Collated list of remaining issues

The settler cost going up needs to be eliminated

I totally disagree. Things need to step up as we progress in the game. Damn too easy and unchallenging otherwise

Good compilation Pietato. For a long time I found all the negativity on this forum annoying but I think with NFP this has become the most unstable version of CIV since the start of the series. If they really think this game finished and do not bring out a patch to fix most issues on this list, CIV 7 will be the first since CIV 1 (including all expansions) I will not spend my money on.

I guess they did add Loyalty bonuses to vanilla civs, so they could add a governor version of Satrapies. That would be nice, as it is quite lacking after the first era (like all domestic trade route bonuses).

I guess they did add Loyalty bonuses to vanilla civs, so they could add a governor version of Satrapies. That would be nice, as it is quite lacking after the first era (like all domestic trade route bonuses).

If anything, Spain should be the model now for domestic trade routes. By my reckoning, they are the only civilisation, with the extremely situational exception of Cree in some circumstances, that can effectively use domestic trade routes throughout the game. Perhaps Inca can as well, but only if you manage to nab Chinguetti.

If anything, Spain should be the model now for domestic trade routes. By my reckoning, they are the only civilisation, with the extremely situational exception of Cree in some circumstances, that can effectively use domestic trade routes throughout the game. Perhaps Inca can as well, but only if you manage to nab Chinguetti.

Chinguetti is insanely powerful. City-state balance is pretty bad, as well, but I thought that was a bit too much.

The settler cost going up needs to be eliminated

That would be very bad. A high faith civ could settle half the map with one Monumentality golden age...

Is the problem with DA fixed, where civs don't reconquer their flipped cities? In DA this means, that on large maps, Free cities overtake easily entire continents, as their loyalty pressure combines.

Pathing and being thrown out of a CS you have freed straight into the enemy territory both just suck.

Pathing, of course...bad one to forget.

Being kicked out of the CS territory is an interesting one. It screws you in this instance, but it also kicks out enemy troops when you declare war on an AI who is attacking your CS, often saving them.

Is the problem with DA fixed, where civs don't reconquer their flipped cities? In DA this means, that on large maps, Free cities overtake easily entire continents, as their loyalty pressure combines.

Have not played Dramatic Ages this patch. Does anyone know if Free Cities still reign supreme?

Being kicked out of the CS territory is an interesting one. It screws you in this instance, but it also kicks out enemy troops when you declare war on an AI who is attacking your CS, often saving them.

Being kicked out after declaring war and being kicked out after rescuing them are two different phenomena (from a gameplay perspective). I largely agree with the former to prevent abuse of OB, but the latter is not only immersion breaking but causes real issues with gameplay too. Once, they kicked me out and my weakened unit got put into range of both enemy encampment and walls. I was not pleased that they threw my unit to the wolves for having liberated them.

To add, I think end of treaty needs to be dealt with. It gets frustrating that when my OB/Alliance/whatever runs out, all my units get teleported out, even when both parties fully intend to renew. Either have a notification come up and give us the chance to renew before it ends so we can opt to have a continuous Alliance, or open up a renegotiation opportunity 5 turns before so I can go in and secure a renewal. Again, it's immersion breaking, especially to have it happen potentially upto every 6 turns, although I've yet to have it get a unit of mine killed.

Being kicked out after declaring war and being kicked out after rescuing them are two different phenomena (from a gameplay perspective). I largely agree with the former to prevent abuse of OB, but the latter is not only immersion breaking but causes real issues with gameplay too. Once, they kicked me out and my weakened unit got put into range of both enemy encampment and walls. I was not pleased that they threw my unit to the wolves for having liberated them.

To add, I think end of treaty needs to be dealt with. It gets frustrating that when my OB/Alliance/whatever runs out, all my units get teleported out, even when both parties fully intend to renew. Either have a notification come up and give us the chance to renew before it ends so we can opt to have a continuous Alliance, or open up a renegotiation opportunity 5 turns before so I can go in and secure a renewal. Again, it's immersion breaking, especially to have it happen potentially upto every 6 turns, although I've yet to have it get a unit of mine killed.

I do not think you get what I mean. An AI will have surrounded a CS you are suzerain of, and will be attacking them (at war). You declare war on that AI and all their units suddenly fly off out of the CS's territory, spread to every border, just like when you liberate a CS.

I'd like to mention some quality-of-life issues, because fixing those would objectively make the game more enjoyable without affecting the game's balance too much.

-You should be able to close borders from turn 1. It's infuriating that AI can trespass on your lands and block you from improving tiles, for example.

-Likewise you should be able to call out massed troops outside (or god fobid, inside) your borders and use a defensive casus belli. Right now you are treated as a warmonger when you are merely defending yourself from a blatant attack.

-You should be able to negotiate open borders with non-suzerained city-states, they hinder exploration too much.

-You should be able to pass through nonhostile city centers if you have open borders and enough MP to get to the other side, much like how you bypass tiles blocked by nonhostile units. It's particularly annoying to get past cities adjacent to rivers, because roads often go through the city center and the bridge is thus unusable.

-Liberating a city should give you at least temporary open borders for that city. Right now, your units get teleported out of position upon city capture (even if ti was a CS that you are now the suzerain of), and that can easily get them killed.

-You should be able to swap positions between units that have other units between them. This was possible in Civ V, but is gone from Civ VI for whatever reason. It makes shuffling units around extremely tedious and often limits your available moves. E.g if you want to rotate out a wounded blocker unit from the front, you may be forced to waste a turn of a ranged unit that is positioned between it and the reinforcing blocker unit that you want to move in from behind.

-The vanilla trade route interface is awful, it is not sortable at all and the rows are way too thick.

The last time I runned into it this mechanic even ignored the case of becoming Suzerain by liberating and having the Gunboat Diplomacy active :crazyeye:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-afterwards-running-gunboat-diplomacy.660470/

I do not think you get what I mean. An AI will have surrounded a CS you are suzerain of, and will be attacking them (at war). You declare war on that AI and all their units suddenly fly off out of the CS's territory, spread to every border, just like when you liberate a CS.
I can see what you mean, now. Thanks for explaining.

The last time I runned into it this mechanic even ignored the case of becoming Suzerain by liberating and having the Gunboat Diplomacy active :crazyeye:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-afterwards-running-gunboat-diplomacy.660470/
Never occurred to me, but you're right, GBD doesn't prevent it either. The code to expel units must be run before the code to implement open borders. I think GBD would be superfluous in this case - when you liberate a CS, you automatically become suzerain and so get OB anyway.

Actually they changed how restrictive the chateau is in the latest patch, instead of being adjacent to a river, it now needs to be adjecent to a bonus or luxury resource which makes it much easier to place down. (they now get bonus gold from being placed next to river instead of being next to luxury resources though).

It is still quite restrictive: they removed the River one for a Luxury/Bonus ressource AND not being adjacent to each other. Why both? Not being adjacent to each other is already pretty limitative: you can put it, at most, on 33% of the tiles. No need to add more!

The problems of the Château are the same for most unique tile improvement:
  1. Availability: Humanism is way too late. All tile improvements should be available early (Classical, maybe early Medieval) but at a weaker version. It will recover its full potential at its original unlocking technology or civic. Having to wait to unlock a tile improvement past your "Builder frenzy" (Feudalism + Monumentality) is out of timing.
  2. Restriction: one is enough, no need to add Bonus/Luxury resources in the mix! Instead, it could give additional bonuses when adjacent to Luxury bonuses. More generally, simplify the restriction to one, two at most if necessary.
    • Should all Civilizations have bias in order to have full potential of their UI? For example, France had Rivers, but now it needs Bonus/Luxury resource as well, should it need a bias toward this too? Same question with UU: Niter bias for England, France, Spain, the Netherlands...should be a thing? After all, the Ottomans did gain that bias with the last update...
  3. Uniqueness (optional): the Château suffers the comparison from the other Culture & Gold tile improvements. Should the bonuses / yields change in order to make it more unique?
I would love to see the Château and the Open-Air Museum at Feudalism with less bonuses. Same thing with the Golf Course and the Ice Hockey Rink at Games and Recreations. The Nubian Pyramids and the Ice Hockey Rink should be available on every biome but will only shine on Desert and Tundra. The Stepwell and the Terrace Farm could act like Farms in order to not break the Food adjacency. And so on...

For France, I believe it needs to be completely rethought. Not in order to make them “gamebreaking”, but more “flavorful”, “refreshing” and “less passive”. Currently, France is all about producing Wonders, milking them with Château that would give Tourism at Flight. Technically, it doesn’t sound bad, but the execution is meh: half the abilities are dedicated to this, and you need to count on the leaders to add variety to the gameplay. This gameplan should only take 1 ability. Sadly, building Wonders is not viable enough and they are not great Tourism generators. The game is really afraid of giving bonuses toward Wonders: mediocre Production boosts and Tourism, “Wish You Were Here” only gives +50% Tourism with Governors as restriction (National Parks are +100% without Governors…), while the Tourism modifiers act weirdly with Wonders. If you skip the Wonder game, your Châteaux end up weak. Basically, you are playing a blank Civilization with a late Garde Impériale if you skip the Wonder game, and only count on your leader ability to shine.

For me:
  • The Grand Tour ability should encompass all the french ability linked to Wonders. The Culture given by the Château from adjacent Wonders should be a "+5% Culture to the city for each Wonders it has". Looking at the new Mapuche's Toqui's ability, I believe there could be an interesting thing to be done here.
  • Château should be more unique and not be a "less flexible and worst Pairidaeza". For example: a Culture and Food one, something not done yet.

Spoiler Here some ideas of a rethought France :

GRAND TOUR
Cities gain +5% Food, +5% Culture, +10% Tourism and +10% Production towards Wonders and for each Wonders they have. Already built Wonders that are owned by France can be rebuilt to another city.

GARDE IMPÉRIALE
French unique Industrial era melee unit that replaces the Infantry Line and is unlocked with the Nationalism civic. Better Combat Strength at 70, it also gains +5 Combat Strength and +1 Movement when fighting on your capital’s continent. Combat victories provide Great General points equal to 25% of the base Combat Strength of the defeated unit (on Standard Speed).

CHÂTEAU
Once the Feudalism civic is discovered, unlocks the Builder ability to construct a Château.
+1 Culture, +1 Food, +0.5 Housing and +1 Appeal.
+1 Culture if next to a River.
+1 Food per adjacent Luxury resource.
+1 additional Food at Sanitation technology.
+1 additional Culture at Cultural Heritage civic.
Provides Tourism after researching Flight. Cannot be adjacent to another Château.

CATHERINE'S MAGNIFICENCES
Improved Luxury resources receive +1 Culture, up to +2 if adjacent to Theater Square districts. May initiate the Court Festival project in any city with a Theater Square district, yielding 10% of the Production cost as Culture and Tourism for each Luxury resources that she possesses.

COURT OF LOVE
All Great Works yield 1 Faith, 1 Loyalty and cause -1 Loyalty to foreign cities and non-suzerain City-States within 10 tiles. Each city skips the Free City step and joins Eleanor’s civilization if it rebels from Loyalty pressure but has received most of Loyalty pressure from her. No Diplomatic Favor penalty if a Capital joins Eleanor's civilization througth Loyalty pressure. +100% Great Musician points gained from all sources.

STARTING BIAS
  • Tier 3: River
  • Tier 5: Luxury ressources, Niter

EXPLANATION

Grand tour: Rebuilt wonders erase the original just as like you can rebuild a Wonder destroyed by Nuclear Strike. You can also conquer a city, rebuilt the Wonder to your wonder city, then ceded back the city wonderless. Bonuses triggering at completion, like the units from Statue of Zeus, do not activate again. It is rather gimmicky, but it gives flavor and it is an echo to the Liberty Statue: built in France, and assembled in USA. Or when the french stole, restole the Vogel Greif from the Germans and transform it into a wonderful Artifact (currently: the french is lending the Vogel Greif to the German...). Or when they moved out many buildings from the World Exhibition to different place like in Chili (Museo Artequin) or in Martinique (Bibliothèque Shoelcher). You could say that that new ability will probably lead to a one powerful cultural and populous city, further cemented by the ability to relocate Wonders to that city. But that's France and Paris in a nutshell!

Garde Impériale : It is the Napoléon unit. Since he was quite responsible of the rise of Nationalism that will lead to the creation of the Nation-State of Italy and Germany, while France being a Cultural civilization, putting the unit at Nationalism seems a good idea. Furthermore when you consider Napoléon himself created the Corps, unlocked at Nationalism, it seems to be even more fitting.
The biggest strength of Napoléon warfare was to be able to move quick and strike before the enemy could mobilize. I believe a +5 CS and +1 Movement is more fitting that an +10 on home continent. The Great General points now scale with the unit defeated, preventing to gain too much of them on a Barbarians island but the ability is stronger when defeating units with more than 40 CS. It also scals with Game Speed: the Marathon lovers would enjoy it.

Château: More flexible. Changed to a Culture & Food tile improvement in order to make it feels different than the Pairidaeza and the Great Wall that are Culture & Gold. The "wonder milking" strategy is removed, and was added directly in the Grand Tour ability. Worst as a Culture generator, but greater overall. It allows to remove Farms for something giving Culture in exchange, while being more interesting at setting National Parks.

Catherine Flying's Squadron: Same.

Catherine's Magnificence: The project takes all luxury now, and not only the duplicates, which will make it less frustrating but stronger. The power of the project is toned down: instead of giving 50 Culture/Tourism per luxury, it gives 10% of the Production cost. At 0% tech, it is a sad 6.5 Culture/Tourism per luxury, and reverts back to 50 Culture/Tourism at 50% tech or civic completed. It also means it gives 97.5 Culture/Tourism per luxury once all tech/civic are discovered! It will make early victory harder, and late victory earlier. The Culture from luxury is made available earlier. You can now enjoy it from the start at +1 Culture (like Gaul's Mines), and get back to +2 with Theatre Square. Since the Château is more flexible, I removed it from the ability. Also, if a Leader Switcheroo game mode is showing up, then it will work better!
It raises a new question: only Mines and Plantations and Pasture are eligible for Tourism from Culture at Flight. Mines are a recent addition due to Gaul have Culture on Mines. Should the list expand to all Tile Improvement on Luxury Resources? Which would add Quarry for marble and gypsum, Camp for furs, ivory, truffles and honey, and Fishing Boats for whales, pearls, amber and turtles.

Court of Love: I just added +1 Faith and +1 Loyalty to Great Work. Sometimes, you couldn't keep the city that flipped to you: the +1 Loyalty per GW could prevent that. It would be a better ability for England: it could manage Loyalty issue with Great Work more easily. I wanted to give her some Rock Bands to emulate Troubadours/Trobairitz, but I settled to some regular +100% GPP. I also make sure to prevent to flip City-State to you if you are Suzerain.

Gameplay: This new France has a quite unique gameplay. You want to dedicate 2 or 3 cities at Wonder building. Each new Wonder will further increase the city at being Populous, Cultural and Touristic. For example, if Paris has 5 Wonders, it would have +25% Food, +25% Culture, +50% Tourism and +50% Production toward Wonders. The more you build, the more broken it gets: the Tourism modifier is not specific to Wonders: it works also to Great Works or National Parks for example. What's even more incredible would be the ability to relocate Wonders. Oracle was taken by a Civilization? Start a war, conquer the City, Paris is available at rebuild it so it built it, then give back the city in order to not have much Grievances (or not: you can keep it too, or lost it to Loyalty).
It synergizes well with the new Château which is all about Culture and Food. There are basically workable Farms that manage to get extra Culture to climb that Civic tree faster. You could even get a 2 Culture 2+ Food per Château if you manage the adjacency well, while being a nice 3 Culture 3+ Food by the end game. Even if it comes earlier (Feudalism), it is quite late (but unlocking it at Construction would be a little too much).
Thanks to its impressive Culture, it would allow France to unlock the Garde Impériale earlier, by getting yourself at Nationalism as quickly as possible. It would allow to either conquer the continent and steal even more Wonders, or as a formidable tool to defend your territory.

The Black Queen is the same: she has +3 CS from Diplomatic Visibility, allowing here to be some light warmonger, and better/earlier Spy game in order to catch-up on other civilization.
The Magnificent changed: the Culture from Luxury resources kicks in earlier allowing her to get the first governments earlier, and have some nice early Culture climbing potential. We could hope they add the Quarries, the Fishing Boats and the Camp to be able to yield Tourism at Flight for even more Tourism. The project is made less effective in the early game, but it revert back to its original power around the Industrial era, and is almost twice as powerful once you completed the tech tree. Since the project is also giving Culture, doing the project over and over again do not harm your ability to yield Tourism, and you no longer need to time it with tatical chop anymore/
Eleanor of Aquitaine is "fixed" and "improved". She no longer face Diplomatic Favor penalty if she manages to conquer a Capital city with Loyalty pressure, while her ability is no longer working on City-State that she's suzerain. This would make her way more satisfying to use. She also get some pocket Faith from GW while being able to get Great Musician twice as fast. I do not believe it changes a lot, but it would at least make her more viable in the early game with some Monumentality or Religious game.
France is

Last edited:
Issues that probably won't be fixed

Game balanced around only standard speed
Any map size beyond standard leads to LOOOONG end turns essentially stopping the game before you get to the end era's
By the time you reach the modern era you already know who will win the game
Most of the content added in the last year were gimmicks
The AI does not matter to the devs, they consider this a multiplayer game, which is why they never added full modding support..... mods to execs obsessed with multiplayer equals cheating.

If civ7 is anything like civ6 and it does not fix the above.... this series is dead.

My own personal suspicion as to why they didn’t release the DLL is because of the legacy of Vox Populi. I heard Civ 6 only recently eclipsed concurrent Civ 5 users in Gathering Storm. I think they want to avoid people sticking with the prior installment due to modders having more time to focus on AI than Firaxis itself .

Also, I think it’s obvious they did design 6 with MP more in mind than prior installments

It is still quite restrictive: they removed the River one for a Luxury/Bonus ressource AND not being adjacent to each other. Why both? Not being adjacent to each other is already pretty limitative: you can put it, at most, on 33% of the tiles. No need to add more!

1. Availability: Humanism is way too late. All tile improvements should be available early (Classical, maybe early Medieval) but at a weaker version. It will recover its full potential at its original unlocking technology or civic. Having to wait to unlock a tile improvement past your "Builder frenzy" (Feudalism + Monumentality) is out of timing.
  2. Restriction: one is enough, no need to add Bonus/Luxury resources in the mix! Instead, it could give additional bonuses when adjacent to Luxury bonuses. More generally, simplify the restriction to one, two at most if necessary.
    • Should all Civilizations have bias in order to have full potential of their UI? For example, France had Rivers, but now it needs Bonus/Luxury resource as well, should it need a bias toward this too? Same question with UU: Niter bias for England, France, Spain, the Netherlands...should be a thing? After all, the Ottomans did gain that bias with the last update...
  3. Uniqueness (optional): the Château suffers the comparison from the other Culture & Gold tile improvements. Should the bonuses / yields change in order to make it more unique?
I would love to see the Château and the Open-Air Museum at Feudalism with less bonuses. Same thing with the Golf Course and the Ice Hockey Rink at Games and Recreations. The Nubian Pyramids and the Ice Hockey Rink should be available on every biome but will only shine on Desert and Tundra. The Stepwell and the Terrace Farm could act like Farms in order to not break the Food adjacency. And so on...

For France, I believe it needs to be completely rethought. Not in order to make them “gamebreaking”, but more “flavorful”, “refreshing” and “less passive”. Currently, France is all about producing Wonders, milking them with Château that would give Tourism at Flight. Technically, it doesn’t sound bad, but the execution is meh: half the abilities are dedicated to this, and you need to count on the leaders to add variety to the gameplay. This gameplan should only take 1 ability. Sadly, building Wonders is not viable enough and they are not great Tourism generators. The game is really afraid of giving bonuses toward Wonders: mediocre Production boosts and Tourism, “Wish You Were Here” only gives +50% Tourism with Governors as restriction (National Parks are +100% without Governors…), while the Tourism modifiers act weirdly with Wonders. If you skip the Wonder game, your Châteaux end up weak. Basically, you are playing a blank Civilization with a late Garde Impériale if you skip the Wonder game, and only count on your leader ability to shine.

For me:
  • The Grand Tour ability should encompass all the french ability linked to Wonders. The Culture given by the Château from adjacent Wonders should be a "+5% Culture to the city for each Wonders it has". Looking at the new Mapuche's Toqui's ability, I believe there could be an interesting thing to be done here.
  • Château should be more unique and not be a "less flexible and worst Pairidaeza". For example: a Culture and Food one, something not done yet.

GRAND TOUR
Cities gain +5% Food, +5% Culture, +10% Tourism and +10% Production towards Wonders and for each Wonders they have. Already built Wonders that are owned by France can be rebuilt to another city.

CHÂTEAU
Once the Feudalism civic is discovered, unlocks the Builder ability to construct a Château.
Provides Tourism after researching Flight. Cannot be adjacent to another Château.

Improved Luxury resources receive +1 Culture, up to +2 if adjacent to Theater Square districts. May initiate the Court Festival project in any city with a Theater Square district, yielding 10% of the Production cost as Culture and Tourism for each Luxury resources that she possesses.

COURT OF LOVE
All Great Works yield 1 Faith, 1 Loyalty and cause -1 Loyalty to foreign cities within 10 tiles. Each city skips the Free City step and joins Eleanor’s civilization if it rebels from Loyalty pressure but has received most of Loyalty pressure from her. +50% Great Musician points gained from all sources.

EXPLANATION

Grand tour: Rebuilt wonders erase the original just as like you can rebuild a Wonder destroyed by Nuclear Strike. You can also conquer a city, rebuilt the Wonder to your wonder city, then ceded back the city wonderless. Bonuses triggering at completion, like the units from Statue of Zeus, do not activate again. It is rather gimmicky, but it gives flavor and it is an echo to the Liberty Statue: built in France, and assembled in USA. Or when the french stole, restole the Vogel Greif from the Germans and transform it into a wonderful Artifact (currently: the french is lending the Vogel Greif to the German...). Or when they moved out many buildings from the World Exhibition to different place like in Chili (Museo Artequin) or in Martinique (Bibliothèque Shoelcher). You could say that that new ability will probably lead to a one powerful cultural and populous city, further cemented by the ability to relocate Wonders to that city. But that's France and Paris in a nutshell!

Garde Impériale : Same.

Château: More flexible. Changed to a Culture & Food tile improvement in order to make it feels different than the Pairidaeza and the Great Wall that are Culture & Gold. The "wonder milking" strategy is removed, and was added directly in the Grand Tour ability. Worst as a Culture generator, but greater overall. It allows to remove Farms for something giving Culture in exchange, while being more interesting at setting National Parks.

Catherine's Magnificence: The project takes all luxury now, and not only the duplicates, which will make it less frustrating but stronger. The power of the project is toned down: instead of giving 50 Culture/Tourism per luxury, it gives 10% of the Production cost. At 0% tech, it is a sad 6.5 Culture/Tourism per luxury, and reverts back to 50 Culture/Tourism at 50% tech or civic completed. It also means it gives 97.5 Culture/Tourism per luxury once all tech/civic are discovered! It will make early victory harder, and late victory earlier. The Culture from luxury is made available earlier. You can now enjoy it from the start at +1 Culture (like Gaul's Mines), and get back to +2 with Theatre Square. Since the Château is more flexible, I removed it from the ability. Also, if a Leader Switcheroo game mode is showing up, then it will work better!

Court of Love: I just added +1 Faith and +1 Loyalty to Great Work. Sometimes, you couldn't keep the city that flipped to you: the +1 Loyalty per GW could prevent that. It would be a better ability for England: it could manage Loyalty issue with Great Work more easily. I wanted to give her some Rock Bands to emulate Troubadours/Trobairitz, but I settled to some regular +50% GPP.

France has always relied entirely on their leader, which is lame, especially when Eleanor starts away from others, etc.

- mods with a lot of graphical assets not supported anymore
- large maps not supported anymore (which make civ6 maps the smallest since civ1, even civ2 could handle larger maps)

What the frack is this game engine even consuming all those resources to do!!

It certainly isn’t the AI
It certainly isn’t sophisticated economic, social, diplomatic, science or government models, since you can literally reproduce all of those with carboard squares and cards

Good compilation Pietato. For a long time I found all the negativity on this forum annoying but I think with NFP this has become the most unstable version of CIV since the start of the series. If they really think this game finished and do not bring out a patch to fix most issues on this list, CIV 7 will be the first since CIV 1 (including all expansions) I will not spend my money on.

I think the money I would have spent on Civ7 is going to end up going towards a cheap computer and Civ4

I have put a LOT of hours and effort into making Civ6 work for me, but when a smart phone port of Civ Rev 2 gives me a more interesting experience I guess it’s time to give up

Well, one can always hope. The Snyder cut did come out and wouldn't have expected fans to get what they wanted. So thanks @Pietato for compiling all that!

Well maybe if the DLL gets released we will get a @Gedemon Cut or something

Pathing and being thrown out of a CS you have freed straight into the enemy territory both just suck.

Pathing, of course...bad one to forget.

You know what is absolutly enfuriating? Other games have had this sort of mechanic and are smart enough to TELEPORT YOUR UNITS TO THE NEAREST FRIENDLY SQUARE. Which gets rid of this ridiculous BS

One game this happened to me and my army got teleported into a sandwitch situation between mountains and a hostile Gaul with tons of walls and oppidums, so the other incredibly stupid mechanic of Ranged Strikes meant they got shot to pieces with no possibility of escape or even fighting back

Absolutly redonkulus design

I'd like to mention some quality-of-life issues, because fixing those would objectively make the game more enjoyable without affecting the game's balance too much.

-You should be able to close borders from turn 1. It's infuriating that AI can trespass on your lands and block you from improving tiles, for example.

-Likewise you should be able to call out massed troops outside (or god fobid, inside) your borders and use a defensive casus belli. Right now you are treated as a warmonger when you are merely defending yourself from a blatant attack.

-You should be able to negotiate open borders with non-suzerained city-states, they hinder exploration too much.

-You should be able to pass through nonhostile city centers if you have open borders and enough MP to get to the other side, much like how you bypass tiles blocked by nonhostile units. It's particularly annoying to get past cities adjacent to rivers, because roads often go through the city center and the bridge is thus unusable.

-Liberating a city should give you at least temporary open borders for that city. Right now, your units get teleported out of position upon city capture (even if ti was a CS that you are now the suzerain of), and that can easily get them killed.

-You should be able to swap positions between units that have other units between them. This was possible in Civ V, but is gone from Civ VI for whatever reason. It makes shuffling units around extremely tedious and often limits your available moves. E.g if you want to rotate out a wounded blocker unit from the front, you may be forced to waste a turn of a ranged unit that is positioned between it and the reinforcing blocker unit that you want to move in from behind.

-The vanilla trade route interface is awful, it is not sortable at all and the rows are way too thick.

For me:

GRAND TOUR

CHÂTEAU

COURT OF LOVE
All Great Works yield 1 Faith, 1 Loyalty and cause -1 Loyalty to foreign cities within 10 tiles. Each city skips the Free City step and joins Eleanor’s civilization if it rebels from Loyalty pressure but has received most of Loyalty pressure from her. +50% Great Musician points gained from all sources.

EXPLANATION

Garde Impériale : Same.

Court of Love: I just added +1 Faith and +1 Loyalty to Great Work. Sometimes, you couldn't keep the city that flipped to you: the +1 Loyalty per GW could prevent that. It would be a better ability for England: it could manage Loyalty issue with Great Work more easily. I wanted to give her some Rock Bands to emulate Troubadours/Trobairitz, but I settled to some regular +50% GPP.

If your civ bonuses don’t apply in the first couple eras they might as well not exist, as the game is usually decided by then

I see this thread and it blows my mind how butt was this game regarding balancing and bug fixing. They really couldn't bother.

And mind you i don't blame the devs, i like to think they would have liked to improve the game. I blame the company decisions. That being said i can't help but find hypocritical and hollow PR the "cheery, happy" dev videos and the thread saying "thank you"

My own personal suspicion as to why they didn’t release the DLL is because of the legacy of Vox Populi. I heard Civ 6 only recently eclipsed concurrent Civ 5 users in Gathering Storm. I think they want to avoid people sticking with the prior installment due to modders having more time to focus on AI than Firaxis itself .

Also, I think it’s obvious they did design 6 with MP more in mind than prior installments

"Recently" sort-of. If you check Steam Charts - which of course by their nature do not include console players - Civilisation 6 concurrent players overtook those for 5 briefly around base game release and the release of Rise and Fall, and permanently as of October 2018. So, three years ago give-or-take. I do not think it is that big of a concern really, considering that regardless of how many concurrent players there are, a very many people bought the game.

Top Bottom