Colonization Base Land Terrain including Marsh for BtS

Yes you are right about the xml. I fixed now and sent it up. I will look at the map scripts when I can. Thanks for the info on the fix.

i was able to get continents and islands to work correctly by commenting out some code.

thanks for the great modcomp

How can I add this to the base Civilization files so that it generates marsh tiles? I can't even get it to show up in World Builder. I got all the textures working though.

Its quite ugly in my opinion, and its missing the only thing I thought looked better in colonization, the water.

I guess somepeople liked it enough to make it part of their mod, but i a thousand times prefer Blue Marble, sorry.

I just want the water. I don't expect anyone to upload it, I already have col, but if someone could explain how it's done I'd be really happy. I can't find a water.nif like what's used in civ. There's a water.dds, but it doesn't give the whole effect.

There's a folder called waves, with a bunch of nifs called coast_wave_## ... is that it?

I would also like to see this for PerfectWorld2.

And regarding the water; I think it has been discussed in the past and its basically not possible. I don't know exactly why but I am pretty sure the water from Col is not compatible with Civ4 at all.

Its quite ugly in my opinion, and its missing the only thing I thought looked better in colonization, the water.

I guess somepeople liked it enough to make it part of their mod, but i a thousand times prefer Blue Marble, sorry.

You can overwrite the land art with the "Blue Marble Colonization pack".

With the water in Colonization it has newer shaders is why.

I really do not know that much about map scripts. This file just has stuff commented out of the maps, and actually added the marsh to the main map generator. This just adds to the default list of terrains created. I just commented out the bonus balancer in the public maps. So I am not sure what the map script changes in perfect world 2. I have not looked at it.

Wow, you were fast. I was just going to remove my last post. I forgot that I had a program do to that very thing, just inactive and zipped. I've now unzipped the download. It has two folders in it a "public maps" folder and an "assets" folder. What do I do, merge the contents with the existing "assets" and "public maps" folders?

No, you go to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods, create a new folder in there (name does not really matter) and then you move the both folders inside that new folder. Then start BtS -> advanced -> load a mod -> choose the mod you've just created.

Top Bottom