Current (SVN) development discussion thread

In fact I mainly included them because I really liked the model.

But I'd already had the plan for a while to change their UU to a Corsair and give them a UHV goal related to piracy, replacing the weird Cordoba goal.

Perhaps re spawned Muslim Egypt could have Camel Gunners as its second UU? In fact any respawned but fundamentally different civs could use timeframe appropriate UUs and UBs, but that could be a lot of work.

As for the Corsairs it is really cool, just like Tunisia in RFCE+, enjoyed playing them. But how this will be reflecting the original Moorish civilization? We don't call them Western Muslims, we call them Moors. Even though they technically represent all the Westernmost Muslim civilizations of Al Andalus, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia -- the standalone glory of Muslim Spain deserves something Iberian-specific.

Perhaps if re-spawn civs do get UUs and Moors re-spawn with a capital in Africa Corsair could be better suited and later-time unit.

They're already called the Moors, which is a catch-all term for everyone in the Maghreb, which in turn is identical to the Barbary Coast. So I think it's easily applicable.

We'll still have the great people in capital goal for the Moors to represent Al-Andalus, which I think is the more appropriate way to represent the Caliphate of Cordoba.

The Moorish Cordoba UHV is one of my favorites because it requires balancing food from farms with commerce from cottages. It is interesting and unique, much more so than the Great People goal. The Moors are pretty well balances as is.

Are you sure it was Portugal? The Moors also found Uhshunubah there from time to time.

Yeah, this could work too. But still I want to get rid of the carry over unhappiness.

I don't even really understand why it exists. When a city changes hands, the old city object is deleted in the code and a new one is being created. So someone made the conscious decision to copy the old unhappiness over to the new city, and that doesn't make sense to me.

I've seen the Portuguese found Faro, too, though not consistently.

I'd glad when they do, though; Faro is a much better second city for AI Portugal than Punta Delgada, and it greatly helps Portugal at resisting Spanish cultural pressure. Whenever they found Faro, the Portuguese will be relatively strong (though I have not played a game that lasted until after the Brazilian spawn to see what happens to Portugal then).

... and a Poland commit:
- Sejmiks give +2 happiness
- improved Polish settler map
- new Polish UP: free cultural control of historical tiles within city radius
- Poland focuses more on Military Tradition, Astronomy and Liberalism
- faster spread of Protestantism and Orthodoxy in Poland

As a new person to the forum can I say how impressed I am with your organisational speed. From the inital suggestion that Hamburg "is crap", through "the Poland vote" to this initial outcome - super swift. Top work. :)

After the most recent revision, 509 I believe, I get an immediate CTD after I get to the civ selection screen, select Poland, and attempt to start a game.

After the most recent revision, 509 I believe, I get an immediate CTD after I get to the civ selection screen, select Poland, and attempt to start a game.
Don't have this problem. I do have a ton of my own tweaks to the mod though.

Re: New Polish UP, a few things:

(1) It doesn't work against Independents (of Kiev). It should.

(2) It is most useful around Krakow because it actually allows Poland to access the Iron south of it. And now you don't actually have to attack HRE and raze Wien to make Krakow viable. Good.

(3) Perhaps Poland can use another column of Contested tiles east of Kiev to make its UP work there. Not necessary, but would be a nice addition. Also, the Pig north of Kiev should be Contested too because Kiev need that Pig to reach size 12 quickly.

(4) More Historical/Contested tiles in the Balkans. This is necessary for Poland to conduct any sort of Cultural war against the Ottomans by settling a Black Sea port - which is probably the most fun thing to do as Poland IMO.

TL;DR
Enlarge the Polish stability map a little bit. It won't affect their Stability much but it will improve their economy significantly with the new UP.

Also, AI Poland still likes to settle 1 tile away from the Baltic Coast. C'est la vie I guess.

As a new person to the forum can I say how impressed I am with your organisational speed. From the inital suggestion that Hamburg "is crap", through "the Poland vote" to this initial outcome - super swift. Top work. :)
Yeah, who would have thought that something constructive could arise from such a crappy complaint.

(1) It doesn't work against Independents (of Kiev). It should.
Okay, didn't get to check it that much. Maybe it's because it's inside the vassalage checks.

(3) Perhaps Poland can use another column of Contested tiles east of Kiev to make its UP work there. Not necessary, but would be a nice addition. Also, the Pig north of Kiev should be Contested too because Kiev need that Pig to reach size 12 quickly.

(4) More Historical/Contested tiles in the Balkans. This is necessary for Poland to conduct any sort of Cultural war against the Ottomans by settling a Black Sea port - which is probably the most fun thing to do as Poland IMO.

TL;DR
Enlarge the Polish stability map a little bit. It won't affect their Stability much but it will improve their economy significantly with the new UP.
Yeah, alright.

Also, AI Poland still likes to settle 1 tile away from the Baltic Coast. C'est la vie I guess.
Give me some time to run a few more starts and optimize things.

... and a Poland commit:
- Sejmiks give +2 happiness
- improved Polish settler map
- new Polish UP: free cultural control of historical tiles within city radius
- Poland focuses more on Military Tradition, Astronomy and Liberalism
- faster spread of Protestantism and Orthodoxy in Poland

You are a gentleman and a scholar, my fine fellow.

I didn't want to get overly wordy in the description of the UP. The actual rule is like the vassalage effect on tile control (in fact I'm using the vassalage part of the code for the UP), i.e. they treat all historical tiles as if they were owned by their vassal.

That rule allows vassals to keep the first ring around their cities, which is why the wheat is still German.

(If you're referring to the fact that it is in Poland's core and the 80-20 rule should apply, it's also in the Holy Roman core.)

^ I think he's referring to the Wheat south of Krakow, not the one west of it.

Edit: Wait. The southern Wheat is not historical for Poland is it? Well I think it should be, just like the Iron next to it.

I didn't want to get overly wordy in the description of the UP. The actual rule is like the vassalage effect on tile control (in fact I'm using the vassalage part of the code for the UP), i.e. they treat all historical tiles as if they were owned by their vassal.

That rule allows vassals to keep the first ring around their cities, which is why the wheat is still German.

(If you're referring to the fact that it is in Poland's core and the 80-20 rule should apply, it's also in the Holy Roman core.)

OK, I see.

^ I think he's referring to the Wheat south of Krakow, not the one west of it.

Edit: Wait. The southern Wheat is not historical for Poland is it? Well I think it should be, just like the Iron next to it.
It's hard to tell because screenshots don't show the cursor, but the tile is irrigated which the Hungarian wheat isn't with the forests still present.

And it's not historical for Poland (deep Hungarian territory). I have seen them claim it without the UP before, though. At least until the HRE capital moves there.

Top Bottom