Community Call to Power Project

Tried the 3 day old beta.
Roads, trade routes, and barb encampments seem to work fine
Pluralism text say +2 culture for every city, but is only giving +1. Dont know if the text or the effect is wrong
I dont know what you intend, but i suspect that stone works should have a prerequist building of stone cutter

They annoy me too, but I really have no idea about how to remove them. :/ They popped up after I made the changes to AssingStartingPlots.lua in anticipation of reinstating poppy (and the other monopoly resources, and they have been bugging me ever since. Not to make light of the issue, but I guess this gives you extra incentive to clear those marshes.

Have you kept AssignStartingPlots.lua upto date with the patches? Not sure if they have changed it but with my Editing of it I found they do change it from time to time, and something that was working perfectly well will stop funtioning due to them changing the way a function works slightly :), I just used to copy over/replace what they added/changed with WinMerge.

Edit

Taken a quick look at said file, noticed you have reduced the amount of total resources, just wondering but did you also reduce amounts_of_resources_placed (Line 251), luxury_assignment_count (Line 252), luxury_low_fert_compensation (Line 253) by the amount of resources you removed? If not that may also be contributing issues. The guide I used too add resources listed these to be changed by 1 for each resources added/removed.

I don't know if already mentioned, but in capitalism, privatization that should "give +2 gold per trade post" gives much more than that, something around +10 gold. It's heavenly (!) unbalanced ! :crazyeye:

with the current beta, i dont see any reason to buld a city clock. I am playing at king and it gives a one time pay of 300 gold, same as killing a barbarian encampment on turn 1

After I start a game all I can see is the Defeat Screen. Whole map is on fog-war likes my settler and warrior are gone before to start.
My version of the game is 1.0.1.348; DLCs are Polynesia, Conquest of New World, Genghis Khan and Vikings.

Thanks

I tried both versions listed in the OP, and they simply crash to desktop during the "you are X leader" screen. Disappointing, I really wanted to try this :shake:

I found a lot of Manganese at sea in shallow water. I cant improve them with a work boat. The Help says only a mine can improve them and mines can only be build on hills (ie on lands).

After I start a game all I can see is the Defeat Screen. Whole map is on fog-war likes my settler and warrior are gone before to start.
My version of the game is 1.0.1.348; DLCs are Polynesia, Conquest of New World, Genghis Khan and Vikings.

Thanks

You need to patch upto date :), your quite a few months behind on game patches.

I tried both versions listed in the OP, and they simply crash to desktop during the "you are X leader" screen. Disappointing, I really wanted to try this :shake:

Also sounds like your not patched upto date.

Updated to the last patch (.151) and still the issues remain. I don't really know how to help on testing. It simply crash at the beginning now.
Just to let you know, thanks

Updated to the last patch (.151) and still the issues remain. I don't really know how to help on testing. It simply crash at the beginning now.
Just to let you know, thanks

@Bradwen

Go too:- ..Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and locate Config.ini, the very first line is:- EnableTuner = 0 change this too EnableTuner = 1.

Now search for LoggingEnabled = and make sure this is also set too LoggingEnabled = 1, Save the file and close it.

You must have the SDK to be able to use the Firetuner, it is the last option when you start up the SDK. Start it up before you boot CiV. It will display in the lua console, 9 outa 10 times, why the mod crashed, copy and paste it here or goto the civ folder in my games, then to the logs folder, zip up the logs and post them here.

Hey all, sorry for not being around these last few days (and thank you Horem for holding things down :D). I had to be away from my comp for a brief while.

@ Bladeness: I'm just trying to find a reason to include the Clock (since the Town Hall is right there). Honestly, I haven't found one yet, so I've been tinkering. I can't raise it up too much more or else it would be too good. Might be time to scrap it... The manganese should be improvable through offshore platform. I must have messed up the coding somewhere.

@ Barzing: I'll fix it. Good find :D

@ zouflain: I would try to do what Horem suggested here
Spoiler :
Go too:- ..Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and locate Config.ini, the very first line is:- EnableTuner = 0 change this too EnableTuner = 1.

Now search for LoggingEnabled = and make sure this is also set too LoggingEnabled = 1, Save the file and close it.

You must have the SDK to be able to use the Firetuner, it is the last option when you start up the SDK. Start it up before you boot CiV. It will display in the lua console, 9 outa 10 times, why the mod crashed, copy and paste it here or goto the civ folder in my games, then to the logs folder, zip up the logs and post them here.

This will show you where your problem is. Of course, if you aren't patched to the latest version then fix that first. Are you attempting to use any special maps?

@Bradwen

I have the same problem as Bradwen. However I did manage to start a working game, I think it has something to do with the advanced map settings however I am not sure yet which one causes the instant loss, I don't have time at the moment to look further into it. However this is the log of the crashed game, I hope it helps.

Spoiler :
InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
InstalledPanel: ModID IN ('daf6f887-3614-4169-a0e5-3ac9bd4ef82b', '0d765f42-aae7-43d9-b655-4127f9f06a0d', '655059d7-129f-4b24-8588-81737ab2b966', 'cffb48f6-a6e7-4c60-a3f3-e238c007fc8b', '02453135-2694-47f8-9690-29cca6cce199', 'ee2291f8-00a7-490f-b8c4-16e842cb93dc', 'd4e2c836-24c7-497f-97c9-02e2e45280ae', 'd4e9a196-0cbf-447c-a4bb-825714849b2a', 'd565342c-f7b5-495e-9c1d-c05c2d55c8a3', 'a028d675-1f4d-45b5-bd6e-869b77079405', 'feb3e738-fcf7-43a0-a021-81c3ed19a3e1', 'feb3e738-fcf7-43a0-a021-81c3ed19a3e1', '24081928-4703-4845-8b9c-c1468a8cacf2', '4fbf4ba7-ea54-436a-9b5f-8b5950162692', 'c38a5ac2-e03e-4d14-b8c8-4a81cb2361ac', '2968ab37-29a3-4de7-8b84-ece688231e40')
Map Script: Generating Map
Map Script: Generating Plot Types (Lua Continents) ...
Map Script: Setting Plot Types (MapGenerator.Lua)
Map Script: Setting coasts and oceans (MapGenerator.Lua)
Map Script: Expanding coasts (MapGenerator.Lua)
Map Script: Generating Terrain (Lua Continents) ...
Map Script: Setting Terrain Types (MapGenerator.Lua)
Map Script: Map Generation - Adding Rivers
Map Script: Map Generation - Adding Lakes
Map Script: 7 lakes added
Map Script: Adding Features (Lua Continents) ...
Map Script: ** Area Plot Count = 0
Map Script: - Beta site chosen
Map Script: - Gamma site chosen
Map Script: - Delta site chosen
Map Script: - Alpha site chosen
Map Script: - Gamma site chosen
Map Script: -
Map Script: - Atoll Target Number: 15
Map Script: - Number of Atolls placed: 15
Map Script: -
Map Script: - Atolls placed in Alpha locations: 6
Map Script: - Atolls placed in Beta locations: 4
Map Script: - Atolls placed in Gamma locations: 2
Map Script: - Atolls placed in Delta locations: 3
Map Script: - Atolls placed in Epsilon locations: 0
Map Script: Creating start plot database.
Map Script: Dividing the map in to Regions.
Map Script: Map Generation - Dividing the map in to Regions
Map Script: Choosing start locations for civilizations.
Map Script: Map Generation - Choosing Start Locations for Civilizations
Map Script: Normalizing start locations and assigning them to Players.
Runtime Error: [string "Assets\Gameplay\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua"]:3538: bad argument #1 to 'maxn' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'maxn'
[string "Assets\Gameplay\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua"]:3538: in function 'AddStrategicBalanceResources'
[string "Assets\Gameplay\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua"]:4010: in function 'NormalizeStartLocation'
[string "Assets\Gameplay\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua"]:4413: in function 'BalanceAndAssign'
[string "Assets\Maps\Continents.lua"]:315: in function 'StartPlotSystem'
[string "Assets\Gameplay\Lua\MapGenerator.lua"]:811: in function <[string "Assets\Gameplay\Lua\MapGenerator.lua"]:775>
[C]: ?
CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
Tutorial: Enabling Tutorial
TechTree: Compiling table Lua callbacks...
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmImprovementRebuildPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\CityPlotManagementPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCommandPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivEnterTerritoryPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\LiberateMinorPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ReturnCivilianPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\AnnexCityPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarMovePopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\BarbarianRansomPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmGiftPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmCityTaskPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\PuppetCityPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\DeclareWarRangeStrikePopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\ConfirmPolicyBranchPopup.lua
GenericPopup: Loaded Popup - Assets\UI\InGame\PopupsGeneric\MinorCivGoldPopup.lua
Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
Demographics: Dequeuing demographics
EndGameMenu: VICTORY POPUP INFO
EndGameMenu: 10
EndGameMenu: 1

Edit: I am using the new unstable version.

Runtime Error: [string "Assets\Gameplay\Lua\AssignStartingPlots.lua"]:3538: bad argument #1 to 'maxn' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:

Thats the issue, you can probably take the stable AssignStartingPlots.lua(This file been broken causes 99% of the death at start the other 1% is imcompatible maps/map types)and replace it for the unstable version as a temp fix.

Edit

Took a look, saw whats causing the issue. Fixed it and attached to post(not tested it).

I tested it and indeed I have no more instant defeat problems.

However, I don't know if this is known already, but several units, like the roman first tank and the swamp tile are completely black if I use the mod as if the textures aren't loaded.

is it possible to make a separate mod that will give more smaller units just like in this mod( 3 ships instead of 1 etc.)

I've noticed that when in Strategic View mode settlers and workers are invisible and don't show up on the screen. Also, some barbarian units have strange symbols, Brutes being displayed with the symbol for Archers.

I've noticed that when in Strategic View mode settlers and workers are invisible and don't show up on the screen. Also, some barbarian units have strange symbols, Brutes being displayed with the symbol for Archers.

Please tell us the version you are running.
I think the problem is related to some new artwork, and if you move them out the folder it will work.
Sorry but i cant remember what i have changed:eek:

Top Bottom