Completely Dumb Ideas

Try and make us laugh by throwing out some silly ideas that should be put in the game. :p 'Tis the season.

Ex.
Adding in an Idiot Civilization that gradually takes over the world.

I wonder, what civilization among I will now list will not find its defenders who would think that it's a good idea:

Naples
Aragorn/Catalonia
Syria
Scotland
Hannover
Normandy
Novgorod

Aragon
Novgorod
Count me in.

I also would like to play as the Minoan Civilization. So far there's no Civ mod known to me that allows it.

But DoC & RFCA already both have very exciting realizations of the Tamils. So at least I got something already.

When a Spearman kills a Panzer, the normal death audio file should be replaced with Edward Khil singing his masterpiece, while a wonder movie shows him slowly walking down the steps and singing.

The Swiss:

Spawn:
800AD somewhere in the alps.

UU: Snow
0 Strength
1 movement

Early game misisle. Turns target tile into tundra for 1 turn.

UB: Swiss Bank
Multiplicative bonus for the more you build. 1= +50% gold, 2=+75%, etc.

UP: The Power of Banks: Gold migrates from other civilizations to the Swiss treasury

UHV:

1. Have no open boarders or defensive pacts and allow no foreign cities in Switzerland by 1000
2. Have no open boarders or defensive pacts and allow no foreign cities in Switzerland by 1600
3. Have no open boarders or defensive pacts and allow no foreign cities in Switzerland by 2000

Edward Khil's Masterpiece should be a Wonder, IMO.

Available with Fiber Optics.

- 30% Unhappiness from Population in all cities. -30% War Weariness.

Grants 2 Hit Singles and 1 Great Artist.

Some of these have been suggested before as actual suggestions:

NextWar units.
More tiles with deleterious effects (-health on desert and tundra, impassable, etc.)
Sea monsters (Ben :mischief:).
Civs that cramp up already crowded areas.
Pony Civilization (actually not a bad idea if I do say so myself)
Sectoid invasion spawning in the early 2000s.
Atlantian Civilization.
Lemurian Civilization.
Ukranian Civilization :mischief:

The addition of the following as Great People:

America:
George Lucas [GREAT ARTIST]

Link to video.
Michael Bay [GREAT ARTIST]
Nicholas Cage [GREAT ARTIST]
Flo-Rida [GREAT ARTIST]

England:
Scooter [GREAT ARTIST]
N-Dubz (don't kill me, hoplitejoe :lol:) [GREAT ARTIST]
Chuckle Brothers [GREAT ARTIST]

Prussia:
Uwe Boll [GREAT ARTIST]

Japan:
Tetsuya Nomura [GREAT ARTIST]
Tite Kubo [GREAT ARTIST]

Corea:
Girl's Generation [GREAT ARTIST]

Damn right.

Guess which one is my favorite?

It saddens me that he's such a popular artist, because he's such a crappy artist by the standards of the global industry;
(lots of perspective and proportion errors in his work, these are not "stylisms", they're flat out errors, and his color palettes are very bad)
I mean yeah, I'll stand up for him when it comes down to the Gene Simmons' son plagiarizing Kubo's work thing
(no artist, no matter how crappy deserves to be plagiarized from) and can admire his success, but he's just not a good artist.

There are hundreds of other Japanese artists that deserve much more recognition and exposure than he does, imo.
Hiroaki Samura and Ayami Kojima come to mind primarily, and the both of them are godlike illustrators.
Their work is absolutely beautiful (err on the side of caution when searching Samura though,
as he has worked on certain gruesome genres that I probably wouldn't be at liberty to disclose here) and actually shows mastery in perspective,
anatomy and color, as well as strong fundamentals in art foundation.

EDIT: And I'm sure your favorite is Yoruichi.

^ Well I for one, like Kubo's minimalism. "The Heart" doesn't bother me at all. I think Kubo is clearly the best artist out of the big three Shonen Mangakas (Kishi's art is high school level, whereas Oda's art is kindergarten level).

There's more to a Manga than the quality of art. Characters & dialogue are much more important. ONE PIECE is perhaps the best example. Oda's art is much worse than Kubo's, but his characters are extremely memorable and relate-able. Kubo himself has many unique and unforgettable characters such as Ishinn, Aizen and Gin.

EDIT: And I'm sure your favorite is Yoruichi.
Yep.

^ Well I for one, like Kubo's minimalism. "The Heart" doesn't bother me at all. I think Kubo is clearly the best artist out of the big three Shonen Mangakas (Kishi's art is high school level, whereas Oda's art is kindergarten level).

I won't argue with you there. That's a fairly accurate assessment.
Just to show what I'm talking about though:

Samura:

Kojima:

I don't really like Bleach, but I'm partial to Hinamori.

Anyways, we can agree that Nicholas Cage and Uwe Boll are horrible, yes?

Just to show what I'm talking about though:

Samura:
snip

Kojima:
snip
You see with this level of artwork it's difficult to churn out 20 pages per week and still have time for yourself & family. That's why they're less popular.

I don't really like Bleach, but I'm partial to Hinamori.
:lol: We couldn't be more different.

Anyways, we can agree that Nicholas Cage and Uwe Boll are horrible, yes?
I think they're examples of so bad it's good. Well at least Cage is, in a way similar to William Shatner.

You see with this level of artwork it's difficult to churn out 20 pages per week and still have time for yourself & family. That's why they're less popular.

Blade of the Immortal has been running for almost 20 years now.
It's finally coming to a close sometime soon.
I expect my own career to eventually become as grueling and dedicated.

I think they're examples of so bad it's good. Well at least Cage is, in a way similar to William Shatner.

I also wanted to include Millia Jovovich, but that would predicate the inclusion of a Ukranian Civilization, one of the worst suggestions in the history of RFC.

How about the Texas Civilization.
UP : The power of having no civilization
UU: Davy Crockett - Infinite power, but can only defend in shoddy dilapidated forts.

I for one would defend the inclusion of an Ukrainian civilization... Their UU should be Milla Jovovich though...
We should also have a Canadian civilization. UB should be a Horrible-But-Catchy-Popsong-Studio, and should have as Great Artists both Celine Dion and Carly Rae Jepsen. UU should be... Nickleback. Yeah...

I for one would defend the inclusion of an Ukrainian civilization... Their UU should be Milla Jovovich though...
We should also have a Canadian civilization. UB should be a Horrible-But-Catchy-Popsong-Studio, and should have as Great Artists both Celine Dion and Carly Rae Jepsen. UU should be... Nickleback. Yeah...

Every country should have a Unique Song in the modern era that they can spread to other civilizations.

Nickelback
Replaces Marine
STR: 24
MOV: 1
COST: 160
Req. Industrialism, Rifling, Mass Media
-+50% attack vs. Machine Gun
-+50% attack vs. Artillery
-Starts with Amphibious promotion
-Each time Nickelback tours (attacks) a city, Unhealthiness and Anger in the target city increase by 1.
-For each Hit Single your Civilization possesses, Nickelback's base STR is reduced by 1.
EDIT: Each Nickelback you build causes your relations with other civs to drop by 1.

Agreed, and it could be doable; only a couple sound-bits would work! For example, Korea could have "Gangnam Style", Russia could have "Trololo", and so on...

Britain- Bohemian Rhapsody
Italy- some Luciano Pavarotti stuff
India- soundtracks from various Bollywood films
America- I actually don't know, there are too many to choose from
Canada (if that's even possible)- Call Me Maybe, or Baby
Japan- J-pop?

Top Bottom