does sounds nice and i can imagine some good chanting with it

If this is what you're refering to, it does sounds nice and i can imagine some good chanting with it
"Ashir Shirim" is precisely what I had in mind. In this video chanting starts at about 1:30:

I think if Greece can have Macedon and if Rome can have Byzantium, I think Mali can have the Songhai.
That seems much more difficult to make considering most of the main cities of Mali and Songhai were the same such as Timbuktu, Jenne and Gao, whereas Byzantium and Rome are easier to differentiate.
As for Macedon well there were plenty of Alexandrias to put on the city list. :mischief:

I want Portugal in the game, if only for the fantastic Portuguese music.

This, but for Hawaii. Ukeleles, Ipus, Pahu Drums and Vocals could make for a Godlike soundtrack

And if it turns out to be Maria I leading both Portugal and Brazil... I can only imagine the reactions. :mischief:

As someone who has a Brazilian parent and is 3/8 Portuguese, I really want to see Portugal in the game in some form (I'd be fine with Maria, although there are several people who I would prefer over her).

On the other hand, I also really want another Native American civ. Someone like the Iroquois, Powhatan, or Comanche are near the top of my list (my love for the Iroquois has to do with me living in the Niagara Falls area).

Last edited:
As someone who has a Brazilian parent and is 3/8 Portuguese, I really want to see Portugal in the game in some form (I'd be fine with Maria, although there are several people who I would prefer over her).

On the other hand, also really want another Native American civ. Someone like the Iroquois, Powhatan, or Comanche are near the top of my list.
I'd prefer someone else as well though considering we usually get 3 female leaders a cycle, it seems like Portugal would get one if they get in.

I'd also like a Native American civ but if they are going to go with the Sioux, or any plains tribe. then yeah I'd rather Portugal. :shifty:

I'd prefer someone else as well though considering we usually get 3 female leaders a cycle, it seems like Portugal would get one if they get in.

I'd also like a Native American civ but if they are going to go with the Sioux, or any plains tribe. then yeah I'd rather Portugal. :shifty:
I don’t know much about how a female leader for a plains tribe is bad. Could you tell me?

I would much prefer a Native American civ to Portugal to round out the pass. I don't even particularly care which one; it'd just be nice to have more.
Lakota and Hopi would be two good choices. We could also bring back Pocatello.

Yeah Lakota(or Sioux) have both a good leader and an interesting history; Shoshone would also be nice, yesterday i saw a mod that put them on Civ 6 and their UU was interesting, it was still a pathfinder recon unit but it also fuction as a support unit given movement to nearby units and allowing to walk on woods without penalties

I don’t know much about how a female leader for a plains tribe is bad. Could you tell me?
I wasn't necessarily talking about female leaders. But now that you mention it they would be non-existent, as in there were no female leaders for a Plains tribe that I'm even aware of.

What I meant was personally I'm not too fond of another Plains tribe appearing when there are plenty other options. Not to mention the Plains tribes mainly being nomadic is hard to translate into a civ especially when it comes to finding city names.

Besides we already have the Cree, who several of their population was nomadic including Poundmaker, so I don't expect to see another one anyway.

I'd love to see a Kievan Rus' civilization, there's definitely a lot of untapped potential for this. With the inclusion of the Byzantines and Gauls, it doesn't seem that far-off to think that civs which historically overlapped territory would be eligible to be in the game together. Russia used to be the catch-all civ which would just broadly represent all the Slavs, but the inclusion of Poland really changed that and showed they were willing to break that idea apart.

I'm also somewhat convinced they've always purposefully left space for Kievan Rus' (or a Ruthenian) civilization to be added. Sure, Poland's abilities are all describing the Commonwealth, but do the city names actually reflect this? Not really. Lwow's in there, but where's Vilnius or *any* Belarusian city? If you were to really map out the city names for both Poland and Russia, I'm sure you'd find that there is considerable space between them that could be taken up by someone else.

Regardless, I think the rest of this pack is pretty much planned out - Vietnam, Kublai Khan, and a final civ that's likely to be a returning one (after all, in the Babylon preview they explicitly said "we couldn't go without this one"). I have no idea what they could do to make Portugal unique, but it's really a necessary addition. I guess the rest of our speculation will inevitably wait for a Final Frontier.

I wasn't necessarily talking about female leaders. But now that you mention it they would be non-existent, as in there were no female leaders for a Plains tribe that I'm even aware of.
There's Woman Chief of the Crow and Glory of the Morning of the Winnebago. Adjacent to the Plains in the Plateau you also have Running Eagle of the Blackfoot.

However, I agree that I'd prefer not to see a Plains tribe; the Cree have that covered. I'd much prefer to see an Eastern Woodland, Southeastern, or PNW tribe.

There are some options for female plains tribe leaders, although I can't think of any that would be remotely iconic or recognizable except for Sacagawea (pls no don't put her in the game as a leader it would be even worse than Gandhi).

Last edited:
Regardless, I think the rest of this pack is pretty much planned out - Vietnam, Kublai Khan, and a final civ that's likely to be a returning one (after all, in the Babylon preview they explicitly said "we couldn't go without this one"). I have no idea what they could do to make Portugal unique, but it's really a necessary addition. I guess the rest of our speculation will inevitably wait for a Final Frontier.
Pretty much everyone thinks that they will be exploration focused, something that no civ really focuses on.

There are some options for female plains tribe leaders, although I can't think of any that would remotely iconic or recognizable except for Sacagawea (pls no don't put her in the game as a leader it would be even worse than Gandhi).
Ironically she was a leader for the Sioux back in Civ 2. :shifty:
https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Sioux_(Civ2)

Oh yeah, I remember. That was pretty much an insult to historical accuracy XD

She was a Shoshone, after all.
Not as bad as Shakala for the Zulu, who was an invention by the Civilization series itself.

Not as bad as Shakala for the Zulu, who was an invention by the Civilization series itself.
I don't know. Straight up invention may not be worse than simply tossing in someone from a completely unrelated culture. I feel like Sacagawea leading the Sioux is roughly the equivalent of Maria-Theresa leading the Ottomans.

I don't know. Straight up invention may not be worse than simply tossing in someone from a completely unrelated culture. I feel like Sacagawea leading the Sioux is roughly the equivalent of Maria-Theresa leading the Ottomans.
At least Maria Theresa had the possibility of marrying off one of her children to the Sultan. :p

Top Bottom