Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Which editor did you try to open it with? I suggest Notepad++, the Microsoft Notepad can have trouble.

I'm still getting messed up tech speed on latest SVN. Protestantism was founded less than 10 turns after I spawned as Vikings, 3000BC start.

Can anyone confirm this? I mostly run 600 AD starts but they don't seem to have this problem.

I'm not getting problems with SVN494, although I did have to roll back from 496 because it had too many problems (not specifically tech speed though).

I'm currently working on fixing the most severe current problems.

Short question: what do you think about flipping unique units? Is it okay as it is, or should they revert to their base units?

Short question: what do you think about flipping unique units? Is it okay as it is, or should they revert to their base units?

my opinion, keep the UU as now, and continue to have the promotion.

I think it's OK to flip UUs. I used to like flipping Redcoats as America, before their UU changed to Minuteman.

It's not the end of the world if the ERE flips a couple legionaries.

When Buenos Aires flips to Argentina, there is still almost 100% Spanish culture, same bug with Rio de Janeiro flips to Brazil. But when Ciudad de Mexico flips it works fine.

Spoiler :

By the way, I suggest that when players play as Mexico, it will be better to build floating garden in Ciudad de Mexico automatically in 1810, it will help a lot to Mexico's UHV.

And also, Ciudad de Mexico is still displayed as ruin...

Spoiler :

When Buenos Aires flips to Argentina, there is still almost 100% Spanish culture, same bug with Rio de Janeiro flips to Brazil. But when Ciudad de Mexico flips it works fine.
I'm working on that right now.

By the way, I suggest that when players play as Mexico, it will be better to build floating garden in Ciudad de Mexico automatically in 1810, it will help a lot to Mexico's UHV.
This should already happen ... unless the gardens already exist elsewhere.

And also, Ciudad de Mexico is still displayed as ruin...
Save and reload is the only solution I have to offer at the moment.

This should already happen ... unless the gardens already exist elsewhere.

But many times Tenocititlan may be destroyed by the Barbarians or Conquerers, then the floating garden destroyed at that time, this... may be a little unfair to players...

I haven't seen one game where Tenochtitlan was destroyed and I'm running many late starts right now.

Personally, I don't think it's okay for a new civilization to flip UUs, unless that UU's civilization already dead. Flipping UU makes the UU isn't unique anymore. Also, since UU are designed specifically for a specific civilization, letting another civilization to flip it or hire it via mercenaries can lead to unintended exploitation to some degrees.

But I want some Redcoats as the USA! And flipping Legions as European civs rocks!

I think that getting UUs from flips adds to the flavour and is not source of imbalance (you get at most 2-3 UUs in normal conditions), so I don't see why it should be removed :)

The UUs aren't that unique. You can hire them as mercenaries and some of them are used by barbarians (Camel Archers) and Independents (when a civ collapses).

I seem to recall Egypt even being able to hire their own UU as a mercenary.

Top Bottom