Civilization World comes to Facebook

I'll be willing to try it, though I don't have my hopes up too high. It seems that with each installment they just take more away from the game...

If we form a CivFanatics team, anyone know who the captain will be?

Meh, I'll just put Thunderbird.

Hmmm, don't know why some people are getting so upset. Will it cost money to play the game? (unlikely) Will you be forced to play the game against your will? (unlikely again)
Rather than *assume* its gonna be an awful experience, I'm going to give it a run when it comes out. If its *awful*, then I simply won't play it again-nothing lost if I do-however, if I like it, then it represents a way I can satisfy my Civ Addiction when I'm not at my home computer. Sounds like a win-win scenario to me ;)!

Aussie.

Hmmm, don't know why some people are getting so upset. Will it cost money to play the game? (unlikely) Will you be forced to play the game against your will? (unlikely again)
Rather than *assume* its gonna be an awful experience, I'm going to give it a run when it comes out. If its *awful*, then I simply won't play it again-nothing lost if I do-however, if I like it, then it represents a way I can satisfy my Civ Addiction when I'm not at my home computer. Sounds like a win-win scenario to me ;)!

Aussie.
My thoughts exactly.

This is ridiculous. I want to play a real Civ game, not some dumb downed facebook version. Firaxis has really stooped low.

They're just looking for new blood. Majority of facebookers are what....highschoolish kids?

So what...big deal....it's a marketing scheme.... Sue them.

-.-

This is ridiculous. I want to play a real Civ game, not some dumb downed facebook version. Firaxis has really stooped low.

Yes they have. FB games are not like civ. I know because my fiance is crazy addicted to Frontierville. Horrible game! Help your damn neighbor give em gifts SCOFF!!!

I think you're assuming this is a zynga "game". Though, how is helping others a BAD thing? Sounds a hell of a lot more realistic considering no civilization has ever or will ever win.

No Sir, Civilization is not going to fit FB. Bad idea this one!

it is nothing wrong that sid wants to earn some cash on facebook/farmvilla addicts. I bet there will be a button "email notification when attacked only $0.99/month".

Fixed and my predictions.

Personally I have no desire to use my facebook account to play a game with other people I don't trust. Neither have I seen any redeeming qualities in both the game and playerbase of similar browser "nation" "sim" "games" which seem to largely involve one group of players having fun beating down all the other players so they can't have fun. However, I hope Sid Meier and Firaxis create a really good game and wish them the best of luck.

:lol: I'm gonna be laughing all day long at how lame this mindset of yours is. How did you EVER make a friend if you didn't trust a stranger first? :lol:

The FB app was not designed with current civ players in mind..to keep them, support them or thank them or anything.

Sid is simply seeking new blood.

Geeeesh! Get over yourselves people.

-.-

Why is Firaxis Perverting Civilization, this is low on the concept of civ. Civ isn't just some mediocre puzzle game. Someone has to takeover the series. And hopefully its not Firaxis because I don't really support them anymore because they don't have a clue anymore.

Aussie.

Your optimism is impressive :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this idea says a lot about the person/people who are actually making the decisions.

Your optimism is impressive :rolleyes:

Seriously though, this idea says a lot about the person/people who are actually making the decisions.

It seems to be saying that they would like to expand their customer base so they can make more money. Is that unreasonable?

It seems to be saying that they would like to expand their customer base so they can make more money. Is that unreasonable?

Is it ok that Ferrari makes low cost, fuel efficient family cars? They just wants to make money and reach a broader audience.
Sure it is, but they loose their image, respect, integrity, brand and customer base.

No one who wants to own a high powered sportscar and be associated with familycars.

Firaxis are loosing longtime customers BIGTIME on these "let everyone, including my 5 year old sister, play civ" projects (CivRev, Civ V and Civ World), and its just a matter of time before a serious contender will steal that market (did anyone say CtP III).

it is nothing wrong that sid wants to earn some cash on facebook/farmvilla addicts. I bet there will be a button "email notification when attacked only $0.99/month".

You don't have to spend to play, but have alot of fb friends to send you gifts.

uuh uuh...we never know firaxis. maybe when u r attacked in medieval ages, u will be able to buy a 'giant death robot' for 5 dollars :lol:
or, buy a fancy landscape for ur empire for some survey credit :goodjob:

Aussie.

Top Bottom