CivIVor - second season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that, in the future for any team games, teams that stick with the game should be rewarded, because there is an inherent advantage for a team with 3 civs to have one player controlling two, much easier to coordinate, versus other teams who will have to coordinate with 3 different players in 3 different time zones.

I think you understood why I was on there and that in the spirit of fairness you could have attacked with 1 of your civs, then let me make my turn, then attack with the other. It was obvious I was attempting to take a turn and could not connect to the server

It is an advantage for your team for you to be controlling two teams. Maybe a team needs to go AI if their own departs.

If I had really wanted to co-ordinate with all my civs, then I would have played Azza as well, but I did not. It is common in team games for you to co-ordinate attacks with the other civs. I have been in another one and often the order of the units that you attack with is vitally important, and thus you need to play certain civs at certain times. Often this is time consuming for the player, but this is what happens in team games. In the other team game I was in, sometimes you would have one player playing four teams just so that you could co-ordinate attacks. That is how team games work. You co-ordinate togethrer in everything you do and that does include attacks.

Well, we've got one last card to play:

Resignation.

Our "escape plan" was to raze a few coastal cities, hurt your economy and work from there but now, it's not going to happen. From 11 techs and millions of citizens behind, we congratulate you on a decisive win :salute:

:thanx: everyone for the great game, props to BCLG for giving us a heIl of a fight in the early game and thanks ID for hosting. Been fun! :thumbsup:

Jericho/Whomp, you two onboard with conceding?

And assuming so, CH/Azza care to give us some screenshots and maybe a rundown of how you pulled it off?

I only posted after both JH and WH agreed in our spoiler thread over at the other site.

And I'd definitely be interested in some spoiler info as well :)

Yes, we discussed this. We had a sizeable navy which, despite our tech disadvantage, likely could have held for awhile.

But, hold doesnt mean win. So yeah, pretty hopeless

It's somewhat like Hillary, but we know when to quit.

And assuming so, CH/Azza care to give us some screenshots and maybe a rundown of how you pulled it off?

I believe the 3 major factors which allowed us to win were
1) I started with horses in my capital, so I was able to build War Chariots right from the start
2) Emperor encouraged a WC rush before any Archers could appear, and luckily I got there just in time before the archer(s) came.
3) We started in the corner of the map, all together. In addition, we all had pretty strong start locations, with a GP farm for c_h and floodplains for emp and plenty of hills and food for me so we also had it balanced out.

Davo's lack of jungle expansion, and the Impi rush on the other Greece were also quite useful.

EDIT: Also, we avoided building wonders for most of the game, and when we did build them we made sure I did, being Industrious. IIRC, the only early-ish wonder we built was the Hanging Gardens, and that was because we had quite a lot of cities, and +1 pop in all was going to be a big advantage.

Great game to our Aussie friends. You played a fantastic game considering all the action on that continent.

Well played to Stapel and BCLG. We wanted to bring you into the fight against the other continent but couldn't figure out how to do that. :D

Fun game! Thanks everyone.

And Shane Robboo and I had decent starts and were rolling fairly well on the two teams that were between us and ANZAC, but we just never matched the tech pace and couldn't get substantial enough armies together to do more than defend against the first invasion while rolling up the AI'ed civs.

So congrats to Team ANZAC, and here are the final standings:

:trophy: Team ANZAC: Azzaman, Lord Parkin, Classical_Hero

:trophy2nd: Team Cranium: Whomp, Jericho, Beorn (conceded 12FEB)

:trophy3rd: Team C4: Shane, Robboo, IglooDude (eliminated 06FEB)

Team YetStillAnotherOneNeedingaName: KillerCane, Davo, Happy_Alex, Mauer (eliminated 31JAN)

Team Brawl: BCLG, Melifluous, Raisin (eliminated 27JAN)

Team AlsoNeedsaName: Rhymes, Darkness, Javy (eliminated 03JAN)

I will post some screenies. I was going to do some thumbnails, but it is not working for me so they will be big. Sorry about that.
As azza said with Emp and azza being able to focus mostly on military units, I was able to focus on getting my economy up and running. I was able to focus mainly on buildings and such so I basically had very little of an army for much of the early game. You can see this from looking at the early game power graph. Emp and Azza had a massive army and I was tiny in comparison. Here is the power graph for the first 150 turns. You can clearly see the different strategies within my team.

