Community Call to Power Project

Thanks Gilgamesch :D
@ihmcguinnes: I have fixed that in my version, but there is so much confusion that it would be best to wait until I sort things out before uploading :crazyeye:. Hopefully that won't take too long; these techs are going by faster than I thought. I have the Ancient Era squared away (missing tech icons of course but that can come later). Will probably have everything up to Modern by Wednesday so you guys can give feedback.

If you cannot wait :))) you can go into the Buildings.xml and change it. I would use the SDK as it makes it easy to check for mistakes. Scroll down until you get to the section
Code:
<Building_ClassesNeededInCity>
You are looking for this:
Code:
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_AIRCRAFT_PLANT</BuildingType>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_AIRCRAFT_PLANT</BuildingClassType>
</Row>
Change it to this and then save:
Code:
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_AIRBASE</BuildingType>
<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_AIRCRAFT_PLANT</BuildingClassType>
</Row>

I do not think Fires has been around since a week or two after your absence chrome, and big Welcome Back!

Im not sure all the WWII units are broken, they were working(cant say for SV view never used it), I think it was just the last WWII(Greece I think?) units that broke them.

:(... I'll see if I can persuade him yet again :lol:

Tech tree is finished :D :D :D.
https://github.com/chrome-rome/Community-Call-To-Power-Mod/downloads
Extract the files to your CCTP folder (My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Community Call To Power Project (v1)). The Strategic View problems have been fixed at the expense of the WW2 units.

The Tech Tree's are a lot sleeker. There aren't any blank techs or massive bottlenecks. Visually it is not the prettiest I've ever seen, but it is functional. My goal for the next few days is to make it better visually. This includes tech icons, getting text for the techs, and fixing confusing tech paths.

What I need from you: The tech trees are pretty interesting now. The economy tree is heavily front loaded, while the science tree is the opposite. I don't mind this, but it would be nice to have a balance throughout. If anyone can think of techs to fill in underrepresented areas in the tree, along with buildings, wonders, units, etc (can be "stolen" from another tech), I will try to fit them in.

Additionally, I need you all to check for issues. I know that now the Monopoly Building for each resource is not working. This will probably be done by tomorrow. If you spot any other problems or contradictory tech paths, let me know.

Happy Gaming!!!

Hi i signed up with forum just so i could post on this mod. It has by far been my favorite and i've tried just about all them.

I'm posting because i ended up giving up on my game because the units jumped from being built in under 5 turns to taking 30+ turns to make once i reached tanks and destroyers.

Is this normal or is it due to the game not being balanced up to that point yet? I noticed you just said you have completed the tech tree.

Hi shakaka :wavey:

That should not be happening. Are you playing on a speed other than Standard? I have not and probably will not balance CCTP for other game speeds. In the game I just fired up, infantry and destroyers cost 850h, while tanks are 1,050h. You shouldn't experience the big jump until Digital Era, where the cost go from ~1,350h in Modern to ~22,000 in Digital. Are you using the files I uploaded to Github?

Here is screenshot of my capital, This city can plow through just about any of the Wonders yet it still takes 22 turns to make a modern armor.

maybe this is france only? I havent tried any other civs yet.

I'm playing standard speed and warlord difficulty.

OK yeah so that is definitely not suppose to be that high. Unfortunately, I don't know where the problem is. :confused: I checked the Github files just to be safe and they read the same that I have (Modern Armor at 1375). Even the WW2 units that you are using should be less (the Paratrouper should be 920). Granted, the fact that you are even using the WW2 makes me think that you aren't updated to the most recent version. Is it just the units that are high-cost or are buildings like that too?

Do me a favor; create a backup of your CCtP files and then move them out of the folder. Then use the link in the OP to download the most recent files. Extract them to your (cleared) CCtP folder, and then try another game. In the game, just check the cost of the units; if Industrial isn't in the 850-1050 range, then I'll continue to problem solve from my end.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

That worked, i created a new game and a modern armor was 1993 shields instead of 34,000 lol.

the version of the mod i had previously was CCTP 2.01

Time to start a new game, thanks for the help! :D

Hi, I'm having a few error messages when I try to use the mod.

When I load the mod up on normal settings by just pressing "Start Game" it seems to work, but when I adjust the advanced options myself, I get a runtime error.

