Common Errors and/or Crashes Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you wipe out your cache folder for the game?

BTW: I have Win 7 64b. For new versions whether SVN or official, I completely erase the old "Caveman2Cosmos" folder and then put the new one in. I had issues before when I didn't do that.

Where is that "cache folder" located? I did delete the old C2C folder before copying and pasting the new download into the BTS/Mods folder.

Not that I would know what I am looking at but where can I look to see if the C2C has the same script in my C2C folder as the ROM and AND mods?

Buck

Thank you, I'll give deleting that a try (sigh).

Oops! Could that be an XP folder? I can't find it in Win7-64.

It's similar. In Windows Explorer, it will be like this:

Desktop/<UserName>/AppData/Local/My Games/Beyond the Sword/cache

@Koshling,
My CTD is Not related to DH's assets update. As I posted that CTD was Base v17 with Only your 9-30 .dll change and nothing else.

I have another that so far I've not been able to get past. See below.

If I have too, I will go back to base v17 .dll as that seemed to work for me. So far I've had 3 games reach very interesting points and had to abandon them to this CTD problem.
Very frustrating but that's what Testing is all about now isn't it. :p :sad:

JosEPh

:high5: got past turn 2, but still get unrepeatable CTD. :(

I'm stumped then. Can you try to rule various things out please. I suggest you start by changing the DLL back to V17 base (just the DLL). If that works binary chop through the versions and find out which specific revision DLL chnage caused your issues. You can extract versions of just the DLL by right-clicking the DLL in your SVN 'assets' folder and selecting 'Show log'. Then right-click on the version you want in that list and select 'Save revision to...'

If you find that changing the DLL makes no difference, then you'll need to work back through intermediary versions of the assets in a similar manner until you find out which specific change introduced your CTD behaviour.

It's similar. In Windows Explorer, it will be like this:

Desktop/<UserName>/AppData/Local/My Games/Beyond the Sword/cache

That did it :band:. Thank all of you for your tremendous patience with this old fart. I do enjoy this mod very much albeit it has not run right TIL NOW THAT IS

Again thank you.

Buck

That did it :band:. Thank all of you for your tremendous patience with this old fart. I do enjoy this mod very much albeit it has not run right TIL NOW THAT IS

Again thank you.

Buck

Great! Have fun! ;)

On a different note, can someone tell me why these errors show up? Is there text missing from those buildings? (This is with my modifications on the Civic Pacifism)

Attachments

• TXT KEY.jpg
    TXT KEY.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 42
Great! Have fun! ;)

On a different note, can someone tell me why these errors show up? Is there text missing from those buildings? (This is with my modifications on the Civic Pacifism)

t certainly looks like missing text, since there others there with the correct text.

New CtD while AI-Players are moving.
C2C V17 and latest dll file are used.

Attachments

• Bismarck AD-0384MC_CtD.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 25
Well do you have Assets/Modules/Hydro/Tower/Tower_CIV4GameText.xml ? That's where that text would be.

Note that I have TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ANTIMATTER_BATTERY do yours match that?

I have that file, yes.

In the Civics XML I don't enter the TXT KEY, I enter the BUILDING CLASS. For example:
Spoiler :

<BuildingHappinessChange>
<BuildingType>BUILDINGCLASS_GUARD_TOWER</BuildingType>
<iHappinessChange>-1</iHappinessChange>
</BuildingHappinessChange>

I think I may have found the problem. Note the Towers and Traps were orginally made by GeneralStaff. He may have messed up somewhere. I think his mistake is here.

Code:
		<BuildingClassInfo>
			<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_GUARD_TOWER</Type>
			[B]<Description>TXT_KEY_GUARD_TOWER</Description>[/B]
			<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
			<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
			<iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>
			<iExtraPlayerInstances>0</iExtraPlayerInstances>	
			<bNoLimit>0</bNoLimit>
			<bMonument>0</bMonument>		
			<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_GUARD_TOWER</DefaultBuilding>
			<VictoryThresholds/>			
		</BuildingClassInfo>

I will fix and upload to the SVN.

EDIT: Pushed to the SVN. Let me know if it works.

New CtD while AI-Players are moving.
C2C V17 and latest dll file are used.

Latest DLL as of when you posted (so including the one mentiond two posts above and pushed to SVN the same day)?

The save game runs through without any problems for me I'm afraid. Do you get any error messages or just the exit to straight to desktop?

@Koshling,

Even reverting back to Base V17 .dll does not get me past this latest CTD. I can't get past 660AD.

I've also went back a turn resaved that turn and then tried to play thru. No go. I just can't complete a game with the 9-30 .dll.

Time to start over with base V17 game again. Takes several days to get to the level I was at.

JosEPh

Latest DLL as of when you posted (so including the one mentiond two posts above and pushed to SVN the same day)?

The save game runs through without any problems for me I'm afraid. Do you get any error messages or just the exit to straight to desktop?

Just straight to the desktop. "... has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Just straight to the desktop. "... has encountered a problem and needs to close"

and definately that is with yesterday's DLL? (since I pushed it not long before you posted I wanted to be sure in case we crossed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom