Conflict on Chiron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes u can, i have never addit sounds...:lol:

I know its onley xml-work...but i have to figer out some thing..:eek:

That means it could be take som time.

Thats too bad because I find sound to be pretty critical in any game/movie or entertainment. If you want I can probably figure out the xml-work that needs to be done for all the sounds to work? I mean it can't be that hard. Regardless let me know if you need a hand.

If you give me more time I can probably get sounds not only for all the Unit Attacks but movement sounds when they move as well ( a lot harder ). I also felt like I rushed the new soundtrack too mostly because I didn't have much scifi music for civ modding only pre Medieval and Fantasy. I decided to make a new soundtrack because the old one seemed to put me to sleep even thou its the official Alpha Centauri music I found it hard to stay awake on.

But yeah If you figure out the XmL stuff I got no problem to keep plugging away at this.

Ah...i think you will have much to do with the datalink missing information soon. :)

Therefor I am very grateful, you'll see how work intensive it is...:crazyeye:

I still would like to do alittle more to the sounds I sorta rushed the whole thing. But yeah it's a lot of work.

any idea what makes the Consciousness Civ Diplomacy always say " Please don't go the drones need you " at the start of every opening?

No - not realy...:sad:

I still would like to do alittle more to the sounds I sorta rushed the whole thing

The problem is, you have gathered some sounds for units whose sounds i like....for example locusts of chiron. I would like to keep this sound.
My suggestion: i give you a list of Sounds wich i like very much, and you do the rest...?!?!

And i noticed, that some sounds are more run sounds than attack/fire Sounds...

well i just did all those sounds last minute and currently they are all better then whats currently in place which is zero sound fx. But yeah its just temp. Even putting all what was sent to you is 500% better then whats currently there.

Hybrid forest gives less food than fungus. I was running the hybrid civic with Gaians so i dont think this is intended.

Domai never settled in my game. He just walks around with a colony pod and a chopper. Outside of
cultural borders. I can talk to him in diplomacy however.

Hybrid forest gives less food than fungus. I was running the hybrid civic with Gaians so i dont think this is intended.

This was also mentioned in the German forum, because of the gaian biolab (+1 food on fungus), i have forgotten to gíve this bonus also for the hybridforest. Under hyrid, the fungusfilds will be transformed to hybridforest...so you have -1 food...after all.
Sorry, i know the problem and will fixed it in the next update....

Domai never settled in my game. He just walks around with a colony pod and a chopper. Outside of
cultural borders. I can talk to him in diplomacy however.

:eek::lol:

Sorry but i have never this problem. In my games, Domai settled always...and he is not bad. I can show u a savegame...

I can't get this MOD to install properly, either with or without the update. Is it because my version of the game is UK?

:eek:

I dont know. I dont think it is because of the UK-Version...

Where is exactly the Problem, you cant run the Mod?!?

Installation is simple, unpack the rar file...copy and paste the "´Conflict on Chiron" Folder to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
Start the mod like any other

If you installing the Update ( recommended ), follow the instructions in my signature.

I just cant' run the MOD, mate. :(

I upload both the original and update of Chiron into a Chiron modfile in the modfile folder for Civ IV (updating the former by overwriting with the latter) and then I get a whole string of error msgs when I try to run it which seem to point to missing or incompatible files.

I reckon it could be that there is a difference between the German version and my UK one; you can't be blamed for that. I shall try installing it again perhaps but I have tried several times now and am not hopeful. Pity.

Anyway, live long and prosper.

I just cant' run the MOD, mate. :(

I upload both the original and update of Chiron into a Chiron modfile in the modfile folder for Civ IV...

You are not the only one how use a english Version of Civ4...thats not the reason.

Can you post a screenshot of your BtS-Mod-Folder...where i can see the Folderroot...please opeb the Modfolder Conflict on Chiron and make a screenshot of the Folderroot...

You cant put the Modfolder "Conflict on Chiron" into another folder named Chiron...what ever...

Attachments

• how it should be.jpg
    how it should be.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 80
Before I do this, how do I create a screen-shot. Never tried this on my home machine.

Anyway, just to re-iterate. I unpack your MOD with my RAR program into a Civ IV; BTS MOD folder I have created called Chiron - it is with all the other BTS mods - and then I update that by overwriting with your Update II. Have I got that right before I try again? Maybe I cause myself problems there or maybe you will say that is the way to do it? I could do with advice there, please.

Cheers.

...folder I have created called Chiron - it is with all the other BTS mods...

No...thats wrong, dont create a modfolder called Chiron...take the folder "Conflict on Chiron v2.0" copy them out of the rar file...and past them into the BtS modfolder...

After installing the Update, rename the modfolder to "Conflict on Chiron v2.1"...

Okay, we have spent enough time on this. I am used to MOD files going to where they ought to go and everything then working. This just doesn't, not on my machine; I don't know why but it doesn't. Whether it is my machine, me or the fact that I am in the UK and am using a UK version of Civ IV, this doesn't work.

I followed your instructions. created the original Chiron file, and, curiously, when I tried to update the update would NOT overwrite that folder so I overwrote it manually and it still didn't work. I guess there are just some MODs which just won't work on some machines.

Live long and prosper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom