COVID personal experiences

I have never understood the actual reality regarding the value that people deliver in their job and the money they get from it.

IDK what kind of work you do, but in simple terms it has always since time immemorial been so that talkers closer to the warmth of the power get more money than people doing hard work, whether manual or with their head.

If for example a low-paid blue collar sitting on his fork truck has a bad day and makes a collision with a piece of machinery, in the shopfloor... the direct damage, the breakdown and production disruption damage is far bigger than a typical office clerk can achieve. Not even mentioning the mostly high noise level, the worse coffee, the time punching for breaks and the time loss at breaks and end of service for washing hands, etc etc.
And yet the income difference and secondary advantages for an office clerk are written in stone since time immemorial.

And you, subscribing to traditions, want to change that tradition of traditions just from one minor dip ???
time immemorial really? come on dial it back.
I'll tell you what this communist I used to drink with told me "Get the money, get the money, get the money. Most people will stab you in the back for an extra hours overtime, so get yours" He may be an alcoholic, who now drinks alone in his flat, but he's right.

Sure, typical. But for some office employees, a computer security mishap results in dozens of executions and endangers national security.

Botched CIA Communications System Helped Blow Cover of Chinese Agents

Of course, qualified people who work on those comm systems could make several times more money by going to work in SV, thinking about how to make people click ads, and having no real consequences for their mishaps.

There will always be exceptions for some critical jobs and critical tasks.
Just like that there are moments and jobs that it really does matter whether you have an extraordinary talent or ace in charge or just a qualified bread and butter employee,

But for the bulk of the employees I believe that this does not apply.

The pharmacy in my grocery store actually has acetaminophen. It's more than I'm used to paying, but at least it's not Amazon levels of gouging.

time immemorial really? come on dial it back.
I'll tell you what this communist I used to drink with told me "Get the money, get the money, get the money. Most people will stab you in the back for an extra hours overtime, so get yours" He may be an alcoholic, who now drinks alone in his flat, but he's right.

A money, money, money communist...
hm

I would not mind having a discussion with "this communist"
There are so many kinds of self-proclaimed communists.
My personal discussion experience with communists ranges from dockworkers in Amsterdam that initiated the strike during the WW2 Nazi occupation against Jews being deported mostly from visits having a Jenever (Dutch gin) at coffee time in the morning to the most colorfull variants and splinters you can possibly think off among anarchists and communists during the early 80ies in the autonome and squatting scene of Amsterdam.

What kind of communist is "this communist" you talk about ?

Last edited:
having read this ode to American toilet paper ı do scoff at the glory of 3 inch pipes , now that my late father would also do the sanitary stuff and stuff and he would never but never lay anything but 5 parmak , you know , inch pipes ... Fully approved myself , having had to open stuff only once myself .

Mum called me panic, told me not to go out, to keep the stuff that we get from outside out of the house for hours before we admitted in, spray then cleanse it. She becoming so panic because my cousin, who I'm so close with when I was teenager, especially with his older brother get admitted in the hospital for suspect Corona virus. I calm my mum, but about going out I don't have any other choice, I have to go out sometime to make money, it's dilemmatic, but I just told her "mum don't worry, everything is great". My sister send me the whatsapp that his mother send to my sister with a lots of crying emo-icon, telling her that her son now in the isolation room, the nurse told her that it's saver at home than in the hospital because there are so many Covid positive there, now they still check him hoping the result will be negative. He is practically never go out except couples of time accompanying his father to buy house-need, but he is over-weight and physically weak and on medication for his psychological problem, he is 3 years younger than me 1987. His brother call me also I told him I call him back later, because now I need to go out to make a work done.

Stay save cfc!

Left the house to go to supermarket to do some serious buying.

No flour, yeast, handsanititizer. Didn't expect any.

Most things are available, pastas taken a hit but bought some ramen and lasagne. Went in 7:30pm end of the day.

