Combined Civilization's Mods and Tweaks (CCMAT)

My changes:
  • New game paces (Legendary - 3000turns, Marathon (with faster production), Epic (with faster production))
  • Set up screen shows how long game will takes turns and how big is map.
  • New config.lua file to customizing UI and mods

• (bold part) = Hey, complete mod-novis here, how do I change that? And only that, Im not much of a mod-guy but I would certainally like to have a somewhat faster pace at completling stuff. Maybe 75% of current or something.

Can someone tell me what file(s) and what I need to change in them please?

Setting the show Golden Age progress to false in config.lua doesn't work for me. It still shows (for example: x/1500) at the top.

(bold part) = Hey, complete mod-novis here, how do I change that? And only that, Im not much of a mod-guy but I would certainally like to have a somewhat faster pace at completling stuff. Maybe 75% of current or something.
Can someone tell me what file(s) and what I need to change in them please?
search for gamespeeds.xml :)

Setting the show Golden Age progress to false in config.lua doesn't work for me. It still shows (for example: x/1500) at the top.
Thanks for post this bug :) I'll check this.

Hey Jooyo, i'm playing my current game with your modpack (no other mods enabled) and its great :goodjob:! One weird thing though (and i'm pretty sure its not intentional but when I research the optics which allows my units to embark. Units which were built pre-optics don't receive the "embarkation promotion". This means that in order for them to be able to embark I have to burn a promo.

So even if this is intentional, there's 3 problems here:
1. I can't embark my great general and send him with my troops overseas! :cry: (same for settlers + workers)
2. Once I give 1 unit of a certain type the embarkation promotion. All my other units of that type receive the promotion automatically. (i.e, I have 8 horsemen, none of them can embark. I then promote one to embarkation, now all of them can! (but swords, chariot archers etc. still can't))

Not sure where this is coming from but its just one small blotch on an otherwise stellar modpack!

Hey Jooyo, i'm playing my current game with your modpack (no other mods enabled) and its great :goodjob:! One weird thing though (and i'm pretty sure its not intentional but when I research the optics which allows my units to embark. Units which were built pre-optics don't receive the "embarkation promotion". This means that in order for them to be able to embark I have to burn a promo.

So even if this is intentional, there's 3 problems here:
1. I can't embark my great general and send him with my troops overseas! :cry: (same for settlers + workers)
2. Once I give 1 unit of a certain type the embarkation promotion. All my other units of that type receive the promotion automatically. (i.e, I have 8 horsemen, none of them can embark. I then promote one to embarkation, now all of them can! (but swords, chariot archers etc. still can't))

Not sure where this is coming from but its just one small blotch on an otherwise stellar modpack!
thanks for your good words :) I don't know why embark works this way, maybe patch will resolve this issue, but I'll also test is this comming from my mod.

Whoops, my mistake. The golden age works correctly. I was mistaking the Great Person progress for it.

thanks for your good words :) I don't know why embark works this way, maybe patch will resolve this issue, but I'll also test is this comming from my mod.

Pretty certain this is coming from your mod. Didn't happen in my last, unmodded game. This time i'm only running your mod. Otherwise everything's running smoothly.

Small Problem: 2/3rd of the Ranged XP portion of the "Barbarian and Ranged XP Mod" don't work, and have never worked (even in the original), because the define names are mispelled "EXPERIANCE" instead of "EXPERIENCE". The two are DEFENDING_UNIT and ATTACKING_CITY. I checked the database table Defines, and it's spelled correctly there.

I'll PM the author of that (RikkiA) also.

EDIT: Never mind, no Private Messaging on these forums? Oh well, anybody knows how to contact RikkiA, let him know.

Mod should be available in browser :)
For those who has problems with browser file is available here: Combined Civilization's Mods and Tweaks (CCMAT) (v 7)
File must be placed in mods folder and then installed through browser.

For those who has problems with browser
this may be
:) THE SOLUTION
I found on the 2K Forum:

if you are using a router, and the router has its own firewall on, it causes problems.
At your own risk of course :badcomp: turn off your router's firewall, BUT not the windows one!

Well, I hope it helps some of you,
Greetings
Viator

Pretty certain this is coming from your mod. Didn't happen in my last, unmodded game. This time i'm only running your mod. Otherwise everything's running smoothly.
Ok so I'll check this out.
EDIT: In my modpack is only one mod that changes Embark - "Balance - Embarkation". Maybe just try to remove this mod from ModMods folder.

Small Problem: 2/3rd of the Ranged XP portion of the "Barbarian and Ranged XP Mod" don't work, and have never worked (even in the original), because the define names are mispelled "EXPERIANCE" instead of "EXPERIENCE". The two are DEFENDING_UNIT and ATTACKING_CITY. I checked the database table Defines, and it's spelled correctly there.
Thanks! I'll fix this.
EDIT: Ranged XP is not enabled in this mod so only higher exp cap works

For those who has problems with browser
this may be
:) THE SOLUTION
I found on the 2K Forum:

if you are using a router, and the router has its own firewall on, it causes problems.
At your own risk of course :badcomp: turn off your router's firewall, BUT not the windows one!

Well, I hope it helps some of you,
Greetings
Viator
Maybe new Patch will fix that so I'll don't need to upload mods manually. BTW I have router with firewall enabled and I never had a problems with Mods Browser. Maybe I'm lucky ;)

New version available through mods browser
Changes:
Code:
v.8
- new ModMod: Gradual Research (v 4)
- new ModMod: Balance - Units (v 1)
- new ModMod: Resource Discovery (v 1)
- new Integrated: Improved Demographics (v 3)
- new Integrated: InfoAddict (v 2)
- new Integrated: Emigration (v 1) (can be enabled through config.lua, default: disabled)
- new Integrated: Random Events (v 6) (can be enabled through config.lua, default: disabled)
- new Integrated: TreeGrowth (v 3) (can be enabled through config.lua, default: disabled)
- updated ModMod: R.E.D modpack dev (v 2)
- updated ModMod: Unofficial Patch II (v 19)
- fixed: city banners should display culture meter now
- fixed: Legend game speed should now works without crashes
- new: added game pace Legend with faster production
- changed: decreased research speed on maraton and epic with faster production game paces
- changed: decreased growth speed on maraton and epic with faster production game paces
- fixed: Science Gain Info at TopPanel should now display gain

Jooyo,

I was reading about some peeps have issues when they start a game that they crash to desktop i run in to the same issue. Tho i did some tests.

Giga(map) + Epic(normal speed)+ 32citystates + abundant reso (works) - Task manager shows 1.7GB mem used for civ

Giga(map) + Legendary(Speed) +32 citystates + Abundant reso (crashes) saw it go up to around 1.8 before crash

Giga(map) + Marathon(normal speed)+32 citystates + abundant reso (works) 1.8Gb

This is some tests i just did in the middle of the night :p But its odd i run 4gb mem on a E8400 3.23Ghz with ATI 4890 card so i would think it should be no problem to run bigger :p

I have no clue how civ loads the game but dose it actually load everything at once ?
Maybe that can help some peeps that run in to the same problem. (and yes only your mod running)

Also i forgot to mention the last case here i tested failed first time when i had msn(open not minimized) and a browser up seems to be something with mem usage at least from what i can see.
Edit ^^ And now i read the post above and should test that before posting hehe ^^ will try it later tonight :p

New version available through mods browser
Changes:
Code:
[B]v.8[/B]

Minor point of attention:
You forgot to update the description of the MOD. :p
If you click on the MOD it says Version: 6 -
Something to keep in mind for the next version.

By the way, I really miss the possibility to actually see in the game playing which mods, versions etc you use in that game. In Civ4 (anyway in RoM-AND MOD) you could see that by moving your cursor over the lower middle panel in the screen.

It is not compatible with saves of older versions. Time to start a new game!

:goodjob: IMHO the CCMA MOD is one of the best ways to play CiV5 without as less annoyance as possible at the moment...

Greetings,
Viator

Jooyo,

I was reading about some peeps have issues when they start a game that they crash to desktop i run in to the same issue. Tho i did some tests...............

We had a discussion about the amount of memory and the largitude of the saves in the thread of the enormous Civ4 ROM-AND MOD (Rise of Mankind 2 plus ModMOD A new Dawn).
Hope to save you a lot of research by pointing the direction to it :
Larger Saves often crash if you try to load them from in an existing game - and it is well documented. The generally accepted theory is that ........
See the thread for the total discussion.

By the way, IMHO the Civ4 ROM-AND MOD (Rise of Mankind 2 plus ModMOD A new Dawn) is the best you can get for Civ4 if you like the historic reality game.
At the moment you can read along witth / join those guys preparing for a MOD like that for CiV5.
Could be very interesting for you guys too.
Rise of Mankind -mod for Civ 5

As you may know I originally spent 7-8 months in designing the tech tree for Civ 4: Rise of Mankind and when redesigned it 1 year later it took another 2 months to make. Now for Civ 5 this task will be much simpler since we can use the stuff from RoM's BtS version but there's many techs that I discarded because I didn't have stuff to fill them but since there's so many RoM modmods we could get some ideas for new techs...

It will take time to play Civ 5 first and learn all the new features in it. For this reason, nothing is set in stone yet and we shall discuss all kinds of new ideas that might be possible to implement in Civ 5.

Greetings,
Viator

Minor point of attention:
You forgot to update the description of the MOD. :p
If you click on the MOD it says Version: 6 -
Something to keep in mind for the next version.
Where you see this? I checked it right now and it says: version: 8 :) Maybe you have previous version?

Where you see this? I checked it right now and it says: version: 8 :) Maybe you have previous version?

I see it in the MOD-Browser under the TAB Installed.
When I went from 6 to 7, it kept saying "nr.6-".
Then I promoted ;) to 8 and it still says "nr.6-".
Can be something wrong in my browser or ....
Nothing to lie awake about :)
That is why I mentioned the possibility to see in-game which versions and MODs you are actually playing ...
So I think I am playing nr.8 because I cannot load it anymore.
It's a minor point... Nr.8 is very enjoyable :D

I see it in the MOD-Browser under the TAB Installed.
When I went from 6 to 7, it kept saying "nr.6-".
Then I promoted ;) to 8 and it still says "nr.6-".
Can be something wrong in my browser or ....
Nothing to lie awake about :)
That is why I mentioned the possibility to see in-game which versions and MODs you are actually playing ...
So I think I am playing nr.8 because I cannot load it anymore.
It's a minor point... Nr.8 is very enjoyable :D
It should be "8" if you have "6" you need to press delete button as long as it doesn't says "8" ;) Game doesn't update mods automatically

Great work combining the mods. Please add release dates to your versions in the list.

Top Bottom