(CONFIRMED) Waiting for other civilizations...

i've been sitting here all day with the exact same problem. "waiting for other ci..." bla bla, but i think i've solved it. The problem is actually new colonies. Not all, but some. So, i just erased it. Aaand, now it works fine :crazyeye:. It didn't happen to me intil "asoka" suddenly showed. He . .. .. .. .ed it up, and i . .. .. .. .ed him up! yah, good luck everyone! :goodjob:

Here's a save that will hang also after enter: i solved it by going to Worldbuilder and gave myself some extra trebs so i could conquer the city this same turn i was bombarding and vasselize my opponent and make peace. After this the game didn't hang anymore.

[URLSAME="http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/63149/]Gandhi_AD-1625.CivBeyondSwordSave"[/URLSAME]

I have the same problem! What is Worldbuilder? I can't find it. Is that the thing that is optional to install when you install Civ4+BTS???

Hi all. New here, but I traced down this thread looking for a fix because I have the same problem with the 3.03 patch installed.

I have the same problem! What is Worldbuilder? I can't find it. Is that the thing that is optional to install when you install Civ4+BTS???

Worldbuilder is only accessed in-game. Load a saved game or start a new session. Then bring up the game menu and you'll see the option roughly halfway down the list.

Worldbuilder is a map editor which allows you to customize your game on the fly. It is very limited--you can't add or subtract Civs, set detailed diplomacy states, or edit unit capabilities, but you can sure mess around with placements. In fact, as limited as it is, the program does enough to let you cheat like the mad dickens, to the point that Civ 4 actually has an option to lock a particular campaign from using Worldbuilder, just so you can't cheat!

Worldbuilder also has some potent features for dedicated modders. You can actually save your game in Worldbuilder, as a World Builder Save (WBS), and then you can open the WBS file with a text editor such as Windows Notepad. Here, you can add or subtract Civs, alter game options and fog of war, mess with the time, and so forth. Check out the Creation and Customization forums for further information.

Is there an ETA for a fix for this problem? I've been playing BTS since it was released and just this error for the first time in two consecutive games. :(

So I hope firaxis' debug team aren't all on vacation or something, people have been posting about this bug for a while now and its a real game-killer. I've played half a dozen games of BTS with no problems, and now this game gets caught in the infinite loop bug. I tried earlier saves but it freezes every time I get back to 1774. My enthusiasm for BTS has now officially waned. :cry:

I'll be leaving Civ for now and getting re-aquainted with the great outdoors until there's a patch for this. I have no patience for trying to track this down in the worldbuilder and I know jack all about programming. I hope this save helps you track the problem down and fix it.

This is BTS 3.02
no mods
no solver patch
standard size big and small map
epic speed

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1774.CivBeyondSwordSave
    537.4 KB · Views: 252
I have the same problem. I went into worldbuilder and managed to track down the cause to Victoria. If I delete all her cities, the game continues. However, I'm not able to find out what exactly is causing the error. I tried deleting all cities which where not on her main continent, and the error persisted. Then I tried deleting all the cities on the main continent, leaving all the other cities, and the error persisted. I also tried saving a worldbuilder file to edit in wordpad, where I replaced all UNITAI_COUNTER with UNITAI_DEFENSE. Still the same problem.

I'm using BTS v 3.00, no patch at all. I'm scared I won't be able to load old saved games after patching.

If one of you guys has the time to check out the attached saved game and find a solution, that would be amazing. I was really enjoying this game... :mischief:

Attachments

• De Gaulle AD-1640.CivBeyondSwordSave
    867.2 KB · Views: 173
Hi all,

The savegame I will include here will have the infinite wait loop. It coincides (coincidentally?) just after the moment that Elizabeth appears. The current map shows no English cities nor boundaries. That is explained when Elizabeth is declared vassal to Boudica. Ask Boudica for the World Map and see a small area of English territory appear, but with unusual city names. This must be the moment that the AI lets Boudica decide to have a colony. The error is reproducable, so I'm stuck...

