Community Service.... and fast

Possibly go down to an old folks home and ask them if they need help doing anything. Maybe even just sitting with some of the folks who need company.

Go to a church. Im sure they have plenty of things you could do. Religious or not.

food pantry. want to give us a specific zip code or town so we can google some stuff out?

in the UK, you get CS for wrongdoing...

Abaddon said:
in the UK, you get CS for wrongdoing...

Same here. But community service through volunteering looks good on your resume or college application.

.Shane. said:
My lawn needs mowing and my car needs washing. You around this weekend?

Only if you pay me. ;)

shadowdude said:
I need ideas. In order to get into the NHS (National Honor Society) for highschool, I need to get 10 hours of community service. The bad part is that I need to get them within the next week. I'm stumped as to what I can do on such short notice, any ideas?

I would start with your local council headquarters and work your way from there. Hell, you could probably go to the local police station to ask for some advice on where to go :)

Wow, the US sucks.. were allowed to progress without out any generosity to the community at large over here :)

Abaddon said:
Wow, the US sucks.. were allowed to progress without out any generosity to the community at large over here :)

only in some states. IL wll be requiring 25 hours for graduation starting with the class of '09 IIRC

I think he means that he thinks it's a good idea, and that the US sucks for not instituting it.

Do what the kids at my school do:

Go to a youth community center (Boys and Girls Club for example). Sign up to volunteer. At my local club of this sort, things are very very slow. So what happens is that you end up playing videogames in the rec room, and it goes down as community service hours.

Nothing can beat that!

The NHS is a diphorsehocky club for kiss-arses. Snub it and move on with your life.

I volunteer regularily at a homeless shelter in my city. Trust me, they're always in need of work. Look one up, and give them a call. They might need to do a backround check first, but it shouldn't be a problem.

If you go to church, just talk to your pastor. Churches are always sending people to do stuff like that (We get church groups all the time), and have the organized structure to get you into a program quickly.

Top Bottom