Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are.

It's the ones who don't care that you have no hope of convincing, and shouldn't bother trying to.

Yes they are.

It's the ones who don't care that you have no hope of convincing, and shouldn't bother trying to.
To vote? Sure, maybe...to vote Democrat? No.

But more importantly... there are plenty who'd would reliably vote for Democrats if convinced to vote in the first place... who frankly, don't give a ratsqueeze about the environment... ignore those folks at your (our) peril.

And the ones who are going to vote third party at this point are also beyond convincing.

A third party can only come about if people first vote for it when it has no chance.
What is futile now may not be in the future. The alternative is a continuation of the current mess.
I think we should be encouraging people to vote for other than the two currently corrupt parties, not insulting them.

It seems your main objection is that it's more likely to hurt your corrupt party more than the other.

Regardless, if I believe my vote will matter, i will cast it for anybody that will make it easier for Trump to be beat. But in Illinois, that is already guaranteed so the grand gesture causes no harm.

A third party can only come about if people first vote for it when it has no chance.
What is futile now may not be in the future. The alternative is a continuation of the current mess.
I think we should be encouraging people to vote for other than the two currently corrupt parties, not insulting them.

It seems your main objection is that it's more likely to hurt your corrupt party more than the other.

Regardless, if I believe my vote will matter, i will cast it for anybody that will make it easier for Trump to be beat. But in Illinois, that is already guaranteed so the grand gesture causes no harm.
There has been one example of a successful third party, just before the civil war. When the dust settled, there was no Whig party.That is not an exciting precedent.

To vote? Sure, maybe...to vote Democrat? No.

But more importantly... there are plenty who'd would reliably vote for Democrats if convinced to vote in the first place... who frankly, don't give a ratsqueeze about the environment... ignore those folks at your (our) peril.

And the ones who are going to vote third party at this point are also beyond convincing.
Trump already grabbed a fistful or ten.

J

Ah, and now the battle for the tax returns resumes.

Wind Turbines (and LED lights) cause cancer
Coal is cleaned and dosnt cause cancer
Winning
/s

Certified Moron Donald Trump Thinks Wind Turbines “Cause Cancer”
Trump, who once likened wind turbines to the Lockerbie bombing, has a new conspiracy theory
President Donald Trump on Tuesday launched his latest wild attack on wind turbines, an energy source that has long attracted his ire.

“They say the noise causes cancer,” the president remarked of the turbines at the National Republican Congressional Committee fund-raiser in Washington, D.C. “If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations—your house just went down 75 percent in value.”

As virtually everyone on the Internet was quick to point out, out here, on planet Earth, cancer is not caused by noise, wind-induced or otherwise. Meanwhile, an energy source that does tend to cause health issues, as New York’s Jonathan Chait notes, “is coal, an extremely dirty fuel Trump loves and has attempted to bolster, with almost no success.

That same year, he warned that L.E.D. light bulbs cause cancer, and that one must “be careful,” because “the idiots who came up with this stuff don’t care.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/04/donald-trump-wind-power-causes-cancer

Last edited:
Wind Turbines (and LED lights) cause cancer
Coal is cleaned and dosnt cause cancer
Winning
/s
Moron-In-Chief said:
“If Hillary got in. . . you’d be doing wind. Windmills. Weee,” he told the crowd at a rally in Michigan last week during an aside that, were he not president, would be submitted as evidence to have him committed. “If it doesn’t blow, you can forget about television for that night. ‘Darling, I want to watch television.’ ‘I’m sorry! The wind isn’t blowing.’ I know a lot about wind.” So, really, it was only a matter of time before this happened:
:lmao:

Isn't that the kind of post Mouthwash would place in the Great Quotes thread to prove how tax-evadingly smart the prez is?

Ah, and now the battle for the tax returns resumes.

I don't think there is much of a battle here. The law is explicit on this point that Treasury is required to turn over any requested tax returns.

The only real grounds to challenge this, I think, would be on due process grounds. But that's an awfully low bar to clear (assuming of course that Justice Boofer isn't the deciding factor).

Well, right, but I mean, what form does the hammering take?
Face value?
Just call her a Native American.
Over and over again, as if it was the most natural thing.

Well, or what tim said.

Is this not at least somewhat likely? Surely the administration will try to quash this and I can easily see it going to the Supreme Court.

I'm not even sure Trump has grounds to challenge the action. There is no executive privilege in his tax returns, particularly from before he became president. There is no investigation or proceeding directly involving him from which the request was made, the investigation is into IRS audit procedure, so he may not even have standing to challenge the request.

Given that Roberts seems at least a little bit interested in retaining some sheen of legitimacy over his institution, I can't really imagine this would ever get heard at SCOTUS. There just isn't a case here to make.

It's not necessary to have actual grounds. You can simply kick the ball out of the field until you run out of time.

I.e. you keep delaying until after next year's election which is a year and a half away.

"I will not run for re-election if you keep my tax returns secret" is the deal America needs.

A president running to stay unindictable is like peak Rome.

A president running to stay unindictable is like peak Rome.

You have to figure there's something messed up about the whole situation when that's even an option. "In America no one is above the law...well, except the President...and his advisers...and except the military...and except the cops..."

The House has passed a resolution under the War Powers Act to order the depressident to stop assisting Saudi Arabia in its senseless war in Yemen.

[Bernie] Sanders added that the vote sends a “clear” message from Congress that the US “should not be led into war by a despotic, undemocratic, murderous regime”.​

Note that Sanders does not specify which regime it is.
(of course, the resolution is expected to be vetoed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom