Corrupted files using Editor

elemming

Chieftain
While developing a new scenario or mod in the editor I notice that the scenarios can sometimes become corrupt.

Among other extensive changes to the rules I deleted most non-modern units. First debug game after this I had 2 F-15's show up on build lists. Building Modern Armor would cause the game to crash with a no-PRTO error although that unit was not changed and the PRTO was there. I imported the unit rules from a previous save and that error disappeared. Now it crashes sometimes when using the military advisor screen. No names of units were changed or new units added.

Other bugs that have shown up:
- I had given several Mech Infantry to my aincient wonder dumping ground civ, sometime it will convert these to different units- artillery or spearmen.
- I converted The Pentagon to automatically produce a Stealth Bomber every 6 turns instead of being related to Armies. It worked correctly then in different games instead it produced TOW Infantry and Caravel. When I reload and check the editor the unit it produces has been changed to that unit.
- Leader shows up on the build list with a cost of 0.
- After increasing the number of players in my scenario it loaded bizarrely - stopping after a few civilizations, notifying me that the new civilizations were building aincient wonders, then continueing for several minutes to load the rest of the scenario. All unit placements were messed up with ships and ICBMs scattered everywhere. (-This has been fixed, not a bug but exceeded number of civs for that size world.)

Top Bottom