Common Errors and/or Crashes Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which won't even let me play a new game now. I'm going to have to Dump the Mod and Unpack the D/L's zip and start from scratch. Swapping .dll's has just aggravated the problem. :/

JosEPh

ah no, i have that one from sep 30 because it is the latest one in the update thread. :sad:

Ok. I can't post the latest for you, because it's inter-twined with various XML changes, so I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you until V18 launches in about a week's time.

Of course you can always get the current state of play from SVN if you have time to make the effiort necessary (see 'SVN discussion' thread post 1 & 2).

Which won't even let me play a new game now. I'm going to have to Dump the Mod and Unpack the D/L's zip and start from scratch. Swapping .dll's has just aggravated the problem. :/

JosEPh

Joseph, be sure to also clear the cache folder out. That is known to cause issue for people, such as recently with buck beach.

@DH (mostly) - I have just pushed to SVN a version that makes the choice of whether or not to use multiple threads (currently only used for spawning as a test case really anyway) a runtime decision, based on a new global define.

I have modified the SVN to default to OFF, and I'd like people who are having erratic crashes with the latest SVN to try this for a bit and see if it makes any difference. If it does I have a fair idea what needs doing to fix it, but the simplest thing for now was just to turn it off (and allow it to be turned on in XML).

If you need to turn the multi-threading ON again (for now), change the 0 to a 1 in the following in Assets/Xml/A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml:
Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>USE_MULTIPLE_THREADS</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

Always do Eldrin, learned that the hard way long time ago.

Now it's even worse I get a long list of failed to unrar msgs from the original D/L. I think v17 now hates me. :p And I've forgotten what DH said to do to fix it. Zulu had even worse list but he somehow repacked and re unrar'ed to get it to work. I don't have that skill set or knowledge.

So I guess for the next week I'll not be playing C2C. :( Tchristensen has a new version of Extreme2 out maybe I'll go play that or Vincentz VIP 0.85.

This week has really started off well! :mad:

JosEPh

Ok. I can't post the latest for you, because it's inter-twined with various XML changes, so I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you until V18 launches in about a week's time.

Of course you can always get the current state of play from SVN if you have time to make the effiort necessary (see 'SVN discussion' thread post 1 & 2).

Well, then i'm gonna wait these one or two weeks.
Thank you so far,
Greetings from Germany

Always do Eldrin, learned that the hard way long time ago.

Now it's even worse I get a long list of failed to unrar msgs from the original D/L. I think v17 now hates me. :p And I've forgotten what DH said to do to fix it. Zulu had even worse list but he somehow repacked and re unrar'ed to get it to work. I don't have that skill set or knowledge.

So I guess for the next week I'll not be playing C2C. :( Tchristensen has a new version of Extreme2 out maybe I'll go play that or Vincentz VIP 0.85.

This week has really started off well! :mad:

JosEPh

Are you using 7zip? That's the new unzipper/zipper of choice lately.

@DH et al: Just posted:

Fixed crash due to corrupted names from bug in Rev fix (see below)
Fixed an incorrect fix to a rev fix when minor civs are founded (leads to the corrupted names trapped above)
Ported K-mod fix for settlers getting lost
Ported K-mod bombard AI improvements
Fixed potential failure to clear city commerce while it is in disorder raised by Karadoc

I suspect (hope) the first two explain (and address) your CTDs

HUH, that was the way i was informed to write it, when i was living in Stuttgart, Germany?

So what is the proper way to say then, "What is Happening?"

ForHesse can likely best answer that ;-) Depends if it's Hoch Deutche or dialect I suspect

Yeah, Stuttgart is called the "Ländle". They often spell "sch" instead of "s". But it's funny that english speakers spell "Ich" often like they speak in Berlin: "Ick". Maybe JFK said "Ick bin Berliner" - correct in Berlin but not in standard german - because he was unable to speak "Ich" :D

By the way, can't await the fixed dll - and C2C v18.

ForHesse can likely best answer that ;-) Depends if it's Hoch Deutche or dialect I suspect
'Was ist los?' is correct for Hochdeutsch.
'Vos ish los?' is incorrect spelling (though the pronunciation would be the same) of the swabian 'Wos isch los?'.

For fun, you already had that discussion here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173200
(Google showed it as the only result for the phrase 'Vos ish los')

Are you using 7zip? That's the new unzipper/zipper of choice lately.

I've used 7z and win rar and zip.

I just want a working v17 at the moment. :cry: I've had a bad weekend and Monday already and it was supposed to be a vacation too. :mad: And now my favorite Mod is F.U.B.B.. SIGH! It CTDs and it's unfixable and starting over repeatedly only to get smacked upside the head when things get interesting is......... Too much time invested only to have the rug pulled out from under me.

I'm gonna stop ranting now, I have a headache and an upset stomach and I have to leave for work at 5:30 am.

JosEPh :sad:

Yeah, Stuttgart is called the "Ländle". They often spell "sch" instead of "s". But it's funny that english speakers spell "Ich" often like they speak in Berlin: "Ick". Maybe JFK said "Ick bin Berliner" - correct in Berlin but not in standard german - because he was unable to speak "Ich" :D

By the way, can't await the fixed dll - and C2C v18.

Actually I think JFK screwed up moer than that and said 'Ich bin einer Berliner' (I am a Hamburger right?)

I think I may have found the problem. Note the Towers and Traps were orginally made by GeneralStaff. He may have messed up somewhere. I think his mistake is here.

Code:
		<BuildingClassInfo>
			<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_GUARD_TOWER</Type>
			[B]<Description>TXT_KEY_GUARD_TOWER</Description>[/B]
			<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
			<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
			<iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>
			<iExtraPlayerInstances>0</iExtraPlayerInstances>	
			<bNoLimit>0</bNoLimit>
			<bMonument>0</bMonument>		
			<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_GUARD_TOWER</DefaultBuilding>
			<VictoryThresholds/>			
		</BuildingClassInfo>

I will fix and upload to the SVN.

EDIT: Pushed to the SVN. Let me know if it works.

That did it! Good work! :goodjob:

There is only one remaining on the Arc de Triomphe, which is in Dancing Hoskuld's folder. DH, can you be so kind as to correct the text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom