Crash as soon as a game starts

Darkeagle6

Chieftain
Hello,

I got Civilization IV Complete Off steam not so long ago, and just tonight I thought I'd check out Colonization. Well, after watching the opening movie and setting up my first game, I get the little opening screen telling me I was sent by the king etc etc. Only, as soon as I clicked OK (or continue, or whatever it is), the game crashes. I've tried three times, and I'm stuck.

Has anyone run into a similar problem and know what to do?
Thanks!

EDIT: So, I fixed the problem. I accidentally (but happily) stumbled on the solution on another gaming forum. Turns out I just had to lower the graphics quality in the options. I turned it to medium and the game ran, but after a brief moment of confusion I realised that my colonist models weren't being fully rendered (ie all you could see from the soldier was his gun XD). So I turned the level to low and checked the option that goes along the lines of "use lower resolution textures" and it works perfectly fine now.

I just thought I'd share, in case other non-computer-savy people run into the same problem I had!

Darkeagle6,

Awesome, you solved my problem! Actually my brother's problem. Well appreciated!

Top Bottom