It was only towards the end of the game that I really needed to build up and army as you can see for a massive spike towards the end form about 1320AD. I think it was about then that I changed to Nationalism and started drafting units like crazy. Originally they wer going to be for the war with team C4, but since we were winning that war easily, I decided to keep them home and shore up the defences there.

As azza said I was about to fcous on growth and allow myself to be a GP farm. I think my capital will show you what we mean by that. Just have a look at all the GPP that i am generating in my capital of Perth. I am just so glad that ID was just scouting rather than having some troops when he came by my city. That was a big relief and it would have been very embarrassing to lose my city like that, but it did not happen and the rest is history. It was only being defended by warrior.

Due to the fact that I was in Mercantilsm and had the Statue of Liberty, I was able to have 12 GPP free per city, so that was very beneficial for me. Getting 88GPP has not happened to me in any game before,so I am thrilled about that. From this game I have learned that an SE is very workable since I am dead last as far as GNP goes in the Demographics screen, but I am doing very well from those beakers that Representation gives you. It is awesome what it has done for me, since my overall GNP with all those beakers means that I am very much ahead of even Emp, who has a great nominal GNP, being the highest of everyone. The first spike that we got was from getting Representation. You can clearly see that I was ver much behind and then I got much closer to Emp. The second spike of our whole team was when we got PP and the extra commerce.

One good thing that you guys did for us, was destroyed that city of Stapel's the commerce city that had us worried that we would lose out on getting the free tech From Liberalism, but that thanks to that were had a free reign and we were able to side track onto Printing Press and get greater commerce as a result, making getting Democracy much easier for us. So it was nice of you guys to help us out. But you did also cause us a few problems like when you found us via Caravels. That forced us to abandon our plans and go towards Optics early than we had planned. Also the razing of Ricors was not unplanned for, but that we just did not now where you guys were going to attack from so we just had to see where you first attacked. When I saw that you had scurried off, I nknew that the next target would have to be either Broome, which is my most western city or Perth, my capital. I had decided to just have a small force near Broom just in case you had decided to attack there but I focused most of my forces near Perth. In away it was good that azzaman had computer problems because I was able to get as many forces close to Perth as soon as I could. I am not too sure that azza would have sent some units my way, but he might have. Once I saw your fleet a few turns before you attacked, I knew that I had made the right choice and was pretty pleased about the trap that i had set for you to do. i had to make sure that an assault by sea would have been fruitless so forcing you to land where you did meant that I was able to first attack with as many cannons as possible and then finish off the rest of the troops with my Redcoats and cavs I had around. Leaving the forest there was a carrot for you guys, knowing that you would see the defensive bonus and go goody. It was a perfect plan that did succeed. But things could have been different had you attacked somewhere else.

Here is our continent as it stands now.

With our up coming plan were were going to get combustion and start to build up our navy with Destroyers and Transports and eventually takeover what we needed for the victory, since we were very close to domination victory. Once we had that we were going for military techs, such as Artillery, Assembly line and Industrialism and from there we would have easily won. But since it was clear we were on the path from earlier on, it was just a matter for us to clear our continent and then defending it would have been tough.

... again.

:lol:

My posting days at cfc are really coming to an end so my avvie doesn't bother me so much.

Good game guys, i knew team 'bears' chances we're screwed from the start when we couldnt reach RB. That and both team mates dropped out. Stapel luckily filled in for one! :)

i felt bad for the Bears in that they didn't start together, which was an advantage for us and a disadvantage for them. I guess we should have gone with a Panagea option.

Congratulations, well done guys. I would have liked to have the chance to play for the later part of the game, but unfortunately got too busy. It looks like you did a great job anyway though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom