Current (SVN) development discussion thread

Loaded up a Prussia campaign, and I moved a rifleman and three cannons to the tile 1 SW of Kobenhavn. The next turn, Dutch borders expanded and these troops were moved south to Hamburg, despite the Open Borders treaty I had signed with the Duth the previous turn.

edit: Sorry, meant to post this to the Bug Reports and Technical issues thread.

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1703 Turn 322.CivBeyondSwordSave
    462.6 KB · Views: 29
- the Forbidden Palace now also reduces civic upkeep by 50%
This justifies its tremendous cost, and makes it one of the best Wonders in the game on par with GLH/SoL IMO.

I also like how this indirectly encourages Totalitarianism & State Property. Both China and Japan are a lot more interesting now. Leoreth once again demonstrating his golden touch.

The down side is that Beijing cannot be razed so easily without remorse now. :yuck:

This justifies its tremendous cost, and makes it one of the best Wonders in the game on par with GLH/SoL IMO.

I also like how this indirectly encourages Totalitarianism & State Property. Both China and Japan are a lot more interesting now. Leoreth once again demonstrating his golden touch.

The down side is that Beijing cannot be razed so easily without remorse now. :yuck:
I tend to underestimate civic upkeep costs so maybe the effect will be reduced a little ...

Ramón Castilla

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=120285

Also has a very nice UU there and a few GP names.
That's a Civ3 LH, unfortunately.

For infinite loops: please give me your last autosave before it happens.

Would be nice if someone could come up with like at least three GP names for all categories for Argentina

Spoiler :
Great Generals

Jose de San Martin
Cornelio Saavedra
Juan Jose Castelli
Manuel Belgrano
Martin Miguel de Güemes
Jose Gervasio Artigas
Francisco de Liniers
William Brown

Great Scientists

Rene Favaloro
László Biro
Francisco Perito Moreno
Luis Federico Leloir
Fernando Sanz

Great Engineers

Cesar Pelli
Luis Alberto Huergo
Clorindo Testa
Sebastian Uchitel
Amancio Williams

Great Artists

Carlos Gardel
Jose Hernandez
Gustavo Cerati
Antonio Berni
Daniel Barenboim
Juan Jose Campanella

Great Prophets

Jorge Mario Bergoglio
Gauchito Gil
Lionel Messi
Diego Armando Maradona
Agustin Pichot

I'm missing the Spyes

Thanks! You didn't happen to sort them chronologically?

Great Artists

Carlos Gardel
Jose Hernandez
Gustavo Cerati
Antonio Berni
Daniel Barenboim
Juan Jose Campanella

[/SPOILER]

But, why Jorge Luis Borges and Evita Peron aren't in this list? I don't know how do Argentinians treat them, but I think they did a lot affect to Argentina.

Okay, most of them are in (had to weed out a few sportsmen though), including Borges and Eva Peron. Did you forget about great merchants or don't you have any?

Don't have mechants, forgot about Borges, Evita was very far from being in the artist category

Sorted chronologically, without sportsmen.
Spoiler :
Great Generals

Francisco de Liniers
Cornelio Saavedra
Juan Jose Castelli
Manuel Belgrano
Martin Miguel de Güemes
William Brown
Jose de San Martin
Jose Gervasio Artigas

Great Scientists

Francisco Perito Moreno
László Biro
Luis Federico Leloir
Rene Favaloro
Fernando Sanz

Great Engineers

Luis Alberto Huergo
Clorindo Testa
Cesar Pelli
Amancio Williams
Sebastian Uchitel

Great Artists

Jose Hernandez
Carlos Gardel
Antonio Berni
Jorge Luis Borges
Gustavo Cerati
Juan Jose Campanella

Great Prophets

Gauchito Gil
Jorge Mario Bergoglio

Thanks, but as I said, they're in already. Actually they're being committed with the next revision right now:
- first American goal now also requires to control or vassalize Mexico (of course I timed this to coincide with the 4th of July)
- fixed invisible/unselectable slaves after trade bug*
- added Argentine great people names
- adjusted Incan respawn to suit Peru more
- let respawned civs adopt a state religion (especially for respawned Egypt)

Warning: I had a failed to compress game data error after I tried to load a game after applying the slave trade fix. I don't know if this applies to all games, but be ready to roll back to the previous revision if your current game doesn't work with these changes.

* if anyone's interested, the problem was slaves in transport ships, which are always invisible to the player and remain so even after the trade. I forced the game to unload them before trading and that did the trick. Slaves that are currently on transit (i.e. on ships at sea) cannot be traded anymore.

I was referring to games started before the SVN update. Sorry, my post is a bit confusing in retrospect. Games started after the update definitely work.

I was referring to games started before the SVN update. Sorry, my post is a bit confusing in retrospect. Games started after the update definitely work.

So...the invisible/unselectable slaves after trade bug remains now?

By the way, is there a playable respawn Peru some days later? I think it may be too crowd with Gran Columbia, though I still look foward to a new Peru.

Would be nice if someone could come up with like at least three GP names for all categories for Argentina, Mexico and Brazil.

Great scientist Osvaldo Cruz
Great Engineer Oscar Neimeyer
Great artist Carlos Gomes , Romero Britto

just a few that came in my mind right now

Brazillian BTW

Building on therox, chronologically:

Artists: Aleijadinho*, Carlos Gomes, Machado de Assis, Tom Jobim, Romero Britto

Engineer: André Rebouças, Cândido Rondon, Oscar Niemeyer, Norberto Odebrecht

General: Duque de Caxias, Almirante Tamandaré, Mascarenhas de Morais, Eurico Gaspar Dutra, Artur da Costa e Silva

Merchant: Francesco Matarazzo, Roberto Marinho, Jorge Lemann, Eike Batista

Prophet: Antônio Conselheiro, Hélder Câmara, Chico Xavier, Edir Macedo

I tend to underestimate civic upkeep costs so maybe the effect will be reduced a little ...
For 1700AD China on start the savings of Forbidden Palace on Civic upkeep amounts to exactly 27 :gold: per turn.

This is much less than the effect of a Shrine (even without Temple of Solomon) or the Empire State Building, let alone GLH, SoL, or Spiral Minaret because the :gold: bonus from those all go through +100%+ modifiers (Market/Grocer/Bank/Wall Street) whereas the savings from Forbidden Palace does not go through modifiers.

So yeah, hardly overpowered right now unless maybe when used by such civs who has terrible Civic Upkeep modifiers and who expanded into an ahistorical global empire (i.e. 3000BC China/Rome/Persia going for Domination instead of UHV). In short I think this Wonder can only possibly become OP when the Human player goes for Domination, much like the Sistine Chapel is.

So...the invisible/unselectable slaves after trade bug remains now?

By the way, is there a playable respawn Peru some days later? I think it may be too crowd with Gran Columbia, though I still look foward to a new Peru.
No, the bug is definitely fixed.

Peru is just the normal unplayable Inca respawn with appropriate respawn regions and dynamic names.

Building on therox, chronologically:

Artists: Aleijadinho*, Carlos Gomes, Machado de Assis, Tom Jobim, Romero Britto

Engineer: André Rebouças, Cândido Rondon, Oscar Niemeyer, Norberto Odebrecht

General: Duque de Caxias, Almirante Tamandaré, Mascarenhas de Morais, Eurico Gaspar Dutra, Artur da Costa e Silva

Merchant: Francesco Matarazzo, Roberto Marinho, Jorge Lemann, Eike Batista

Prophet: Antônio Conselheiro, Hélder Câmara, Chico Xavier, Edir Macedo
Thanks.

Just asking a question about SVN version. I am playing 3000BC scenario as Poland and at 1050AD, just a few turns after my spawn I see a message that I failed my second historical objective, liberalism. So after checking world builder, I found that somehow India was able to research it at 1050AD on monarch difficulty. So my question: is it just my extreme bad luck or AI indians can research that fast?

India should probably be nerfed a little. They can develop an insane tech speed in the middle ages.

Hi, great mod and getting better! Is there a way to select an unplayable civ? I saw something about Alt+X. Is that correct?

As a Peruvian I am really interested in playing as my country. I know there's no chance that Perú would be included as a playable civ or Inca respawn, is it?

If there is a chance, even a little one, I have some ideas: We have Húsares of Junín as UU [a mounted unit with bonus on hills or a better first strike chance] and for UA the Power of Guano Trading [+1 Gold in every sea tile or something like that] or the Power of Andean Cuisine [something with food resources] or the Power of Tourism [not sure about the bonus but representing the importance of tourism in our economy]. Also, as UB we could have the Huarique [small restaurants known by their excellent flavour. So they could replace an entertainment building and give bonus culture with food resources]. For UHV maybe invading / settling Chile, Bolivia and Ecuador or having cities in the coast, highlands and Amazon jungle. I can help with the Sevopedia! ;)
If not, no problem. I am still happy that I can be playing the unplayable respawn :)

Top Bottom