[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Well considering Vietnam is probably going to be lead by a female (Lady Trieu) here is my prediction for March:

DLC cycle one had three female leaders (Jadwiga, Amanitore, Gitarja) with three new civs (Australia, Macedon, Nubia) and five returning (Aztecs, even though they were free, Poland, Persia, Khmer, Indonesia)

In this DLC cycle (not expansion) we've had two female leaders (Lady Six Sky, supposedly Lady Trieu) and three new civs (Gran Colombia, Gaul, Vietnam) and four returning (Maya, Ethiopia, Byzantium, Babylon)

That means most likely the civ in March will be a returning civ with a female leader if we follow the same DLC, non expansion pattern. The best guesses in my opinion are Maria I for Portugal or Jigonhsasee for the Iroquois.

Unless they go for Sacagawea leading Shoshone/Sioux, which I doubt. :shifty:

Well considering Vietnam is probably going to be lead by a female (Lady Trieu) here is my prediction for March:

DLC cycle one had three female leaders (Jadwiga, Amanitore, Gitarja) with three new civs (Australia, Macedon, Nubia) and five returning (Aztecs, even though they were free, Poland, Persia, Khmer, Indonesia)

In this DLC cycle (not expansion) we've had two female leaders (Lady Six Sky, supposedly Lady Trieu) and three new civs (Gran Colombia, Gaul, Vietnam) and four returning (Maya, Ethiopia, Byzantium, Babylon)

That means most likely the civ in March will be a returning civ with a female leader if we follow the same DLC, non expansion pattern. The best guesses in my opinion are Maria I for Portugal or Jigonhsasee for the Iroquois.

Unless they go for Sacagawea leading Shoshone/Sioux, which I doubt. :shifty:
Not probably. Yes.

FXS addressed it on Twitter as something they purposely did.
That's because everyone knew Kublai would be in the pack. It wasn't a surprise. Vietnam's abilities, Leader, UI, and UU were all hidden.

Also not sure If I missed it discussed somewhere, but it seems everyone got already attached to the idea Kublai will have the unused ability so much nobody cares the vid basically confirms it.

Also not sure If I missed it discussed somewhere, but it seems everyone got already attached to the idea Kublai will have the unused ability so much nobody cares the vid basically confirms it.
It's in another thread. This one.

That! That is Lady Trieu. It fits the portrayals of her. It would also explain the temper.

View attachment 582165
odd choice considering afaik she was never a ruler.

I guess this at least would mean that we don’t have to have the Haudenosaunee as our last civ. Hopefully we’ll get the Tlingit, Navajo or Hawaii

(Edit: never mind, we’ll probsbly still get the Haudenosaunee led by Jigonhsasee since that would make 3, although Hawaii led by Liliuokalani would be possible and cool)

In some cases yes. Some--like Gilgamesh and Ambiorix--are just gratuitous. (Sumerian tunics were tucked much higher. Assyrians and Babylonians wore tunics under their tunics. At no point in Mesopotamian history would showing the chest be normal. Gaulish nobleman wore expensive tunics and cloaks.)
Coulda been worse. Gaulic warriors were known for going full frontal in battle.

(Edit: never mind, we’ll probsbly still get the Haudenosaunee led by Jigonhsasee since that would make 3, although Hawaii led by Liliuokalani would be possible and cool)
She's already a Great Musician though with audio files for her Great Works of Music. I doubt they'll change that and that can't be replaced.

Any leads on Portugal, now that Vietnam (and Lady Trieu probably) are confirmed?

I’m still team Native North America simply because the pattern of 4 new Civs means we’re missing 1 more

Rise & Fall: Cree, Georgia, Scotland, Mapuche
Gathering Storm: Hungary, Mäori, Canada, Phoenicia
New Frontier: Gran Colombia, Gaul, Vietnam, ???

It also seems unlikely that they would represent another Native NA Civ through replacing a City-State with Lisbon (Portugal) since we’re missing representation for one more

Coulda been worse. Gaulic warriors were known for going full frontal in battle.
Worth noting that comes from one account about a Cisalpine Gaulish tribe and that the term rendered "naked" could also mean "unarmored." Also that 90% of what the Romans said about the Celts is pure fabrication anyway. :p

I’m still team Native North America simply because the pattern of 4 new Civs means we’re missing 1 more

It also seems unlikely that they would represent another Native NA Civ through replacing a City-State with Lisbon (Portugal) since we’re missing representation for one more
I think you're wrong, but I hope you're right.

The first wave of DLC we did get only three new civs though: Australia, Macedon and Nubia.

And this is technically a second wave of DLC, not a full fledged expansion where we received 4 new and 4 old. Though there's still the possibility Native North America is on the table with the Iroquois as likely, and a female leader.

Is there any reason to believe that NFP will be the end all for new civs? If it comes down to a choice between Portugal and a NA civ, could the dropped civ be a seperate DLC or (seems unlikely) expansion?

Top Bottom