consecutive action order

Heroushi

Chieftain
Hi guys,

I have played civ4 on win for a long time
and tried to play civ4 on mac sold at steam recently.

I encountered a problem on orders of unit's consecutive actions.
As you know, during pressing shift key, we can order
consecutive actions for units.

This function does not work on mac.
I searched web, especially this forum
but could not find an article that mentioned the problem.

I wonder how other players manage it
and would appreciate if you can give me an advice.

Hi guys,

I have played civ4 on win for a long time
and tried to play civ4 on mac sold at steam recently.

I encountered a problem on orders of unit's consecutive actions.
As you know, during pressing shift key, we can order
consecutive actions for units.

This function does not work on mac.
I searched web, especially this forum
but could not find an article that mentioned the problem.

I wonder how other players manage it
and would appreciate if you can give me an advice.

I do it all the time, and it works for me. I just hold down shift as I click on the "quarry" button and then the "road" button to hook up some marble, for instance. What steps do you follow when you're trying to queue orders?

I do it all the time, and it works for me. I just hold down shift as I click on the "quarry" button and then the "road" button to hook up some marble, for instance. What steps do you follow when you're trying to queue orders?

Thank you for the reply.

That's true the sequence "quarry" button and "road" button works.
However, a sequence including "move" does not work.

The following sequence is an example.
1. shift + "farm" button
2. shift + "road" button
3. shift + ctrl + click (to move)
4. shift + "farm" button

We cannot order the 4th item.
It works until the 3rd item.
Besides, we cannot use shift key with short cut key ( "i" for farm, for instance).
:(

I'm running the windows version of Civ4 bts 3.19, but on a Mac using a virtual machine, and I'm having the same issue!

Queue orders only work until a move order. Seems the Mac environment isn't capable of listening for this kind of hold-shift + keyboard and click combinations.

Sucks because I can't tell the workers to go somewhere and THEN build (the mine, irrigation, whatever).

If anyone finds some sort of solution, please let us know!

:sad:

Which versions of OSX and Windows are you using? Also which virtual machine program? In order to help, anyone will need to know these things.

For example: I am using OSX 10.6.8, Windows 7, and Parallels. It works fine for me. A few key commands don't work but that is due to the settings that I have selected in Parallels. I could get them to work by changing the Parallels setup but don't want them often enough to do so.

I'm so excited I finally resolved this issue for myself after many hours of research and experimentation. After many tedious games micromanaging workers each turn, I can finally queue many orders for them again like I once did on my PC machine.

I'm playing Steam version of Civ4 BtS 3.1.9 on Windows 10 virtual machine nested inside Mac OS 10.13.3 using Parallels Desktop 13 Home Edition.

Somehow the problem is with the Shift key mapping to the virtual machine. If you map another unused key combination in Mac ==> Shift key in Windows, it resolves the problem.

Spoiler Shift key mapping :
shift mapping.jpeg

In Parallels Preferences window, I've mapped the Shift + Q keys to translate as Shift in Windows. Now when I play Civ4 on my virtual machine, I hold down Shift + Q when giving orders to units and it queues the orders correctly!

I hope this helps someone else, as it was seriously impacting my enjoyment of the game on large maps with lots of workers.

Top Bottom