Community Patch - How To Install

Не подскажите, поддержка Русского языка в Community Patch Project нету?!

Hi, played CBP(beta from 14\3) with a friend and we encountered some gameplay problems:
- Why does the city has so many HP? At the start of the game it is quite difficult to take such a city
-Why does Catapult need an iron?
These 2 facts are making war difficult at the early stages of the game. Maybe we are doing something wrong, if so, can you suggest any early-war tactics?(We played on prince)

Hi Gazebo,

I'm playing with the latest version (9 March) and generally having a blast, but I run into some issues. I didn't know if you're aware of them, so I didn't create issues on the GitHub tracker.

First one is that in long games, after or around mid-game (500-600 turns), I start to have mini freezes (2-3s) on tooltips. It's definitely only happening for tooltips, and not all the time, around 3-4 / turn, and all kinds of tooltips (city, religion, tile, units).

Second issue is that my Corporations keep self-destructing, somehow. Every few turns, I get the message that due to the home nation's destruction (supposedly mine, as the founder, but I'm doing well and good) all the corporate offices have closed down. If I rebuild them it happens again in a few turns. Makes corporations absolutely useless. To note is that this happens only in my cities, looks like the foreign offices remain open (still exist).

Third is a minor issue, with City States gifting me a Merchant of Venice (supposedly a faction exclusive unit). Don't really have a problem with this, just don't know if it's intended or not.

Also a few questions: is the diplomatic penalty for saying "My troops are just passing through" and then attack permanent? How about for asking some civ to not settle near you? Both of these seem to stick with me forever, can't get rid of them.

Keep up the good work! I really enjoy playing your mods. They are to me for Civ 5 what Long War is to XCOM, and that's a great deal of praise.

Hi Gazebo,

I'm playing with the latest version (9 March) and generally having a blast, but I run into some issues. I didn't know if you're aware of them, so I didn't create issues on the GitHub tracker.

First one is that in long games, after or around mid-game (500-600 turns), I start to have mini freezes (2-3s) on tooltips. It's definitely only happening for tooltips, and not all the time, around 3-4 / turn, and all kinds of tooltips (city, religion, tile, units).

Second issue is that my Corporations keep self-destructing, somehow. Every few turns, I get the message that due to the home nation's destruction (supposedly mine, as the founder, but I'm doing well and good) all the corporate offices have closed down. If I rebuild them it happens again in a few turns. Makes corporations absolutely useless. To note is that this happens only in my cities, looks like the foreign offices remain open (still exist).

Third is a minor issue, with City States gifting me a Merchant of Venice (supposedly a faction exclusive unit). Don't really have a problem with this, just don't know if it's intended or not.

Also a few questions: is the diplomatic penalty for saying "My troops are just passing through" and then attack permanent? How about for asking some civ to not settle near you? Both of these seem to stick with me forever, can't get rid of them.

Keep up the good work! I really enjoy playing your mods. They are to me for Civ 5 what Long War is to XCOM, and that's a great deal of praise.

The tooltip stuff is related to EUI, unfortunately. I can't control that.

Not sure re: Corporation self-destruction – I haven't seen this reported (nor have I seen it in game. I'll keep an eye on it.

The penalty is no longer permanent, but the decay rate differs based on AI opinion of you.

Hi, played CBP(beta from 14\3) with a friend and we encountered some gameplay problems:
- Why does the city has so many HP? At the start of the game it is quite difficult to take such a city
-Why does Catapult need an iron?
These 2 facts are making war difficult at the early stages of the game. Maybe we are doing something wrong, if so, can you suggest any early-war tactics?(We played on prince)

Cities with garrisons are strong.

Catapults are iron-free in latest beta.

Не подскажите, поддержка Русского языка в Community Patch Project нету?!

I'm not sure what you are asking, time-traveller from the CCCP.

G

I'm not sure what you are asking, time-traveller from the CCCP.
G

Google Translate says that he's asking about Russian translation of the CBP.

Oh, and inb4mods, you're only meant to talk English on the forums. Sorry. Now someone translate that into Russian

I've attempted to install both manually and automatically however I can never seem to get it to work.

No matter what I seem to do I only get the extra unit portion of the mod and not the rest.

Edit: Now I've managed to get the rest of the mod but not the units. Unsure what I keep doing wrong.

So what would be the problem if the city and city-state banners are missing? I can only see one banner on my map but it's blank, over fog of war in a random spot, and does nothing when I click it.

Fixed the problem by reinstalling and following the directions fully :)

Thanks for the new experience!

I've attempted to install both manually and automatically however I can never seem to get it to work.

No matter what I seem to do I only get the extra unit portion of the mod and not the rest.

Edit: Now I've managed to get the rest of the mod but not the units. Unsure what I keep doing wrong.

Sounds like mod conflicts. Remove all non CPP mods, clear your cache, and try again.

Please pay attention to this. Starting today, Community Patch translated into Russian :)

I'll take a look, thanks.

So what would be the problem if the city and city-state banners are missing? I can only see one banner on my map but it's blank, over fog of war in a random spot, and does nothing when I click it.

LUA conflict. Probably an issue with a custom civ or EUI.

G

Hi there,

Just registered to ask about a problem I'm having. My social policies trees are messed up. I've attached images below for you to see clearly what I'm talking about.

My only mods are the CPP, including EUI (no standalone EUI, just the one that comes bundled on the installer), Acken's Minimalist Balance, Cultural Diffusion, Custom Advanced Setup Screen, Historical Religions, InfoAddict, Perfect World 3 and Revolutions.

Thx in advance.

Attachments

• 20160328221859_1.jpg
    20160328221859_1.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 20160328221905_1.jpg
    20160328221905_1.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 73
Hi there,

Just registered to ask about a problem I'm having. My social policies trees are messed up. I've attached images below for you to see clearly what I'm talking about.

My only mods are the CPP, including EUI (no standalone EUI, just the one that comes bundled on the installer), Acken's Minimalist Balance, Cultural Diffusion, Custom Advanced Setup Screen, Historical Religions, InfoAddict, Perfect World 3 and Revolutions.

Thx in advance.

Don't use Acken's mod with the CPP.

G

Are there any types of mods that will cause errors with this? Because every time I load a map, the game immediately closes itself. I've download all the files in the correct order, but I still have no idea what is causing this? Do you have any idea what is causing this or what I can do to find out and fix it? (I am using mods the modify border expansions if that means anything). I really need help with this. Thank you for any reply.

Are there any types of mods that will cause errors with this? Because every time I load a map, the game immediately closes itself. I've download all the files in the correct order, but I still have no idea what is causing this? Do you have any idea what is causing this or what I can do to find out and fix it? (I am using mods the modify border expansions if that means anything). I really need help with this. Thank you for any reply.

Yep. There's a stickied thread on compatibility.

G

Yep. There's a stickied thread on compatibility.

G

Thanks, but even after removing the mods it said where incompatible, it still immediately closes after starting the map. Is there any way to determine if there are any other conflicting mods, or if any of the mods have dll that may be causing it (I'm not sure how to figure out if a mod edits dll or not)?

Thank you for the response, I'm typing this at 9:00 at night, so I'm rather mentally unproductive at figuring this out properly at the moment. :confused:

Also, is there any chance that some of these conflicting mods will ever be implemented? It's a shame, because I really liked the leader traits and promotion expansions.

Thanks, but even after removing the mods it said where incompatible, it still immediately closes after starting the map. Is there any way to determine if there are any other conflicting mods, or if any of the mods have dll that may be causing it (I'm not sure how to figure out if a mod edits dll or not)?

Thank you for the response, I'm typing this at 9:00 at night, so I'm rather mentally unproductive at figuring this out properly at the moment. :confused:

Also, is there any chance that some of these conflicting mods will ever be implemented? It's a shame, because I really liked the leader traits and promotion expansions.

I'm not sure what's conflicting for you. I'd recommend posting in the compatibility thread- give them a list of your mods, and they can help. Removing all mods from your MODS folder, reinstalling the CPP, and going from there would be a good first step.

G

Hi,

I saw a few mentions of CTDs around the current official release (3/9) on the boards. I just moved up to this from the prior official release (which was working fine but missing lots of the cool new stuff!) and have hit a number of CTDs on the current first turn, and many on loading games (that did not crash on their first turn!). I don't think I saw any resolution for the people who had the crashes.

One suggestion was to completely remove mods with LUA changes from the MODS folder (even though disabled) which I've also tried.

This last game I was only using the full CBP, infoaddict and Calypso's colored religion icons. Crashed on the third turn.

Gazebo, are you interested in going after this, or maybe I should just suck it up and go to the latest beta?

And, since I have the opportunity to do so - thank you G, and all the rest, for working on this wonderful mod.

Hi,

I saw a few mentions of CTDs around the current official release (3/9) on the boards. I just moved up to this from the prior official release (which was working fine but missing lots of the cool new stuff!) and have hit a number of CTDs on the current first turn, and many on loading games (that did not crash on their first turn!). I don't think I saw any resolution for the people who had the crashes.

One suggestion was to completely remove mods with LUA changes from the MODS folder (even though disabled) which I've also tried.

This last game I was only using the full CBP, infoaddict and Calypso's colored religion icons. Crashed on the third turn.

Gazebo, are you interested in going after this, or maybe I should just suck it up and go to the latest beta?

And, since I have the opportunity to do so - thank you G, and all the rest, for working on this wonderful mod.

Thanks!

I'd recommend hopping up to the latest beta or so, it's quite stable.

G

Top Bottom