Communitas map script

Probably because the landmasses are generated with Perlin noise, so controlling the number of continents might be difficult; you can get Pangaea-like gameplay by having only one ocean rift, but you may sometimes get landmasses separated by channels (coastal tiles).

Okay, that's a good suggestion. Thanks!

Hello,

Downloaded the map from Steam, I played a bit and found some strange tile yields, a farm on grassland hill near river yield only 2 production no food, there are more oddities.

Is the Communitas map intended to be played with the rest of Communitas Mods?

Thanks

Yes. Maybe.

Will it happen? Probably not.

Thalassicus, who along with others, wrote this mapscript is currently otherwise engaged and won't be updating this for some time, if at all.

As the current maintainer of CEP I see no reason to make that change to the script. If you want that sort of landmass generation choose another script. ;)

@ExpiredReign

Regarding my post #482, is there a way to check my map if that's in the scope of your maintenance of CEP?

I know a saved game is of no use because of the mods I use.

Thanks.

My understanding of the way the game constructs maps and hence how the game looks is rudimentary but, I'm 99% sure that the actual yields displayed for any combo of tile features/terrain IS NOT determined by the map. ALL the actual yields should be calculated by the database.
If, as you say, you are using other mods it may be a problem with compatibility between them.

The Communitas map should be able to used with any other mod you care to use in just the same way that other map scripts are.

Sorry, that's all I can offer at the moment. I will re-visit this at some future date though, as I would like to use this script myself with the currently being constructed 'Community Balance Patch' which will become the successor to Communitas.

@ExpiredReign

Thanks for your reply, the only mods I use are Echoes of Ages and some from the Pick 'n' mix by WHoward, none of which does anything to yield, I've used almost al map scripts available with no such problems.

But then again as you've mentioned, maybe in the future.;)

It generates some fine looking maps.

Not too familiar with mods so not sure if this a noob question or not.

Will a map script work with modified terrain (i.e. More Luxuries mod)?

[to_xp]Gekko;13365155 said:
yep, they work fine together

Thanks. Haven't played in a while so it'll be my first try with BNW, and I'd love to have some nice mods to play with.

Just thought you'd like to know that YOGSCAST Rythian is using the map script for his playthrough as Sweden.

Apologizes since it's been a while since the last post but I have an odd problem that hopefully someone has the answer to.

I found a map created through this that I really liked so I saved it via Save Map in Save Game. When I loaded it everything was as it was except there weren't any Ancient Ruins. I when back to the settings (I used Really Advanced Setup.) to make sure I didn't tick No Ancient Ruins but it was left alone. Does anyone have a clue why there wouldn't be an Ancient Ruins after loading a saved variant of this map?

It's my first post, so hi! :)

Map script is nice, but map is very small when I choose "Terra - Largest Continent" on standard map size. All 8 big-civilizations was very close to each other and there was only space to found 1, maybe 2 cities. When I choose Continents - Everywhere it's acceptable, but there is another problem - when I play with friendly in a team, he very often spawns veeery far away (f.e on the another continent)

Some ppl said too on steam forum that maps are small, even on Huge size setting. So what can I do to have a friendly near to me and bigger map with space to found at least 2 cities? (3 with the capital)

Using this mapscript causes no bison to spawn anywhere on the map. Tried several new maps, no other mods, still no bison. Such a shame this mod is dead.

Using this mapscript causes no bison to spawn anywhere on the map. Tried several new maps, no other mods, still no bison. Such a shame this mod is dead.

Far from it. The script overrides assignStartingPlots.lua in favor of it's own resource placement system. You can disable that feature (near the beginning of the file) and allow the vanilla method, which will generate bison, cocoa etc. Better still, you could just add the new resource ids and placement weights... it's just a few lines... to the communitas assignStartingPlots function. Check the vanilla file for occurrences of bison and cocoa to see how it works.

Alternatively, you can disable the Communitas method and try the one from Barathor's More Luxuries Deluxe. There too you have to add at least bison id and placement until he updates his beta.

As an aside, bison don't really add much besides eye candy. They're just another camp, bonus resource that lack any building or pantheon tie-in unless you also address that.

As someone with the same question, how would you add the resource ids and placement weights? I've looked on other maps and I can't seem to find anything on where resources are. Plus I have no coding experience whatsoever so I no idea what to put in to make cocoa and bison workable.

Hey heinous hat, thanks a million.
I set the "assignStartingPlots" to false and bison now appear. Im already using Barathor's More Luxuries Deluxe and the pantheon add-on but I didn't need to add the placement ids so all works great now.
Cheers

I'm not sure if this is covered somewhere, so I'll ask here. I'm a mod noob, so...

Is this script compatible with:
CSD (I saw a sticky about making it work, but just to make sure)
Community Patch
Info Addict
EUI

EDIT: This is for Civ5 Complete Edition (i.e. all expansion packs, DLL's, and so forth)

I wish we could have three or four continents and oceans like the earth, i intended to try out these map scripts but unfortunately i couldn't get rid of these 'parallel' continents despite of more than ten restarts (which are not really eye-catching to me) so i gave up.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    81.5 KB · Views: 389
Far from it. The script overrides assignStartingPlots.lua in favor of it's own resource placement system. You can disable that feature (near the beginning of the file) and allow the vanilla method, which will generate bison, cocoa etc. Better still, you could just add the new resource ids and placement weights... it's just a few lines... to the communitas assignStartingPlots function. Check the vanilla file for occurrences of bison and cocoa to see how it works.

Alternatively, you can disable the Communitas method and try the one from Barathor's More Luxuries Deluxe. There too you have to add at least bison id and placement until he updates his beta.

As an aside, bison don't really add much besides eye candy. They're just another camp, bonus resource that lack any building or pantheon tie-in unless you also address that.

What? This mod disabled resources that you can get in vanilla? That's not any good I'm afraid.

How do I edit the map settings? I think there used to be an ini file but now it's just a mod file.

Top Bottom