Colonization Base Land Terrain including Marsh for BtS

johny smith

Deity
I just figured I would give this a shot I may update it in the future. I added the Colonization art defines for terrain art and added the marsh to the terrain infos. Then I also updated the map generator script and raised the percentages for the marsh and plains.

Anyway I hope it might be of some interest and use.

Download link.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10820

Updated October 5, 2008

Oh a note I did not add the text. I did not change the yield values yet. And I had to comment out the balanced resources script for now.

Interesting! :) What resources and yields might be appropriate for marsh? I'm thinking sugar and oil... Should also have at least a 50% defense bonus.

Ya I am thinking rice for the marsh. Plains for wheat, and grasslands for corn. But besides I am hoping to get improvements to give a quantity of the resource in the future.

I want to make something Stone Age style that the plants and animals that become domesticated are not available as bonuses but can instead can be planted through an improvement. And then a building in a city can convert the resources to food and hammers.

Anyway here it is to played with.

Ya I am thinking rice for the marsh. Plains for wheat, and grasslands for corn. But besides I am hoping to get improvements to give a quantity of the resource in the future.

With many resources is problem because game placed head resources as first and resources on list end are not always on map. Maybe is possible solve it by some script... I don´t know. I´m not programmer... :(

I want to make something Stone Age style that the plants and animals that become domesticated are not available as bonuses but can instead can be planted through an improvement. And then a building in a city can convert the resources to food and hammers.

Anyway here it is to played with.

Yes it is good idea same as with your rapture :)

EDIT: BTW still yesterday evening I was add marsh to my mod :) With trying I can see, marsh is placed near lakes. On my mind are marshes lengthways rivers...

Did you add the marsh terrain to the CIV4BonusInfos.xml for the different bonuses? I will try it when I get a chance and see.

Code:
                        <Yields>
				<YieldIntegerPair>
					<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
					<iValue>2</iValue>
				</YieldIntegerPair>
				<YieldIntegerPair>
					<YieldType>YIELD_SUGAR</YieldType>
					<iValue>3</iValue>
				</YieldIntegerPair>
			</Yields>
			<RiverYieldIncreases>
				<YieldIntegerPair>
					<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
					<iValue>1</iValue>
				</YieldIntegerPair>
				<YieldIntegerPair>
					<YieldType>YIELD_SUGAR</YieldType>
					<iValue>1</iValue>
				</YieldIntegerPair>
			</RiverYieldIncreases>

The yields for colonizations are 2 Food and 3 Sugar. And then 1 more Food and 1 more Sugar with a river.

I updated the file. I added some yields, and added the text for the marsh. I added the marsh terrain for jungles and forest. Then I changed the resources so that they generate on the map. I hope the combinations are good. So for example rice is only on marsh now. Then added the corresponding info to the improvements as well. I hope you enjoy it.

What I really want is a mod that uses the graphically improved terrain for Civ 4, including the graphics for colonization's improvements like mines and farms. What I mean is, I'd like to be able to play the base game of Civ4, but see the more aesthetically pleasing Colonization terrain. Do you think this is possible?

Did you add the marsh terrain to the CIV4BonusInfos.xml for the different bonuses? I will try it when I get a chance and see.

No, Johny, I added March as terrais as you wrote it :) but because game has problem with many resources, is a new terrain type good solve as help to game make placing of resources :):)

BTW, maybe I made error but Marsh is now on hills too. Is possible write restriction no place marsch on hills?

@SoupLLJK
Well the improvements may work I have not tried yet. There is a different art system for the trees I know for sure anyway. The water reflections will not work from Colonization.

@Hrochland
It has know bonuses on the marsh I added the files. And the green on the hills I think is all grassland. I just used what was in colonization for it. That is why. It might be possible to change it, but it would take some more work anyway.

Thank you very much for this modcomp! I succesfully implemented it into my mod :).

However, I have one issue with it. I'm not sure if it's something related to the modcomp, or if it's my fault. Could you have a look at it?

Here's a screenshot.
The problem is that the marsh looks fine when you start a game, but when you add some marsh through the worldbuilder (which I did for testing purposes) it looks really weird. Like it's underwater or something.

Thanks for the praise. I did not look enough probably into the worldbuilder files. There is something that I probably did not merge yet, and will look at when I can. Thanks for the information though. I do not know why I did not look at it yet.

Chiyu, I'm pretty sure that's caused because in the terrain xml file peaks and hills are set to graphical only and the marsh terrain coming after them causes some confusion in the worldbuilder. it fixed on mine by just moving the marsh terrain to the very top of the xml above even grass.

One more thing, sorry,

Do you think you can add the marsh python to these map scripts:

View attachment Map Scripts.7z

It's the custom continents and islands and sea highlands map types

Top Bottom