CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Great mod! The best ever!
There is only 1 major bug in my games. Every time I load a saved game, any of my cities do not show the production panel on the right side. I've read about these earlier, but did not find an answer. Is there a possibility to fix this? Could I change something in ProductionPanel.lua or else to recall the missing panel? Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance!

This is an impressive MOD. I've really enjoyed the fact that we can sort with the Review Reports tab, among half a dozen things this MOD improves. I'm still hoping we'll get a City Population notification at some time.

I've noticed that the city build list contains a build time for things that already are built. I would expect a checkmark. Bug or something I've misconfigured?
If a bug, should I submit something through github?

I think I have a fix for this one.
In Assets/UI/Panels/productionpanel.lua at about line 1109, the code to display the district turns-to-build or a checkbox seems broken. I could not understand what it was trying do do. The original code (with one more line) seems to do the right thing. Replace 1109-1121 with this.

if(item.HasBeenBuilt and GameInfo.Districts[item.Type].OnePerCity == true and not item.Repair and not item.Contaminated) then
turnsStrTT = Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_CITY_DISTRICT_BUILT_TT");
turnsStr = "[ICON_Checkmark]";
districtListing.RecommendedIcon:SetHide(true);
else
turnsStrTT = item.TurnsLeft .. Locale.Lookup("LOC_HUD_CITY_TURNS_TO_COMPLETE", item.TurnsLeft);
turnsStr = item.TurnsLeft .. "[ICON_Turn]";
end

I hope this makes sense. And, I hope it helps.

Yeah, I'm not sure that the fix works. Or, if I have some other problem. I do see the checkmark for districts that have been built rather than a number of turns. But, my build queue is acting funny for districts under repair. I think I've seen build queue funniness for items under repair, so I might be worried about nothing.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if some developer could take a look at the fix.

Thanks!

Man, I for the life of me just cannot seem to get this mod to work with my VI which is a total shame because after seeing how it looks compared to Vanilla I can't even play the game without it

Every time I meet a new Civ, the UI completely disappears, I am able to move units, but half the menu is greyed out and can't do anything else besides return to game, menu, or exit game. I have yet to get past turn 50 in 5 games so far.

I payed the game using this mod with 'Ananse's (new) BFG Modpack'. I noticed that at around 160 turns, all the resource yield displayed on the map. Normally, when you hover the mouse pointer over the city name, all the resource yield is displayed. I decided to quit the game and restart. Not sure which mod caused the resources to be displayed.

I noticed when using the nightly that when I open the settings file to edit it I get a message saying that it contains non ansi characters.

Anyone else seeing this? I tried editing it once nonetheless, but it seemed that the game couldn't read it.

\Skodkim

Hi, First Thanks for this great mod

There is only 1 major bug in my games. Every time I load a saved game, any of my cities do not show the production panel on the right side. I've read about these earlier, but did not find an answer. Is there a possibility to fix this? Could I change something in ProductionPanel.lua or else to recall the missing panel? Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance!

I have more or less the same bug as Seedorf about the production panel. When I try to build a corps of a unity in my city, The production panel do not show anymore, and so I can't change the production of my city. I must wait until the corps is done. Have you a solution ?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : I have the last Steam version from March the 18th.
I saw that bug is considered as resolved (https://github.com/CQUI-Org/cqui/pull/302/files) and I even try to replace the ProductionPanel.lua file by the most recent one directly download on github site with no success.

Last edited:
The only bug I think I am seeing (Steam version) is when I add map pins, my first choice for the type of pin is ignored and I have to edit the pin a second time to get it to take my selection. This doesn't start until well into the game or maybe once I have a long list (maybe over a dozen or two).

Not sure if the Encampment in the middle of the ocean is a Civ bug or a CGUI bug.

Please download and use the OSX/Linux version from the workshop or the osx/linux branch on github

I know it will be a stupid question, but I can not find the osx/linux branch on github. Could someone please give me the direct address, please.
Same issues happened again with the new master file (No portraits and no civics tree) and I need the osx/linux branch on github.

Thank you in advance!

I struggled with this SO MUCH!

For me I solved this once I cleared up my misunderstanding that CQUI includes Production Queue. I have tested this so many times this morning, and out of all the mods, this only happens when I run both CQUI and a separate Production Queue mod during a game, save, and reload. If you have Production Queue enabled and installed, try disabling that. I didn't realize it was redundant.

Last edited:
I struggled with this SO MUCH!

For me I solved this once I cleared up my misunderstanding that CQUI includes Production Queue. I have tested this so many times this morning, and out of all the mods, this only happens when I run both CQUI and a separate Production Queue mod during a game, save, and reload. If you have Production Queue enabled and installed, try disabling that. I didn't realize it was redundant.

Thank you so much!! It seems like working perfectly.. Thanks a lot!!

Hmmmm, been playing around trying to get the nightly to work without the UI disappearing after a few turns, and still no luck, so I tried out the older version v0.6 I believe and it works as supposed to when meeting a new civ but I get the resource bug as expected, and I'm sure whatever else was changed for the Winter Update. I am using a fresh Civ VI with no mods installed, so not quite sure what is going on, I will keep trying to get this working this afternoon.

Hmmmm, been playing around trying to get the nightly to work without the UI disappearing after a few turns, and still no luck, so I tried out the older version v0.6 I believe and it works as supposed to when meeting a new civ but I get the resource bug as expected, and I'm sure whatever else was changed for the Winter Update. I am using a fresh Civ VI with no mods installed, so not quite sure what is going on, I will keep trying to get this working this afternoon.
What I don't understand is how it "backwards-breaks" all my old auto-saves.

I somehow managed to get it to work I think! Only met one civ so far, but I actually got to see the animation, and the UI came back!!!
I'm going to start a fresh game and confirm. I did not have the summer update installed, so once I updated Civ it took care of the issue. Anyone else having this issue, make sure the game is updated to the Summer build

I have a question. I have heard a lot of good things about this mod, and I do acknowledge that this mod makes things simpler. But is there a way to reduced the info in the city banners? Mind you, I am really considering this mod. However the info in the city banners is the only thing that's been putting me off from it. It clutters the screen a bit. Is there any way to toggle this in the mod? If not, may I suggest adding such a feature? Thanks :)

I have a question. I have heard a lot of good things about this mod, and I do acknowledge that this mod makes things simpler. But is there a way to reduced the info in the city banners? Mind you, I am really considering this mod. However the info in the city banners is the only thing that's been putting me off from it. It clutters the screen a bit. Is there any way to toggle this in the mod? If not, may I suggest adding such a feature? Thanks :)

I like the extra info in the city banners, so I have not tried to turn it off, but this mod has it's own popup with a TON of settings, so many that I have not taken the time to learn them all, so there is a very good chance you can tone the banner down. My only complaint about the settings is that they are NOT remembered. You have to set them up EVERY game. Not to bad, since my games take up to two weeks, but I get tired of fiddling with them so I tend to leave most of them set to defaults. There is probably some kind of file I could edit to adjust the 'defaults', but I fear that would get overwritten with every update.

I'm not sure if this is a default feature in the game, but isn't it supposed to show the last thing produced by a city? In my game (played with Ananse's (new) BFG Modpack), my cities did not show this.

Top Bottom