Corona Virus multiplayer challenge

San Francisco was captured in a bold amphibious operation! General Macumseh leapfrogged over Aryan defenses to liberate the Golden Gate city. The landing in Monterey Bay, south of San Francisco, went fairly smoothly, although some artillery failed to get in position in time for the assault. An internal uprising of Confederation patriots then opened the gates of the city to the attacking forces.

Dagnabit, you Eurowenie-flagged be-touped varmints - you've gone back on your word not to invade northern California. You were not content blocking in your Indian allies and preventing their expansion, but had to traipse your perfumed feet into my territory. If I had any ground troops, and maybe a nuke or two, and perhaps some money and cities, I'd declare war on yer!

My message to our Indian friends is simple: Are you happy being taken for a ride by these weasily confeds, or do you want to join the winning team and ally with the bikers and US Empire?

Sacremento taken btw :)

Attachments

• 2047janBikers.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 102
Dagnabit, you Eurowenie-flagged be-touped varmints - you've gone back on your word not to invade northern California. You were not content blocking in your Indian allies and preventing their expansion, but had to traipse your perfumed feet into my territory. If I had any ground troops, and maybe a nuke or two, and perhaps some money and cities, I'd declare war on yer!

My message to our Indian friends is simple: Are you happy being taken for a ride by these weasily confeds, or do you want to join the winning team and ally with the bikers and US Empire?

Sacremento taken btw :)

I did offer to make a deal. All you said was that it was too bad I didn't offer you a bribe. It didn't sound like you were interested. Everything is negotiable, if you want to send me a PM. San Francisco is proving a bit confusing for some of my troops anyway.

I did offer to make a deal. All you said was that it was too bad I didn't offer you a bribe. It didn't sound like you were interested. Everything is negotiable, if you want to send me a PM. San Francisco is proving a bit confusing for some of my troops anyway.

Bribe is such a troubling word. I prefer consideration.

I agree, the scenario get´s more and more interesting, since the AI is more or less wiped out. I´m really excited, how the things will evolve.:)

Nothing happened in happy Indian lands

Attachments

• 2047janIndian.zip
    50.3 KB · Views: 133
I like the mechanic of changing the terrain into rural areas. Unfortunatelly I discovered it just a few turns ago.:rolleyes:
I will try to use it in my Civilwar scenario, as I hope it will also work fine like in this scenario.

Bribe is such a troubling word. I prefer consideration.

Large, distant cities would be more valuable to Tech in another player's hands, IMO. You should let him keep them :)

Edit--company is coming over so I'll in a bit.

The following cities have joined the revolution: Montreal, Quebec City, Boston, Albany, Buffalo, Hartford, Providence, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Dover, Washington, Richmond, Norfolk, Raleigh, Charlotte, Columbia, Charleston, Eureka, Atlanta, Montgomery, Birmingham, Jackson, Progress City, Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Unfortunately, counter-revolutionary forces in New York required severe methods to suppress.

Revolution has also broken out in Biker Land. Sacramento, Baphomet City, and Harrisburg have all joined the revolution. More are expected to join in the coming turns. Rebel cities Rochester and Morgantown have also thrown off the shackles of tyranny.

Attachments

• 2047febConfed.rar
    42.2 KB · Views: 123
I was a very surprised to see nearly all former imperial cities are now under control of the Confederation. First of all, the great chief thought he smoked too much of that weed, but it´s looking real.

Btw, the great chief thanks the Confederation for giving the Indian Alliance San Diego and Los Angeles. Currently some of our troops moving to south California to get control of them.

Attachments

• 2047febIndian.zip
    50.3 KB · Views: 111
Well you uploaded the wrong save, @civ2units but it doesn't really matter. I concede. Well done, @techumseh , you win. You developed a strategy and executed on your plan. My hat's off to you.

You built a ton of spies, took over city after city and constantly sold the improvements that are exceptionally lucrative to sell in this scenario given their high shield cost. This allowed you to take 31 cities in one turn despite starting your turn with 3400 or so gold. It's annoying that this is possible, but I could have rushed corporatocracy and didn't, so shame on me.

Anyway, sorry to do this to everyone else as it was a good time since March and I'm sorry to see it go, but I see little point to continuing since Tech can simply buy everyone's cities over the next 2-3 turns if you so choose. Granted I suppose we could all rush spies and just do this back and forth but that seems pretty stupid.

I will have to figure out a way to work around this situation in The Cold War 1947-1991 as I would hate to have this same thing happen there, so I'm glad you showed me this strategy.

@CurtSibling I know you don't use lua, but I think since you're revisiting this scenario you may want to take what happened here into consideration and ask if you wish for this to be possible in the future. There are probably some ways to lessen the likelihood this occurs via conventional scenario building. It seems that the low cost of spies and high cost of improvements make this the best strategy going forward, and frankly it probably could have been executed very early on.

Anyway gents, once the three of you finish the game, if anyone is bored, I wouldn't mind starting a game of "Warlords of Bitterfrost" which seems to be a good MP scenario too. I really need a few minutes of Civ2 to pass each day by :)

Thanks all,

Thanks for the enjoyable game all, and congrats to Tech for his startling coup de grace!

Thank you gentlemen. My fingernails are bitten down to the nub, waiting for this turn. :twitch: The high value of selling improvements and the trade pay offs in the scenario provide large cash flows that are not reflected in the cost of bribing cities, making it relatively cheap to do so. The other factor is that spy units are also paratroops, making them extra useful for bribing cities. That, and the fact that John had quite a few spies in his cities as well, made to possible to extend the revolution farther than I had planned.

Civ2units expressed surprise at the extent of the revolution. So was I when I finished my turn, so I asked Prof. Garfield to repeat the turn, in case there were any questions. I can report that he did considerably better than I did. He may wish to add some comments of his own.

It was lots of fun and I look forward to the next one. Thanks everybody.

Your victory is completely legitimate, but it us yet another example of the issue with Civ2 multiplayer games, as nearly all of them end in similar fashion. You play for 50 turns, build up an empire, and its all done in 1 to 2 turns. Countless games over the years follow this pattern. This ending, in my opinion, is one of the more rediculous examples.

Basically, in this game, about 30 cities that were mostly happy, and had almost never been in disorder, completely defected in one turn to a hostile empire. You executed a strategy flawlessly, but, it's still a stupid way for the game to end, and something I need to address for Cold War.

I mean, when you think about it, we've both long had enough spies to do this. I'd be pretty interested to see just how early one civ could take out another with this system.

And this isn't a knock against you, Tech. You played by the rules and won, I just think it's rediculous that this is possible, which I trust you can understand.

Top Bottom