Addition, next day: the AI spawning a colony is not the problem. During my next game I encountered the formation of a colony (which was by Sitting Bull granting Washington independence...). The game could be continued normally after this somewhat curious event.

Attachments

• Fluÿdus AD-1909.CivBeyondSwordSave
    729.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Fluÿdus AD-1910 - With map.CivBeyondSwordSave
    741.5 KB · Views: 164
Hi...first post, shame is has to be a problem!

From reading this thread, I think the attached game has the same issue - playing on a huge archipelago map, at 1945AD, the game locks up at the 'waiting for other players'. I have tried reloading at an earlier save and replaying, but the same lock up occurs. Is there any way around this that doesn't involve deleting other civilizations in worldbuilder? I'd rather give up the game than do that.

Attachments

• Lock up AD-1945-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
After reading that in some cases the problems are linked to the English civilization and after experiencing similar problems that could only be solved by deleting the English civilization, I assume that it has to do with this specific civilization. I had to delete every city of Victoria / Elisabeth / Churchill, all other possibilities, including the reappearence of the English through modding, have failed. Hopefully this bug can be solved in the upcoming patch!

After reading that in some cases the problems are linked to the English civilization and after experiencing similar problems that could only be solved by deleting the English civilization, I assume that it has to do with this specific civilization. I had to delete every city of Victoria / Elisabeth / Churchill, all other possibilities, including the reappearence of the English through modding, have failed. Hopefully this bug can be solved in the upcoming patch!

This really sucks, I was on one of my best games ever. If I delete the English, there's no point in continuing the game...

I have the same problem. I went into worldbuilder and managed to track down the cause to Victoria. If I delete all her cities, the game continues. However, I'm not able to find out what exactly is causing the error. I tried deleting all cities which where not on her main continent, and the error persisted. Then I tried deleting all the cities on the main continent, leaving all the other cities, and the error persisted. I also tried saving a worldbuilder file to edit in wordpad, where I replaced all UNITAI_COUNTER with UNITAI_DEFENSE. Still the same problem.

I'm using BTS v 3.00, no patch at all. I'm scared I won't be able to load old saved games after patching.

If one of you guys has the time to check out the attached saved game and find a solution, that would be amazing. I was really enjoying this game... :mischief:

Well, I just loaded your game and the turn completed normally! I have Solver's Unofficial Patch (29th Aug) and BtS ver 3.03. I recommend you download Solver's Patch first, and if that doesn't work try updating BtS. Don't worry about old save game compatibility - I just loaded your game fine in 3.03.

Hope that helps :)

Well, I just loaded your game and the turn completed normally! I have Solver's Unofficial Patch (29th Aug) and BtS ver 3.03. I recommend you download Solver's Patch first, and if that doesn't work try updating BtS. Don't worry about old save game compatibility - I just loaded your game fine in 3.03.

Hope that helps :)

Whoooohooooo!!! I put on solver's patch and it solved everything!! Thanks a million for trying this for me, I have a couple of hotseat games going and I didn't want to take the chance of loosing those games :)

Hi all. I am having this problem as well and it is very frustrating to say the least. I went into world builder and was able to get by the lock up by deleting a civilization. I tried 3 different civs to delete and I was able to by pass the bug with 2 of them ... but what fun is it to keep playing after you delete a civ?

Btw I am using Solvers patch

Attachments

• Waiting on other civs AD-1892.CivBeyondSwordSave
    679.6 KB · Views: 215
I've got one of these too. I'll post the savegame when I get home from work. Reloaded from an earlier game, and it still wouldn't go past 1195AD.

Attachments

• Lord Jim AD-1195peaca.CivBeyondSwordSave
    878.1 KB · Views: 250
I've run into an infinite in my current game too. It's weird (but nice) that I can save and load games while stuck in a loop.

I'd like to point out that there are probably a couple of different infinite loops happening here. Mine is happening after all the civs have completed their moves (aka not solvable by Solver's patch). Deleting my vassal Victoria's 4 cities did get past it but then I ran into another infinite loop a while later.

Very, very frustrating.

Top Bottom