Crash to desktop

phizuol

Warlord
This save should be a turn or two before a crash to desktop. I couldn't find anything immediately obvious to cause it. I did notice that Hyborem had been summoned but just sat for many many turns outside a barbarian town (eventually captured by Bannor). But no matter what he just sat there. I tried deleting him but that didn't prevent the crash either.

Please ignore the gameplay thus far, it's a save from "a friend".

Attachments

• BeforeTheCrash.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
What version are you running? I cannot even load the file without crashing. I also noticed that the file is very large.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'm using 0.41j. It's a large map with all 19 civs on it which may or may not have something to do with the file size.

I saw your other response to another thread about tiger summoning and this game did have a lot of tiger summoning. Oh yes, a lot lot. And tiger stealing with my assassin with subdue animal too. I did notice that some summoning was going on during the "crash turn" so I suspect that might be linked.

I don't intend to play this game anymore anyway, so no need to fix it. I was just posting it to help root out bugs. For future reference what is the fix for this sort of thing?

I'm using 0.41j. It's a large map with all 19 civs on it which may or may not have something to do with the file size.

I saw your other response to another thread about tiger summoning and this game did have a lot of tiger summoning. Oh yes, a lot lot. And tiger stealing with my assassin with subdue animal too. I did notice that some summoning was going on during the "crash turn" so I suspect that might be linked.

I don't intend to play this game anymore anyway, so no need to fix it. I was just posting it to help root out bugs. For future reference what is the fix for this sort of thing?

Well, that's a good version!

It is really odd that I can't load the file ..... Can you now load the file from the save you sent on the internet? I know you don't intend to play any more, but the other 'tiger' related bugs didn't keep me from loading. Maybe the sheer size is an issue?

If the cause is indeed the summon tiger bug, then so far the best I can do is delete some tigers in the worldbuilder. It seems to happen when the stack with the tigers wants to summon more tigers, but unfortunately I don't think it is as simple as the tigers exceeding the number of preists of leaves avaialble (maybe), it looks like it is a bit more complex. Although maybe that is the problem, that there are a lot of priests summoning tigers and they exceed some limit.

For your game, I wonder if there is some maximum number of units available, or maybe our computers just can't handle the requirmeents of such a large file.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I'll give it a try when I get home. There were definitely more tigers than summoners for a while since I stole a stack of 10 or more tigers. I think I suicided them all before the saved crashed though, but there might have been some lingering problem that it caused.

I did reload the save a few times, but I'll try even downloading it from the forum and loading this exact file. If it loads I'll delete some tigers and see what happens.

Well, pretty interesting. I was able to download & load the save file no problem. Then I deleted a bunch of Ljosalfar units (the said tiger offenders) and right away Hyborem was able to found his city. Maybe unit counts, tigers, and Hyborem are related somehow. Not sure exactly, but hopefully this is some help to the bug team. I was able to continue a few turns after that with no problem so I assume it was fixed.

I keep getting a crash to the desktop as well. I believe I've installed the game correctly and its running on patch j. But at turn 270 I get this. By the way, the save file is 2 turns before the crash.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4adaaef5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001a3b10
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 3164
Additional Information 2: f31c530d3d12785f4cca5eb2cbce0d8e
Additional Information 3: 011d
Additional Information 4: 01351879a445e41ad4df3ba5eb395c4d

Attachments

• Einion Logos AD-0250.CivBeyondSwordSave
    690.7 KB · Views: 75
I keep getting a crash to the desktop as well. I believe I've installed the game correctly and its running on patch j. But at turn 270 I get this. By the way, the save file is 2 turns before the crash.

Is this an FfH game or some sort of modmod? There is stuff in that game that I've never seen, and some weird results (like Hyborem and Basium being in the game even though you are playing with Compact Enforced)?

Incidentally, I got a CtD, not a crash.

Best wishes,

Breunor

It's a scenario, KE Huge ICE empires v1.0, sorry I'm not too computer savvy so it might've actually just been a CtD with me too since I don't know what a CtD is. :/
This happens at some point in all my FfH games, I always play with all the civilizations too. Are the maps I play just too big?
I use the world editor a lot if that makes a difference.

It's a scenario, KE Huge ICE empires v1.0, sorry I'm not too computer savvy so it might've actually just been a CtD with me too since I don't know what a CtD is. :/
This happens at some point in all my FfH games, I always play with all the civilizations too. Are the maps I play just too big?
I use the world editor a lot if that makes a difference.

My bad, I meant it was a WoC and not a crash. Yeah, you have so many custom thingies in there that it will be hard for someone like me to debug it, especially with such a large game. The scenario you are playing (looks neat Btw) may have trouble with all of the latest rule changes.

Sorry, I'm going to pass.

Best wishes,

Breunor

My bad, I meant it was a WoC and not a crash. Yeah, you have so many custom thingies in there that it will be hard for someone like me to debug it, especially with such a large game. The scenario you are playing (looks neat Btw) may have trouble with all of the latest rule changes.

Sorry, I'm going to pass.
Ah, I'm very sorry, I wasn't asking you to debug it, I was just wondering why my games always messed up. I really hope you didn't waste any of your time though. :/
I think I'll just pass on that scenario then and play regular games, hopefully they won't mess up the same way.
Thanks very much anyhow :D

Top Bottom