Conquest 01: Saves are now available!

That is the easiest, though you'll have many double files. The only thing you should be aware of is that the game has a register value which points to only one of the two installations. This means that you will have to be careful to start the correct executable. The way I've done it is make shortcuts to them and give those the appropriate names; C3Cv115 and C3Cv122 for instance.
The startup screen with the menu will show the version in the leftbottom corner.

So lemme get this straight...

I stayed up all night, waiting for the saves to be posted...

And then I find out I've got to wait two more weeks?

A little advanced notice would've been nice about this, I now have to drive for 2 hours on no sleep.

Offa said:
Losing the Mac guys is the main drawback :cry: The vanilla guys will just have to invest a few ££. Hopefully a lot of people will join in as the long process of patching for a gotm was offputting and some players disliked the modded games.
You don't get rid of me that easily! We shall still have a 1.29/PtW game each month, or I shall make a personal and very violent visit to New Zealand, and hunt down Ainwood and bury him under his new deck :evil: :joke:

Anyway, he's got to keep me on side, as I'm currently the only one who knows how the new submissions system works and can fix it when it breaks :D

This is going to be fun. :crazyeye: First I've got all those pediaicons file and art to swap around to play GOTM in Vanilla (because I couldn't get the thing to work with the PTW .exe that came on my conquests disk..) Now I get to figure out how to have 1.15b and 1.22 living on the hard drive at the same time because of the SGs I'm in...

I think I'm going to go download Snoopy's terrain. I don't have enough to fiddle with this month. :rolleyes: And while I'm at it, maybe I'll hack up my sig to say something like

[civ3]1.29f vanilla for SGOTM, swapping occasionally to
[civ3]1.29f w/ GOTM hacks b/c I can't play GOTM with my
[ptw] 1.27, but I also have
[c3c] 1.15b for SGs and [c3c] 1.22 for COTM

OED Definition

Mac User: def. Maverick. Loose Cannon. Rebel. Pathological tinkerer of obsolescent hardware/software.

Join the Empire. Resistance is futile. :borg:

OED Definition

Windows User: noun. Conformist lacky to Bill Gates. Thinks regular OS crashes are cool. Suffers from, or is paranoid about, viruses, trojan horses, worms. Lives in strange inverted parallel universe where you click Start when you want it to Stop, and Finish when you want it to Start.

Man the barricades! Think different! You have nothing to lose but your paperclips! :ninja:

Well, I proposed TNAMGOTMPOC (The New And Marvellous GOTM Played On Conquests) but none of the Staff seemed to like it... :p

Regarding the two-week lag on GOTM32, we all agreed that running GOTM and "the other one" in parallel would be confusing and more difficult to handle for what concerns map making and administrative stuff, hence our moving the former to mid-month.
This would mean having to wait a couple of weeks in any case, either at the beginning for the new save, or at the end for the results.
Ainwood actually did propose to prepare in haste a lousy larger map instead of the wonderful, unforgettable game he has in store for us for GOTM32... in the end, we went for a little pain immediately and a bigger reward later on :)

This day had to come eventually! It's unfortunate that the two contests couldn't be combined.

Thankfully, I upgraded to DSL about a week ago, and the 24.2 MB 1.22 patch for CSC only took 10 minutes to download (vs maybe 3 hours with dial-up!) I'm off to find a good thread about PTW vs Conquest differences; know of any you'd like to point out?

Karasu said:
Well, I proposed TNAMGOTMPOC (The New And Marvellous GOTM Played On Conquests) but none of the Staff seemed to like it... :p
As one who only recently started playing the hacked-up GOTM version of vanilla, I hope you guys continue to support that for a while. I really enjoy all the 'extras'... the Pictish barbs, the junks... I find it fun to be playing along and see something I haven't seen before (even if it is followed immediately by a "what the <expletive> was that?!?!? )

As for being "forced" to download and install YACH (Yet Another Civ Hack)... I wouldn't do it if you guys on GOTM staff weren't doing so much that adds to my enjoyment of the game...

Great news!!

Has the 'Allow Scientific Leaders' option been enabled?

Other than having two complete C3C loads, does any have any recommendations on how to have a 1.15 and a 1.22 load. I'm presently playing all my C3C games (SGs and Epic 41) in 1.15 and don't want to lose those.

Sir Bugsy said:
Other than having two complete C3C loads, does any have any recommendations on how to have a 1.15 and a 1.22 load. I'm presently playing all my C3C games (SGs and Epic 41) in 1.15 and don't want to lose those.
@bugs -> unfortunately, that is the way i did it. i had 1.15b loaded and 1st copied it to another partition on my hard drive. I then updated my original installation to 1.22f and made a shortcut to my desktop for the 1.15b. takes about 1.5GB to do this :eek: but it is very easy. no complaints so far but I've only been doing it for about 1.5 months.

1.5 GB seems a bit excessive :eek: I wonder what takes up so much space :hmm: Civ3 vanilla on my Mac uses about half that. On an 80 GB drive I have ... let's see ... seven copies installed currently. Must do some spring cleaning!

Top Bottom