Only letting in one person at a time with one trolley. They had sanitizer, wipes and disenfectant with shop assistant.

TP isle.
IMG_20200407_193212.jpg

Heard horror story from American friend, poor bastards.

Supplies from Russia. Bought 4 Zatecky Gus. Help out Red Elks economy.

IMG_20200407_194628.jpg

1 NZD= 0.59 USD

Gallon of ZG approx $13 USD.
3.6 litres approx 1000 roubles.

Last edited:
Can anyone please sell me a web camera? I was told literally approx 1 hour ago that they have been SOLD OUT in whole Europe.

I can pay you via paypal or swedbank.

My sister is a nurse in Northern Virginia. She is not working directly with COVID-19 patients, but because she is not they are limiting her access to PPE. Overall this may not super negatively impact her, because her floor is mostly for recovering from surgeries that have virtually stopped since this all began. While some departments and staff are absolutely slammed, others just don't have much to do right now because everything else has slowed down dramatically.

My mother-in-law is a respiratory therapist in a hospital in downtown Atlanta. She IS directly treating COVID-19 patients. She's had to reuse her facemask (EDIT: face shield, sorry) for almost 2 weeks now, they've been instructed to just wipe it down after every shift, then keep it in a ziplock bag until the next shift. She said that it's developing a cloudy film on it after repeated cleanings. My uncle who has a 3D printer is sending her some face shields so she doesn't have to keep reusing it. Her hospital is seriously rationing masks, fortunately she's been getting masks/gloves/etc because she is working directly with COVID patients, but still. Staff at the hospital will only get tests if they start to show symptoms. A small bit of good news at her hospital at least...yesterday they had fewer patients on ventilators than any of the previous however-many days. Hopefully that turns into a trend.

We haven't seen them in weeks because of her exposure, and my 2-year old keeps asking to see her Mimi. She just doesn't understand why she's being kept from her family, and yesterday asked "where is anyone?".

Last edited:
I discovered the other night that it's not easy working a debit machine while wearing gloves.

I went ahead with my plan for Chinese food a few nights ago, and enjoyed a nice meal of won ton soup, vegetables (from the fish and chips meal; I added them to the soup so it was more of a combination of won ton soup plus broccoli, carrots, bok choy, and mushrooms), and garlic toast.

The soup from this restaurant (it's a local, independently-owned place) has been my go-to when I have bad colds; it's better by far than chicken soup. And I think it did help some. I still have a chronic cough, but it's not as bad.

here it was in the news that some little kids accept the curfew easily because they know there are zombies out there , but quite possibly that's not a good thing to pass on ...

here it was in the news that some little kids accept the curfew easily because they know there are zombies out there , but quite possibly that's not a good thing to pass on ...
She has a wonderfully active imagination, so that probably would not be a great thing to tell her :crazyeye:

Oh yeah, forgot to say also, because of COVID-19 I couldn't be there with my wife to find out the sex of the new baby. I really, really, really hope that this stuff doesn't last until August. I don't want her to have to give birth isolated from all her family.

Well, pretty sure my daughter dislocated her elbow, so now I'm sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's in gloves and mask... I'm not allowed in with her per social distancing rules so just hearing her cry with mom.. Pretty much the exact situation we wanted to avoid. Enter: paranoia and nervousness for next 2 weeks and God willing that's all! Wish us luck!

Well, pretty sure my daughter dislocated her elbow, so now I'm sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's in gloves and mask... I'm not allowed in with her per social distancing rules so just hearing her cry with mom.. Pretty much the exact situation we wanted to avoid. Enter: paranoia and nervousness for next 2 weeks and God willing that's all! Wish us luck!
I'm so sorry to hear that, everything about that situation sucks. Best wishes to your daughter and family.

According to my grandfather, who was a very wise man, icecream is an excellent treatment for all sorts of ailments, so it sounds like your daughter might need a prescription for a daily dose!

How did she pull that off?

Top Bottom