My setup settings are:

This is the error I encounter:

My computer specs:

Does anyone know how I could solve this issue if it is even solvable?

@shakaka: That's good to hear :). Although that still seems a little high (mine is 1375). Are you using another mod alongside CCTP? If this doesn't bother you too much don't worry about it, but it is strange :confused:

Hi Abmanju :wavey:

I am not sure where your problem is, but we can always go through the process of elimination :)

The most basic thing is to make sure you are patched to the latest Civ5 version (1.511). Then check to see if other mods work. If they don't, then it is something on your end. After that, make sure you are only running the CCTP mod; it has been known to conflict heavily with other mods. If doing one of these things works for you let me know.

Thats a funny error, and I have encountered it before a couple times, unfortunatly I do not know what causes it. The first time I fixed it by getting steam to validate game files so you can try that as a start point. The 2nd time, and this happened repeatedly, was when I was trying to get CCTP to build and work via the mod tools with new version numbers ect(not Civ4's way of doing it like is been used atm) and to this day I still cant get it to work.

You could also try updating your Runtimes and see where that gets you.

@chrome EpicSpeed mod may have buildings/units/techs to fill in upto around Renassiance Era for the tech tree. EDIT - Well not much looking at it :-/. So plan B, thinking hat on.

@shakaka: That's good to hear :). Although that still seems a little high (mine is 1375). Are you using another mod alongside CCTP? If this doesn't bother you too much don't worry about it, but it is strange :confused:
QUOTE]

I have been using info addict along with it, I will try loading the game without it.. I'm actually having a new proble now (its an old one that came back)

When the game loads its insta death game over. I tried replacing the startingplotsua file but it's still crashing.

I'm gonna try to re-install it fresh without infoaddict.

Hi Chrome-Erome, thanks so much for your reply. I'm going to go through the troubleshooting steps, I'm writing this post as I try them.

I am running the 1.0.1.511 version of Civ 5, I have it through Steam & always have internet on, so it should auto update.
I have tried to start the game with the mod "Unofficial Patch & Vanilla Enhancement" or something similar to that with similar settings and it does work.
Also I have not used any other mods apart from CCTPP.

Also Horem, thanks for your reply.
I've tried validating game files, it didn't work
About the Runtime C++ thing, I downloaded this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632
I chose repair, tried again & it didn't work, I chose remove & then installed it. Also doesn't work.

Also tried choosing Direct X9 at startup, that didn't work either.
And now I just reinstalled Civ 5...and still doesn't work. I give up, I'm going to go through the process of elimination through the settings to see what it is.

Oh my god, finally! It was the Rome option, the fact that I had picked the only (I assume) Civ to cause the error is a bit annoying -_- & wasted a lot of my time but oh well, I'll just play with another Civ.

Ah that error still bugs me but meh.

~Abs

Edit: I tried with my original settings & well I still get the error so I guess something else also causes the error.
Edit 2: When setting the game speed to Quick, I also get the error, I also tried changing just the Civ to Rome, speed on Standard, also got the crash.

Is the epic speed mod supposed to work with this still? As you may or may not remember I got a new computer recently, but I'm getting one of the very same errors that I did on the old one. Savegames refuse to load... It seems like it is loading, and just when it's done loading and the box comes up where you click to start playing, it hangs.

Spoiler :
Hi Chrome-Erome, thanks so much for your reply. I'm going to go through the troubleshooting steps, I'm writing this post as I try them.

I am running the 1.0.1.511 version of Civ 5, I have it through Steam & always have internet on, so it should auto update.
I have tried to start the game with the mod "Unofficial Patch & Vanilla Enhancement" or something similar to that with similar settings and it does work.
Also I have not used any other mods apart from CCTPP.

Also Horem, thanks for your reply.
I've tried validating game files, it didn't work
About the Runtime C++ thing, I downloaded this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632
I chose repair, tried again & it didn't work, I chose remove & then installed it. Also doesn't work.

Also tried choosing Direct X9 at startup, that didn't work either.
And now I just reinstalled Civ 5...and still doesn't work. I give up, I'm going to go through the process of elimination through the settings to see what it is.

Oh my god, finally! It was the Rome option, the fact that I had picked the only (I assume) Civ to cause the error is a bit annoying -_- & wasted a lot of my time but oh well, I'll just play with another Civ.

Ah that error still bugs me but meh.

~Abs

Edit: I tried with my original settings & well I still get the error so I guess something else also causes the error.
Edit 2: When setting the game speed to Quick, I also get the error, I also tried changing just the Civ to Rome, speed on Standard, also got the crash.
Well I'm glad you found something that works for you, but honestly I'm surprised that Rome was giving you problems; it's the only Civ I play. I'm starting to think there's something buggy with the version I uploaded. Then again, as I haven't gotten errors, maybe my comp is just wacky enough to work :lol:. There are a few loose text strings and such that may be causing issues, so I guess I'll have to make that a higher priority.

@Cannes: Although Horem is the expert on this, my guess is that too much has changed for them to still be compatible.

In other news: This new tech tree is better than I thought it would be. I'm really happy you all persuaded me to bring back the incremental Monopoly buildings because now I'm eagerly plotting out a course to nab all of the good buildings. It's interesting; I have spent the majority of my time working through the economic tree (which now is more of an infrastructure tree). Technically, I am behind my opponents in tech (they're in Industrial while I'm in Renaissance), but my food, production, and science is highest. All this is without having a massive land area to work with. The sacrifice is that my military is pathetic, so any aggression from my neighbors equals GG :lol:. I really like how things are shaping up; can't wait to see things all tricked out with new icons and real text descriptions. It's great being a fan of your own mod :D.
/fanboyism

While playing, I've found little bugs here and there that I've been cleaning up; expect another version on Github tomorrow with these fixes as well as Monopoly buildings that work as advertised. I think I'm going to change them a bit. In my designs I had the buildings getting bonuses from researching XYZ techs; now I'm just going to apply the bonuses outright. It should add a little more impact :)

EpicSpeed mod is uncompatible atm. I may update it before G&K, but tbh I doubt I will :)

Oh and GRRRR Free Techs :) Still anoying as ever.

@Abmanju - Can you still get it to load through the Quick Setup? If it does, I would uncheck the custom options - Random Personalities & No Barbarians if you have not tried alrdy and see if it loads, because if it is loading with the Quick option it sounds like 1 or more custom options may well be causing the conflict, and BTW Earth Map wont load, Period, you will have to pick continents or something similar and stick to standard speed, all other speed will act funny. Also make sure there is not more than 1 CCTP folder in your mods directory, you can also try clearing the Cache & ModUserData folders.

@Cannes - Hangs...any chance of the logs?

EpicSpeed mod is uncompatible atm. I may update it before G&K, but tbh I doubt I will :)

Oh and GRRRR Free Techs :) Still anoying as ever.

@Abmanju - Can you still get it to load through the Quick Setup? If it does, I would uncheck the custom options - Random Personalities & No Barbarians if you have not tried alrdy and see if it loads, because if it is loading with the Quick option it sounds like 1 or more custom options may well be causing the conflict, and BTW Earth Map wont load, Period, you will have to pick continents or something similar and stick to standard speed, all other speed will act funny. Also make sure there is not more than 1 CCTP folder in your mods directory, you can also try clearing the Cache & ModUserData folders.

@Cannes - Hangs...any chance of the logs?

Thanks for replying Chrome & Horem.

Yeah, you're right Horem, no matter what settings I tried, even the custom ones, Earth map just wouldn't load, seems to work fine with other maps.

The mod was a lot of fun to play with compared to Unofficial patch & normal game, I had tonnes of fun past 14 hours lol, but my game crashes around 2000 AD & I don't know how to fix it, just says Civ 5 has stopped working blah blah.

Thanks guys!

The mod was a lot of fun to play with compared to Unofficial patch & normal game, I had tonnes of fun past 14 hours lol, but my game crashes around 2000 AD & I don't know how to fix it, just says Civ 5 has stopped working blah blah.

Log files please?

Log files please?

Hi Horem,

Are these the files in "C/My Games/Civ 5/Logs" ?

If so, I've uploaded those into a folder & the links are below:
I've also included the Event Files under "Windows Logs" which is under Computer Management if they're any use to you.

Log Files - http://minus.com/m41ufWPPB/
Event Files - http://minus.com/mbjKknT1tM/

Thanks Horem.

Edit: For the Event files, the higher up they go, the older they are. I've only included the ones since 15th which is when I bought the computer.

Top Bottom