CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

It seems that OverloadUT is currently inactive, does anyone know how to contact him, or how to copy the code of Civstats (it might be necessary to move it to another server).

Maybe it's useful information that the whole Civstats.com site was offline 2 days ago until the MySQL error appeared.

I have his contact email, so I've sent him a message there. Hopefully he'll get it fixed as soon as he can. :)

In the meantime, if you need a temporary replacement for Civstats while it's down, you could always try http://www.playyourturn.com/.

CivStats is a very useful site for the APT championship, played by an important amount of spanish speaking players.

I hope it will fixed soon :)

Hey guys,

I fixed the MySQL error issue. One of the tables went corrupt starting when you guys noticed the issue, so I had to restore from a backup from that time. It doesn't appear that this should have any major impact on your games, other than a gap in the game log. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Lord Parkin sent me an email about it days ago but unfortunately I was working at PAX East and so I didn't have any time or means to fix it then.

Let me know if you notice any more issues.

Thanks for fixing!

My civstats.log is full of
Code:
[...]
12.03.2011 18:18:52 - Unable to connect to server: www.civstats.com - Windows API WSAGetLasterror: 1
Really looks like a server issue.

Redarg
This was totally unrelated to the mySQL error issue.
It was a misconfigured DNS-Option on my pitboss server.
(/etc/resolv.conf pointed to a non-existent dns-server and the one listed in /etc/network/interfaces was not used as a backup.)
I just broke it at the same time.

Redarg

Thanks for the fix, Overload. :)

Also confirmed it's down. Messaged OverloadUT, hopefully he can fix it up soon. :)

For the record, the error I get is:

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

It's up again.

OverloadUT said: Yep! My host is currently looking in to it. It's a long downtime :(
Looks like it's fixed now, or at least for the time being.

Oh noes!!! What's wrong with civstats??? You know you play civ too much when you get a panic attack from civstats going down. :crazyeye:

Seems to have righted itself for now... :)

Quick question you guys.

Civstats shows the game logs for the last turn or two, (well at least it does for DoB with 18 players), is there a way to view earlier turns like say 5 or 10 turns ago?

I tried to PM OverloadUT but don't have board privileges to do so. Maybe need x amount of posts first?

Anyways if someone could help me out that would be great.

Yes, there is a way, but only for individual players. You click on the player name which you are interested in in the Player Summary table on civstats and it shows statistic for him only, which can be like 10 or more turns back.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone know how to enable/disable email notifications? When I try to save my preferences, it tells me "database error" or something like that. Or does anyone know one server that works? Thanks!

Does civstats work for anyone now? My game doesn't update, it doesn't even show that uploader has disconnected, but I see no problems in log file...

EDIT: It works partially, it doesn't register when uploader disconnects or connects and one player is shown as permanently online although he (me) isn't. Also it doens't register that player ending turns or chaning name... I will see what happens when all players end current turn.

EDIT: I found the solution and the problem. I don't know if this is already known but using some special characters in player name like ' will make uploader ignore that player when updating stats.

Is there any chance someone knows a more direct way to contact OverloadUT than a PM here?

We're trying to run an insane 34 player Pitboss at RealmsBeyond, and the CivStats uploader seems to run into an array out-of-range error with this many players.

Is there any chance someone knows a more direct way to contact OverloadUT than a PM here?

We're trying to run an insane 34 player Pitboss at RealmsBeyond, and the CivStats uploader seems to run into an array out-of-range error with this many players.

Hey there - I got your tweet! I uploaded a new version of the CivStats Uploader here:
http://civstats.com/downloads/CivStatsUploader_1.5.3.1.zip

However, please note that this is completely untested. I literally searched the code for "32", found a "Players" array defined as such, and changed it to 64. I haven't touched this code in 6 years (!!!) and I was honestly super surprised that it just compiled with no issues.

So, please let me know if it works!

I also updated the Readme with an email that actually works these days ;)

Top Bottom