Congratulations Mia

Thanks to all involved with this - What a great way to spend a year ;)

I learned a tremendous amount from this, and I loads of fun as well.

Now to settle in and check out the other perspectives!

I say lets just get more into the civ4 one (for those who arnt like me). leave this great demogame to history.

i like civ3 much more than civ4. i'd rather play another MTDG here, instead of getting into the Civ4 one more.

When will we get to read the other forums? I cant wait to see TnT and MIAs evil scheeming. and i want to see if KISS ever intended to do us harm.

Thank you all for the funnest CIV experience I've had.
Rik, RM and GA :goodjob:. You've had some animated discussions to handle and you've done it very well. No map, no admins = No game.
TNT//Very little contact 'cept for silence and grumpiness. You put up one heck of a fight though. One that made us suckers for the MIA cav roll. Well played :D.
Nutters//We gave it a shot. You were great allies and made a remarkable comeback from a tough start.
MIA//What a great time we had back in the days. The friendship had to end one way or the other in such a game and I believe you made the most of both the frienship and the breakup. Impressive indeed and congrats.
Fellow Idiots// :crazyeye:

Whomp said:
:hatsoff: to MIA! You put together a great display on how to play this game both ingame and out of game.

A special thanks to our admins RegentMan and Ginger Ale, the Great Meleet and of course Thunderfall! :worship:

Hear hear!!! Fast work in the end.
BB

We won?!? Yippee! I love winning and being on a winning team! Life is just wonderful, isn't it?

The security alarms were turned off at K.I.S.S. headquarters and all sorts of new people were walking the halls of KISSdom. Most eventually wound up in the Department of General Musing and some even asked where the general was and what he was doing.

The mood was jovial and yet somewhat forced. The game was done, the victor known and it was a time of celebrating for all, now that the stress of the game was gone.

On the small stage in the corner, CommandoBob and Sir Bugsy were huddled together, along with some long-haired guys with black and white face paint.

Sir Bugsy and CommandoBob walked together to the microphones. Bugsby began to speak.

'Hey guys, can I have your attention? Guys, OK, we need to sing a song together. The words are on the screens and we think you'll know the tune. Can you see them? You can? Good. One, two, three and..'

CommandoBob lead the singing.

I'm so glad we played this game together.

The first line he sang alone, as people needed time to recognize the tune.

Through times of peace and trade and war.

Several joined in now, knowing the song and where it came from.

Seems we just got started and before we know it

Most were singing rather loudly, but here and there were some tearful eyes.

Came the time we had to say 'No more'.

As the song ended, there were many smiles; some of sorrow relieved and others of memories relived. The sound track continued for a few more seconds and then faded out.

The silence and intra-mural bonding lasted about three seconds, then the guys with face paint came alive. As one, they stomped their right foot, which boomed throughout the room, paused and stomped their left, which also boomed and then clapped their hands once, in unison. And then they repeated the routine, with Sir Bugsy and CommandoBob and eventually the whole mob in the room joining in.

Then Sir Bugsy began to sing the chorus, which was all that mattered.

We are, we are Civ Three Ers!
We are, we are Civ Three Ers!

Nobody said:
When will we get to read the other forums? I cant wait to see TnT and MIAs evil scheeming. and i want to see if KISS ever intended to do us harm.
Ginger_Ale sent the PM yesterday, and Thunderfall will probably have to take down the group membership system to make the forums public. Patience, my dear friend, the forums will be open soon. :)

The second MTDG poll is here.

I'm pretty sure he won't have to take down the group memberships (it'd be nice to keep them there :)), since he can just change forum permissions from (example names) "Members of Civ3 MTDG: Team Doughnut" to "All". I still haven't gotten a response yet...

KISS might not think we were such great allies after what was said in our forum... :mischief:

:salute: A hearty Bravo Zulu to MIA.

BTW, do we get to read the other team's threads. I would like to see the three turns where you wiped us out.

KISS might not think we were such great allies after what was said in our forum...

I think every team has posted things the other teams will find "interesting" ;)

But no worries - we were all playing a terrific game, and now we'll get a chance to see how the others were able to take advantages of our weaknesses; as well as counter our strengths!

No rational person will hold things posted by someone in a team's private forum against them. It would be strange if every one posted nothing but flowery elegies about the other teams :)

I simply cannot wait to read the other forums, as you may guess!!

Top Bottom