Crash when meeting Foreign King

Mekajiki

Warlord
I don't know if this is a common issue but I was recently playing on v1.06 as Simon Bolivar and an AI John Adams failed miserably in his revolution and the King of England started roaming around.

Basically, my game would crash when I ended the turn that his name appeared in my box every time.

I thought it was possible for it to be some random bug dealing with the turn I was on, so I went into WorldBuilder and deleted a few of his ships so it would take longer for him to get to me. Sure enough, I would crash every time he reached me.

Is this a recurring problem and/or is it something easily fixable?

I don't think you were meant to meet the foreign kings. Did you click the "Just one more turn option"?
And welcome to the forums! :beer:

In my own mod, I've done better than meet foreign kings. I've met my own king queen. (special case for my own mod, not likely to happen in anyone else's mod)

If one of the other European colonies declares independence and loses, then all their colonies have become property of their former king. However trade and diplomacy with a European king is heavily restricted.

For the case of this mod, I would guess that there is something changed in the code somewhere that makes representing the king's name impossible without a patch.
I can't say exactly what the problem would be though, because I haven't myself looked at AoDII's code. Best guess is that it is something to do with diplomacy not being defined with kings, where it is specifically defined with natives and other colonial powers.

I can think of two solutions (for Dale), even though I'm not certain of the nature of the problem.
1) Create code for what happens when encountering foreign kings.
2) Automatically change royally conquered colonies into some new colonial puppet state that cannot declare independence.

I don't think you were meant to meet the foreign kings. Did you click the "Just one more turn option"?
And welcome to the forums! :beer:

I didn't actually meet him. I mean, one of his ships appeared off my coast, causing his name to appear in my scores display. I haven't looked at the diplomacy screen to see if his name would appear, but I doubt it would considering it acts just like vanilla in that nothing happens when you click on his name in scores.

In my own mod, I've done better than meet foreign kings. I've met my own king queen. (special case for my own mod, not likely to happen in anyone else's mod)

If one of the other European colonies declares independence and loses, then all their colonies have become property of their former king. However trade and diplomacy with a European king is heavily restricted.

For the case of this mod, I would guess that there is something changed in the code somewhere that makes representing the king's name impossible without a patch.
I can't say exactly what the problem would be though, because I haven't myself looked at AoDII's code. Best guess is that it is something to do with diplomacy not being defined with kings, where it is specifically defined with natives and other colonial powers.

I can think of two solutions (for Dale), even though I'm not certain of the nature of the problem.
1) Create code for what happens when encountering foreign kings.
2) Automatically change royally conquered colonies into some new colonial puppet state that cannot declare independence.

That's probably what it is. I do not have this problem in vanilla though because I have run into foreign kings from other colonies failing their revolutions in vanilla and LooF. This is the only time I've had problems with it.

Top Bottom