Corona Virus multiplayer challenge

Here are a few suggestions.

The map could be modified to allow for more sea movement. You could add the St. Lawrence Seaway, a network of canals and locks that opens up the entire Great Lakes to moderately sized ocean going vessels. And you could add the Panama Canal, which would make John very happy!

ToTPP allows an additional flag that allows ships to move along rivers. Perhaps create a riverine unit with this flag. It can only be used by a human player though - the AI doesn't recognize it.

Add units with AA capability. Maybe a strong one with zero movement and a less powerful mobile AA unit.

A spy unit in a city can block diplomats trying to steal technologies or sabotage. I'm not sure about blocking a bribe attempt, but it might be worth checking.

I suggest changing the name of the "Indian" civilization. It's no longer considered correct or respectful. In Canada, we use the term "First Nations" or indigenous. I don't know what they use in the states, other than Native Americans.

Last edited:
@techumseh
My thanks for the suggestions, I will take them onboard for sure. The spies and diplomats will get my attention, as will AA units.
I was actually going to change the Indian Alliance to reflect more of a Mexican cartel theme. This was not due to any especial
care for anyone's PC feel-feels, but it just fitted the redesigned world better. There will be still native units, of course.

I was actually going to change the Indian Alliance to reflect more of a Mexican cartel theme. This was not due to any especial
care for anyone's PC feel-feels, but it just fitted the redesigned world better.

Scope creep can be a big problem with lua, and I'll be a terrible friend for it, but I was thinking about this...

Lua can unlock some very interesting economic options that would represent control of the drug trade. If you've never checked out Caesar, go play around for a couple of turns and slay some townsfolk. Notice how where ever they are killed, a "slaves" unit pops up in the exact location where it is killed, no matter where that is. I used it as a typical "bring it back to base and disband it for shields" unit, but it could also be a "bring it to a certain place, press 'k' and get $$$" unit too. Imagine if you did extend the map south a bit to cover more of Mexico and maybe through Panama/Columbia (the northern portion of South Africa, basically). Perhaps stationary "drug" units pop up there from time to time... Whoever controls the region can go harvest them and they're converted to a movable resource that is brought back to a city to either disband or press k for a bonus... If the city has a certain improvement, the cash bonus is higher (see the Battle of the Atlantic mechanism in OTR where freighters give more money in if you bring them to cities with economic buildings before hitting 'k').

You could use the same concept with weapons stores, alcohol, prostitutes, anything that you think would fuel the economy in post-Apocalyptic America. Control of certain areas that have these valuable resources might lead to more frequent mini-wars too.

Well you could get creative with where the drugs show up. There are certainly several that are "home grown" unfortunately!

Top Bottom